Get Help


Questions often asked by first-year students….with answers.  Have a question that you cannot find the answer to below?  Contact the Center for Student Outreach and Success Coaching via e-mail to ask.

Success Coaching

 Q.  Who is my Success Coach?

Success coaches available to help students.  Students are assigned to a Success Coach depending on their major.  You can make an appointment via the link after each coach's name.

Bonita Bailey -  
Matthew Mullen -

If you are a student enrolled in TRiO Student Support Services (SSS):

TRiO Logo

  • You are in for a great year! This is true because you are eligible to participate in all of the Center's programming AND TRiO SSS programming.
  • You will be assigned an Academic Counselor who is linked to TRiO  and will assist you from your first year to your last year. (TRiO Academic Counselors are with you all the way!)
  • Take advantage of all the First-Year and TRiO SSS opportunities provided to you.
  • To visit the TRiO SSS webpage, and for more information:

Q.  Do I need an appointment to see a Success Coach?

Appointments are preferred but are not required.  Stop by the 4th floor of Becht Hall to speak to a Success Coach.  You can also request an appointment via the "BookMe" links for each coach above.
TRiO students should make an appointment with their Academic Counselor.

Q.  How can a Success Coach help me?

Success Coaches can help with a range of things, including but not limited to:

- academic skills like time management, study skills, and self-advocacy
- social connections and connecting to campus through involvement
- finding campus resources like tutoring, disability support, and career services

Q.  Do I have a Success Coach and an Advisor assigned to me?

Yes.  Each student is assigned an academic advisor within their major who helps with deciding courses to take and progressing toward graduation within the major.  The First-Year Success Coaches help with academic skills, like time management, studying, note-taking, as well as the personal success of students.

Career services

Q.  Where is the Career Services office?

Career Services is located in 419 Becht Hall.     

Q.  How do I get a job on campus?

One way to apply for jobs on campus is through JobX.  Questions about JobX can be directed to the office of Student Financial Services.

A platform called Handshake is one way to search for jobs on or around campus.  Stop by Career Services office to get help using this platform or e-mail questions to

Q.  Who can answer questions about on-campus jobs?

Students should use the JobX platform to find and apply for on-campus jobs.

Q.  Do I have to make an appointment with my Career Coach or can I just stop by?

You can make an appointment by e-mailing or stopping by!

Student Activities


Q.  What is the Welcome Week schedule?

The Welcome Week schedule will be available this summer.

Q.  What ways can I get involved on campus?

There are over 150 RSOs (Recognized Student Organizations) available to students.  Log in to CU Connect to view the list of RSOs.

Q.  Who should I contact if I have questions about Student Activities or Welcome Week?

For questions about Student Activities, contact Matthew Shaffer, Director of Student Engagement and Development, at or 814 393 1982.

For questions about Welcome Week, contact Jessica Wolbert, New Student Programs Coordinator, at or 814 393 1740.

Student life and Housing

Q.  What should I bring for my room?

Take a look at this list from Residence Life for some ideas on what to bring. 

Q.  What is my campus address?

View your campus address on your My Clarion. 
The general address for Clarion University is 840 Wood Street, Clarion, PA 16214.

Students living on campus:
Apt# and Letter Building
Clarion, PA 16214
ex:  John Doe, 210B Valley View Suites, Clarion, PA 16214

Students living in Reinhard:
Apt# and Letter  Village
Clarion, PA 16214
ex: John Doe, 1331C Brook Trout Trace, Clarion PA 16214

Q.  Where do I pick up my mail?

Students living on campus will find their mail in the mail room on the first floor of their residence hall.

 Students living in Reinhard will find their mail in the community center mailboxes. 

Q.  Where do I pick up a package?

Students living on campus will receive a package slip in their mailbox and can retrieve the package from Gemmell or Shipping/Receiving.

Students living in Reinhard will receive a package slip in their mailbox or a text message will be sent to inform them to pick it up in the Leasing Office during business hours.

*You must bring your valid ID to obtain your package.

Q.  What is life like for a first-year student at Clarion?

Check out the Twins on Main blog here for a glimpse into the life of two Clarion freshmen.

