Exchange Settings for Mobile Phones
Exchange Mail for (Faculty/Staff) only
See the following sites for additional details about adding Clarion Exchange / Office365 e-mail to a mobile device:
- Apple iOS (iPhone, iPad)) O365 E-mail Configuration
- Android O365 E-mail Configuration -- Outlook App
- Android O365 E-mail Configuration -- Android E-mail App
Documentation for previous versions:
These setup instructions were from an iPhone with OS 3.0.1. To check your version, connect your iPhone or iPod Touch to iTunes. Within iTunes, make sure your device is selected in the left column. On the summary tab, note the software version and make sure it is 3.0.1 to continue with these instructions. Note: Please be very careful with your typing. A single typo or the wrong tap of a key will cause your iPhone or iPod Touch to not connect connect.
- First, make sure you have an active network connection by browsing with Safari. Please do this to verify you have a good wireless connection.
- Locate your Settings icon (usually on the home screen by default) and tap it
- Tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars
- Tap Add Account...
- Tap Microsoft Exchange (note: The iPhone OS can only support one Microsoft Exchange Account)
- Enter your e-mail address (i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org)
- For domain, type: CLARION
- For username, enter your username (example: FMLastname)
- For password, enter your password
- For 'description:', you can leave the default or create whatever description you like (i.e. Work E-Mail)
- Tap Next. iPhone will attempt to verify Exchange account information If you see the "Unable to verify certificate" notice, click 'Accept'
- Wait for further verification. The setup screen returns with a new item, Server.
Note: If you see verification failed, you may have a typo. Please cancel and try re-entering
Note: Also, keep in mind that you are allowed three login attempts. After three unsuccessful attempts, your account is locked out from access for 15 minutes.
- For Server, enter: email.clarion.edu
- Tap 'Next'
- If you see verification failed, you may have a typo. Please cancel and try re-entering your information.Also, keep in mind that you are allowed three login attempts. After three unsuccessful attempts, your account is locked out from access for 15 minutes.
- If done correctly you should see "Exchange account verified" You will be prompted to select info to synchronize using Exchange. If you just want Mail, leave Mail as ON and turn Contacts OFF and Calendars OFF...it's your choice.
- Click 'Done'
- Press the home button on your iPhone or iPod Touch
- Tap the Mail icon to check your Inbox. Try sending an email to yourself to test mail
Note: Instructions for your device may vary slightly. Please be very careful with your typing. A single typo may cause your device to not connect. The following steps were taken from a Droid X - Android phone.
- Click on 'Settings'
- Click 'Accounts'
- Click 'Add account'
- Select 'Corporate Sync'
- For "Domain\Username:" type: (example: CLARION\fmlastname)
- For "Domain" type: CLARION
- For "Password" type your password
- Make sure "User Secure Connection" is checked
- For "Email address" type: (example: email@example.com)
- For "Server:" type: email.clarion.edu
- Click 'Next'
Note: You should see a message "adding your Corporate Sync account..."
- When prompted with message stating "Error adding account"
"The certificate from the server is not validated..." click the 'Disable Verification' button.
- Click 'Done'
Note: You should see a 'Success!' message
Special Note: By default (Email, Contacts, and Calendar) are checked and set to sync
with your Exchange account.
Note: Instructions for your device may vary slightly. Please be very careful with your typing. A single typo may cause your device to not connect.
- First, make sure you have an active network connection by browsing with a web browser.
- Go to your programs and open 'ActiveSync'
- Click on Menu and Select "Configure Server"
- For 'Server' type: email.clarion.edu (or https://email.clarion.edu)
- Make sure that "This server requires an encrypted (SSL) connecting is check marked"
- Click 'Next'
- Enter your username (i.e. FMLastname) and password.
- For domain type: CLARION.
- Check mark "Save password"
- Click 'Next'
- Select the items that you would like synchronized (Contacts, Calendar, E-Mail, &/or Tasks)
- Click 'Finish'
Note: When you're finished your Windows Mobile device should automatically synchronize.
If not click on "Sync" on the bottom left corner.