Why should you study abroad?
Studying abroad allows you to:
- Enhance your career at Clarion University.
- Appreciate other cultures and your own culture.
- Gain global awareness and education.
- Learn to be a global citizen.
- Become more confident about the world in which you live.
- Understand your role in the world better.
- Have a stronger profile for the job market.
- Prove you can adapt to different cultures, environments.
- Earn credits while living in another country.
Application Process for Students
When planning to study abroad you want to take the following steps:
- Meet with the study abroad coordinator, Dr. William R. Naugle (414 Becht Hall).
- Have a GPA of at least 2.8 (Cumulative GPA). For students who do not meet the minimum 2.8 GPA requirement, a waiver is required that is approved by the student's academic advisor and Department Dean.
- Meet with your academic advisor to discuss classes that best fit your degree program. Make sure that all classes you take abroad will transfer as part of your major/minor.
- Fill out a study abroad application form available at the Office of International Programs (414 Becht Hall) or download here
- Explore funding and scholarship opportunities.
- Apply for a passport and the student identity card (international insurance).
- Important travel related websites
Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)
International Travel Safety Information For Students
Transportation Security Administration
Tips for Traveling Abroad
Center for Disease Control and Prevention
new study abroad opportunitieS
Watch the testimonial videos below from students that have experienced the Cost Rica trip in recent years past! If you're interested in the the Costa Rica trip, please email Dr. Trejos. Interested students should also fill out the Clarion University Study Abroad form and submit it to the Office of International Programs in order to participate.