Student Success and Support Resources


Q.  What resources exist for students with disabilities or who need special accommodations?

Students requesting assistance or special accommodations should contact Mr. Ron Radaker at or 814 393 1877.

Q. How do I get a tutor?

Students can request a tutor through the form at

Q.  Who can help me with writing assignments?

The Writing Center, located in 312 Becht, is staffed by student writing consultants who are happy to help.  Visit their webpage for hours.

Q.  Where do I go if I forgot my password?

The Help Desk is located in 107 Becht.   View their page for additional information.

Q.  What if I am enrolled in TRiO Student Support Services (SSS)?

  • You will be assigned an Academic Counselor who is linked to TRiO  and will assist you from your first year to your last year. (TRiO Academic Counselors are with you all the way!)
  • Take advantage of all the First-Year and TRiO SSS opportunities provided to you.
  • To visit the TRiO SSS webpage, and for more information:

Platform and Website Navigation

Q.  Where can I get a copy of my schedule?

Student schedules can be found on the My Clarion portal.

Q.  How do I find out what books I need?

Information about books can be found on the My Clarion portal or via the Book Store’s webpage.  

Q.  How can I find out my professors' email addresses?

Use the directory on the Clarion homepage to look up campus information about professors.

Q.  Who is my advisor?

Information about student advisors can be found on the My Clarion portal.

Q.  When can I register for next semester?

The date for registration is listed on the My Clarion portal.

Q.  Can I download Microsoft Office for free?

Most students will need software for word processing, spreadsheets, and browsing the web. We recommend purchasing the Microsoft Office suite. Microsoft Works is not equivalent and is not supported on campus. *Students are required to have anti-virus software installed on their computers when connecting to the university's network, wired or wireless. Enrolled students can download McAfee Anti-virus software from the Computing Services website at no cost. Click on the name of the software title below to obtain more information, to download or link to specific information about the software product.

Visit the Technology at Clarion webpage for more information.

Q.  How do I add money for printing?

Students wishing to add Eagle Dollars to their account must be a current or future student with a schedule and a valid Clarion ID card. 

Students can add Eagle Dollars anytime through the online system GET Funds by using a credit card payment.  OR call/stop by the Center for Residence Life Services, we accept credit cards, cash, check, or money orders.  The minimum deposit by these two methods is $25.   OR, students can add cash to their Eagle Dollars account in smaller increments at the Value Add machines located in the lower level of the Gemmell Student Center or Level A Carlson Library.  The Value machines accept $1, $5, $10, or $20 dollar bills. No change is returned from these machines.

wellness Center

Q.  What is the Wellness Center?

The Clarion University Center for Wellness promotes the holistic well-being of our students and enhances their university experience by providing health and counseling services, preventative education, and recreation and co-curricular programs through collaboration with others.

Services include:

Treatment of illnesses and injuries

Physical Exams

Women's Health

Screening for sexually transmitted infections (Male and Female)

Immunizations (Tetanus, Flu, etc.)

Allergy Injections

Q.  Where is the Wellness Center?

The Wellness Center is located in 256 Becht.

Q.  When can I go to the Wellness Center?

The Wellness Center is open Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 11:45 a.m., 12:45 p.m. - 4:45 p.m.

Q.  How much do services cost?

A $5.00 fee will be assessed at each visit that a provider is seen. There may be additional charges for procedures, medications, or supplies provided.

All charges are made through student accounts and will appear as "Health Center Charges" on the student's statement. Charges by hospitals, other clinics, pharmacies, and/or other physicians are the sole responsibility of the student.

A summary of charges, suitable for submission to your insurance company, will be provided at the students request. The Center for Wellness does not bill insurance companies for any of its services.

There is no need to bring any form of payment to the Center for Wellness at the time of the visit.  It is recommended that you bring your insurance card at the time of your appointment.  This will be useful in the event that services outside of our facility are required.

Q.  Do I need to turn in any immunization records?

Visit the Wellness Center’s site for information.

Q.  Do I need to turn in a physical?

Visit the Wellness Center’s site for information.
Last Updated 7/13/21