ON CAMPUS EMPLOYMENT
On campus employment is coordinated through JobX. To access JobX sign In to your MyClarion account. Under the Financial Aid section click the "Student Employment" link.
Direct questions about JobX to Student Financial Services (814-393-2315 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
OFF CAMPUS EMPLOYMENT
The Center for Career and Professional Development promotes part-time employment off-campus through the career management platform HANDSHAKE .
A SAMPLING OF STUDENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES ON CAMPUS
- Catering/Cooks/Food Service Workers in Gemmell/Eagle Commons/Starbucks - Chartwell
- Community Assistants - Office of Residential Life
- Computer Lab Assistants - Click on Lab Name > Lab Contact
- Federal Work-study - Community Service - Center for Leadership and Involvement
- Interns (paid positions) - PSECU (110 Gemmell Student Complex) 1-800-237-7328
- Lab Assistants (language/sciences) - Contact respective academic department
- Technology Assistants - Learning Technology Center
- Student Employment - Contact academic departments/offices/programs
- Student Rec Center Staff - Student Recreation Center
- Student Phonathon Staff - University Foundation
- Student Worker (Eagle Flight Crew) - Office of Admissions
- SOAR Mentors/Orientation Leaders - New Student Programs
- Student Dispatchers - Public Safety Office
- Tutors - Learning Skills Lab and Writing Center
- Tutors - Tutoring and Testing Center
- University Bookstore Staff - Follett
- Summer Staff - Upward Bound
LOCAL AND STATE ONLINE JOB SEARCH SITES
- PA JobGateway - https://www.jobgateway.state.pa.us
- Derrick and The Clarion News - http://www.thederrick.com/
- The Courier Express and the Jeffersonian Democrat - www.thecourierexpress.com
ADVICE FOR AVOIDING JOB SEARCH SCAMS
The Federal Trade Commission - https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams
RipOff Report - http://www.ripoffreport.com/
Better Business Bureau Scam Stopper - http://www.bbb.org/council/bbb-scam-stopper/
DISCLAIMER: The Clarion University Center for Career and Professional Development serves as a clearinghouse of information for job and experiential learning opportunities. The listing of a position or search engine should not be interpreted as an endorsement. Clarion University is not responsible for safety, wages, working conditions, or other various aspects of employment. Students and alumni should personally research openings and organizations prior to submitting a resume to an organization or entering into any employment agreements.