Start fresh at Clarion! Be among the hundreds who transfer annually from many colleges and universities throughout the state!
We accept transferring students in good academic standing from any similarly-accredited college or university who meet the following criteria:
- Six or more college-level credits
- Cumulative QPA of 2.0 or higher
- Must be in good standing from last institution
To earn a degree from Clarion, you must complete a minimum of 30 of your last 60 credits
and at least 50 percent of the major credits through Clarion University curriculum.
Residency policy for incoming students.
- Business majors are required to transfer a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher.
- Education majors are required to transfer a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Nursing majors are required to transfer a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher (BSN); 2.5 or higher (ASN).
STEPS TOWARDS YOUR TRANSFER
- Determine if your credits will transfer
- Complete the undergraduate application.
- Pay the application fee ($35 online or $40 paper application).
- Submit ALL transcripts from ANY post secondary institution attended.
Notes: High school transcripts required for those who have fewer then 15 transferable credits. In addition, SAT or ACT test scores are NOT required for transfer students.
The 14 community colleges in the state and 14 State System universities recently signed a statewide reverse transfer agreement. This will allow students who have earned at least 60 total credits to apply for an associate degree from the community college where they started.
Students are eligible to participate if they have transferred in at least 45 credits from the most recently attended PA Community College to a PA State System University, have completed at least 15 credits at the PA State System University, earned a grade point average of 2.00 in their courses at the four-year university, and have no financial holds in their student account.
If you believe that you would be a candidate for this program and would like to participate, complete the Reverse Transfer Participation and Transcript Request Release form, and submit it to the Registrar's Office, 148 Becht Hall or mail it to the Registrar's Office at 840 Wood Street, Clarion, PA. 16214.
If you have questions about what courses are needed to satisfy your PA Community College degree, please contact the community college.
Frequently Asked Question's on reverse Transfer Agreement between Pennsylvania Community Colleges and
the Pennsylvania's State System of Higher Education
If you have any questions regarding reverse transfer, please contact the Registrar's Office at +1 814 393 2229 or email@example.com
HOW WILL MY CREDITS TRANSFER?
Determine if your credits will transfer to Clarion and how they will apply to your program of study. In order for credits to transfer:
- You must have earned at least a "C" or better in the class.
- Grades and GPA will not transfer
- Credits must be earned from a similarly-accredited school
REQUEST A CREDIT EVALUATION BY MAIL
Have your transferable credits applied to the degree audit of your program of study. Submit your college transcript(s) for pre-admission and transition advising to:
Associate Director of Transfer, Adult and Graduate Admissions
Phone: +1 814 393 2306
Fax: +1 814 393 2030
Office address: 314 Becht Hall
Mailing address: 840 Wood St., Clarion, Pa. 16214
GPS address: 909 E. Wood St., Clarion, Pa. 16214
Clarion accepts all college-level credits from any recognized regionally-accredited community or junior college where a student has earned a grade of "C" or better.
RECOGNIZED REGIONAL ACCREDITATIONS
- Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools
- New England Association of Schools and Colleges
- North Central Association of Colleges and Schools
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
- Northwest Association of Colleges and Schools
- Western Association of Schools and Colleges
Clarion University is fully accredited by Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
NEW TRANSFER STUDENT SCHOLARSHIP
UP TO $8,000 AVAILABLE
Transfer students with a cumulative 2.75 or better (averaged from all of the previous institutions attended) are eligible to receive a renewable (up to 8 semesters) award upon transfer to Clarion provided certain criteria are met.
Eligibility will be determined through the admissions process.