The American Marketing Association
The American Marketing Association provides members with valuable opportunities in the marketing field. The organization networks with established businesses and professionals and practices marketing skills through volunteer community involvement.
AMA is the largest marketing association in North America, in which members can practice, teach and study marketing worldwide. Campus branches connect with the national organization by staying involved with acclaimed seminars, topical events and the workshops that are offered. The association also provides a path of communication between all types of business majors.
Meetings and Membership
The American Marketing Association holds member meetings several times throughout each semester. Please refer to the AMA bulletin board on the second floor of Still Hall for meeting times and membership applications. You also will find more information and updates regarding events on Facebook by “liking” our page, Clarion University AMA, or by following us on Twitter at ClarionAMA.
The Clarion University Chapter takes a fall trip to New York City each year. This trip typically includes visits to well known marketing, advertising and public relations firms. Past company visits include:
- Big Spaceship, Inc. (advertising agency which represents GE, HP, Crayola, Target and Nike)
- Finn Partners (public relations firm with more than 100 clients including Hyundai, Bosch, The North Face and Stub Hub)
- J.W. Thompson (international advertising agency for companies such as Johnson & Johnson, Kimberly-Clark, Kraft, Nestlé, Royal Caribbean and Schick)
- McCann Worldgroup (one of the world’s largest marketing communications networks for Master Card and Xbox)
- Duetsch, Inc. (advertising firm for Kodak, Dr. Pepper, Playstation, VW Group, PNC, Snapple and Microsoft)
Annually, the chapter attends regional conferences in the Pittsburgh area and a national conference in New Orleans.
The Clarion University Chapter participates in AMASavesLives, an organ donation campaign, to increase organ donation awareness. Also, the Chapter participates in a Cook Forest Clean-Up Day each semester. The organization participates in other service-related activities throughout the local Clarion community.