Resumes and Cover Letters
- Resume Self-Guided Checklist
- Resume Review Rubric
- Resume Writing Basics
- Worksheet for Developing a Draft
- Expert Resumes for Military-to-Civilian Transitions - this guidebook shows veterans how to market their skills and experience and translate them into language employers will understand. It provides 180 pages of resume samples and is available at the Career Development Center office, 419 Becht Hall.
- The Basics of Resume Writing
- First Year Student Narrated Resume
- Education Major Narrated Resume
- Science Major Narrated Resume
- Business Major Narrated Resume
- CIS with Transfer Education Narrated Resume
- Alumus with Military Experience and Extensive Work Experience Narrated Resume
- Graduate Degree Narrated Resume
- Accounting and Finance (with Military Experience)
- Bachelor and Masters
- Biology and Chemistry
- Biology CV
- Business, General
- Computer Information Systems
- Computer Science
- Computer Science and Math
- Environmental Geoscience
- First Year Students
- French and International Business
- Functional Resume
- Nurse (limited medical experience)
- Nurse (prior related experience)
- Nutrition and Fitness
- Professional Writing and Business Administration
- Sociology and Womens Studies
- Speech Communication and Theatre
- Speech Communication
- Speech-Language Pathology
- Military Experience - https://mst.vaforvets.va.gov/mst/va/
- Military Experience - https://www.jobgateway.pa.gov/jponline/Admin/Common/VeteranServices.aspx
- O*NET OnLine - www.onetonline.org
Scheduling a Resumé Review Session
- Students/alumni may schedule an in-person or telephone appointment with a Career Development Center staff member to have a rough draft of a resumé reviewed. We encourage you to make an appointment at least two weeks prior to the date that you need your resume.
- Call our office at 814-393-2323 to schedule an appointment.
- E-mail a draft of your resume, as an attachment, to email@example.com and receive feedback from our review team.
Steps to Take Prior to Your Appointment
- To learn the basics of a resumé writing, review our Resumé Writing publication, watch our YouTube Tutorial, or attend one of the resumé writing workshops offered by the CDC staff throughout the academic year. The workshop schedule is posted on your career management service, Clarion Career Connection coming soon!
- Prepare a rough draft of your resumé.
E-mail the rough draft in MS Word format as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org. It will be forwarded to the staff member with whom your appointment is scheduled. Please allow 3-5 business day for a review when classes are in session and 7 - 10 business days during periods of high-volume submissions, during the summer session and over breaks.
- Bring your rough draft in MS Word format on a CD or pen/flash drive so you can easily make revisions to your rough draft during your appointment.
- Curious as to what belongs in a career portfolio? Watch our YouTube video to find out!
- Use the Career Portfolio Guide to begin developing your portfolio. Don't forget to schedule an appointment with our office for help unpacking what should be included and how to effectively utilize a portfolio.