Assessment & Improvement
ISLAB - The institutional and student learning advisory board
The purpose of the advisory board is to facilitate a comprehensive and effective plan to demonstrate achievement of Middle States accreditation standards and to offer guidance to ISLAC, IEC and their subcommittees in reaching these goals.
The Institutional and Student Learning Advisory Board current membership:
ISLAC - THE INSTITUTIONAL AND STUDENT LEARNING ASSESSMENT COMMITTEE
The purpose of ISLAC is to help advance a sustainable culture of assessment at Clarion University that is both valued and supported across all divisions. In addressing this charge, the committee works to ensure that:
1. Clarion University has developed and implemented an assessment process that evaluates its overall effectiveness in achieving its mission and strategic directions and its compliance with institutional accreditation standards;
2. Clarion University's assessment of student learning demonstrates that students have knowledge, skills, and competencies consistent with the goals of the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education (PASSHE) and of the university.
- Students will mature in their understanding of the creative, natural, social and cultural forces that shape the world.
- Students will develop intellectual inquiry and problem solving skills, leading to praxis.
- Students will commit to personal and professional ethical responsibility.
- Students will integrate and apply their learning across general and specialized fields.
Assessment forms and Library Guide
The Institutional and Student Learning Assessment Committee (ISLAC) current membership:
Dr. Laurie Pierce - Chair
Dr. Simon Aristeguieta-Trillos: Department of Information and Library Science
Ms. Natalie Armstrong: Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders
Dr. Jennifer L. Boyer: Criminal Justice-Department of Human Services, Rehabilitation Health and Sport Science
Dr. Rhonda L. Clark: Department of Information and Library Science
Dr. David H. Hartley: Interim Associate Provost
Dr. Chris McCarrick: Department of English and Modern Languages
Dr. Marcella K. McConnell: Chemistry, Mathematics, & Physics and Education Departments
Dr. Pam Gent: Provost & Academic VP
Iec - INSTITUTIONAL AND effectiveness COMMITTEE
The purpose of this committee is to assess the effectiveness of operations and student learning in the administrative and student support units of the institution.
The Institutional Effectiveness Committee current membership:
Dr. Susanne Fenske, chair and VP of Student Affairs
Mr. Len Cullo, VP of Finance and Administration
Mr. Jim Geiger, VP of University Advancement
Dr. Pam Gent, Provost & Academic VP