Clarion University's School of Education ranks among the top higher education institutions in Pennsylvania and in the top 15% nationally!
Middle Level Education (Grades 4-8) - Ranked No. 1 in Pennsylvania (2016)
Early Childhood Education and Early Childhood Associates Degree - Ranked No. 2 in Pennsylvania (2016)
Special Education - Ranked No. 9 in Pennsylvania (2016)
Elementary Education - Ranked No. 11 in Pennsylvania (2016)
We offer a wide variety of undergraduate and graduate certification programs in the educational fields. These programs are taught by an esteemed faculty ensuring your place among the elite professionals in your chosen profession.
A key aspect of the School of Education is its field experience.
- multiple field experiences that are intentionally diverse
- exposure to rural schools, larger schools and parochial schools
- opportunities for field work at Cook Forest, McKeever Environmental Education Center, and the Elk Country Visitors Center in Benezette
Clarion students find jobs all over the country. Last fall, three Clarion students completed their student teaching in Broward County, Fla., where Clarion has established a partnership. We have graduates teaching in Alaska, Arizona, Kansas and Virginia, among others.
Dr. Gwyneth A. Price | Professor | Director of the School of Education
+1 814 393 2298
This is where education majors learn to be educators. Education majors are immersed in learning and teaching experiences from the beginning that will help them shape the next generation of thinkers.
Special Education is for the future educator who knows that not every student learns in the same way, but believes every student is capable of reaching his or her own potential. Here, special education majors gain the tools to help others.
All undergraduate education and special education majors must be formally admitted to the School of Education prior to registering for field experience block classes. Admission requirements are as follows:
- SOE Program Admission Policy
- 3.0 QPA
- Current clearances on file
- Basic skills tests (PAPA or CORE) passed and scores submitted
(exemption possible based on SAT Scores)
- Program admission form completed and submitted to the School of Education office
For additional questions, please contact Clarion's Admissions office.