The Clarion Admissions team knows that this is a trying time for secondary school counselors, and our hope is to help support you through this. Due to social distancing and work being performed remotely, we will be accepting electronic copies of high school transcripts, recommendation letters and essays for admission review.
We appreciate and value your hard work and dedication, and we hope this page provides some useful resources for helping students make one of the most exciting decisions of their young lives.
Finding the perfect match for your college-bound students is no easy task. Our goal
is to enroll students who will be a good match both academically and socially to Clarion
and you play a very important role in helping them explore their options. We look
forward to working with you, your staff, and your seniors to ensure the successes
of the next class of Clarion University students. Please contact us if you have any
questions, comments, or concerns.
We're here to help!
Clarion Admissions Team
Our Freshman Class
Over 900 first-year students joined us this fall hailing from 18 states. Their most popular majors were Business, Nursing, Education & Sciences.
The average applicant was in the top 2/5's of their class (top 40% class rank) with a 3.2 cumulative GPA on a 4.0 scale (87% average). The average SAT score was between a 1000-1100 on the combined critical reading and math scores. The average ACT score was a 21.
Rolling Admissions Policy
We review applications, beginning in July, for the following Fall Semester.
Nursing applicants pursuing the BSN (Bachelor of Science in Nursing) have a December 15th application deadline or sooner if the program fills.
Most applicants complete:
- Four units of English
- Four units of mathematics (typically algebra, geometry, trigonometry or pre-calculus)
- Three units of lab science (typically biology, chemistry and another inquiry-based lab or technical science)
- Two units of social sciences (typically world cultures, history, psychology or sociology)
- Two or more years of a language are strongly encouraged, but not required
Earning College credits in High School
AP Course Chart
school counselor requests
Find Out What's New!
- Request an application fee waiver
- Request materials to be sent to your school
- Request a counselor to visit your school
- Request an instant decision day for seniors - New!
- Request a bus trip to campus
Call for Requests 800 672 7171, ext. 1.
Join Our Mailing List
Email us your up to date contact information and we'll keep you in the loop with campus activities and everything Clarion.