HOW WILL MY CREDITS TRANSFER?
Start fresh at Clarion! Be among the hundreds who transfer annually from many colleges and universities throughout the state! Application fees will be waived for transfer students who visit campus, as well as instant decisions to those who bring an application and most recent college transcript to campus.
We accept transferring students in good academic standing from any similarly-accredited college or university who meet the following criteria:
- Six or more college-level credits
- Cumulative QPA of 2.0 or higher
- Must be in good standing from last institution
Determine if your credits will transfer to Clarion before you submit an application. In order for credits to transfer:
- You must have earned at least a "C" or better in the class.
- Grades and GPA will not transfer
- Credits must be earned from a similarly-accredited school
Transfer Course Equivalencies
How can you find out if your courses will transfer? Check out the Transfer and Articulation Center on PA TRAC to see a comprehensive list of courses and how they transfer to Clarion. You can also view the same course equivalencies on the Transfer Course Equivalency Guide.
REQUEST A CREDIT EVALUATION ONLINE
Have your transferable credits evaluated for Clarion equivalencies and receive information about your program of study. Fill out the credit evaluation form online and submit your college transcript(s) for pre-admission and transition advising.
Questions? Contact the Office of Undergraduate Transfer Admission
Phone: 814 393 2306
Fax: 814 393 2030
Office address: 314 Becht Hall
Mailing address: 840 Wood St., Clarion, Pa. 16214
Clarion accepts all college-level credits from any recognized regionally-accredited community or junior college where a student has earned a grade of "C" or better.
RECOGNIZED REGIONAL ACCREDITATIONS
- Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools
- New England Association of Schools and Colleges
- North Central Association of Colleges and Schools
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
- Northwest Association of Colleges and Schools
- Western Association of Schools and Colleges
Clarion University is fully accredited by Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
To earn a degree from Clarion, you must complete a minimum of 30 of your last 60 credits
and at least 50 percent of the major credits through Clarion University curriculum.
Residency policy for incoming students.
- Business majors are required to transfer a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher.
- Education majors are required to transfer a cumulative GPA of 2.8 or higher.
- Nursing majors are required to transfer a cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher ASN & BSN; 2.5 or higher RN-BSN.
If you have questions or concerns about these program GPA requirements, please call and discuss your options with the Admissions team 1-800-672-7171 option 1.
STEPS TOWARDS YOUR TRANSFER
- Determine if your credits will transfer
- Complete the undergraduate application.
- Pay the application fee ($35 online or $40 paper application).
- Submit ALL transcripts from ANY post secondary institution attended.
Notes: High school transcripts or GED required for those who have fewer then 15 transferable credits and/or are applicants for the ASN or BSN. In addition, SAT or ACT test scores are NOT required for transfer students.
- Once admitted, follow these instructions to view your transfer credits on your degree audit in your MyClarion Student Center.
The 14 community colleges in the state and 14 State System universities recently signed a statewide reverse transfer agreement. This will allow students who have earned at least 60 total credits to apply for an associate degree from the community college where they started.
Students are eligible to participate if they have transferred in at least 45 credits from the most recently attended PA Community College to a PA State System University, have completed at least 15 credits at the PA State System University, earned a grade point average of 2.00 in their courses at the four-year university, and have no financial holds in their student account.
If you believe that you would be a candidate for this program and would like to participate, complete the Reverse Transfer Participation and Transcript Request Release form, and submit it to the Registrar's Office, 148 Becht Hall or mail it to the Registrar's Office at 840 Wood Street, Clarion, PA. 16214.
If you have questions about what courses are needed to satisfy your PA Community College degree, please contact the community college.
Frequently Asked Question's on reverse Transfer Agreement between Pennsylvania Community Colleges and
the Pennsylvania's State System of Higher Education
If you have any questions regarding reverse transfer, please contact the Registrar's Office at 814 393 2229 or firstname.lastname@example.org
NEW TRANSFER STUDENT SCHOLARSHIP
UP TO $8,000 AVAILABLE
Transfer students with a cumulative 3.0 or better (averaged from all of the previous institutions attended) are eligible to receive a renewable (up to 8 semesters) award upon transfer to Clarion provided certain criteria are met.
Eligibility will be determined through the admissions process and awards will be given until funds are depleted.