To employees and students:
In order to keep our campus communities safe and informed, the Joint COVID Taskforce at California, Clarion and Edinboro universities is providing regular updates regarding COVID-19guidance on our three campuses.
This guidance was established to begin the semester. It will be reviewed Feb. 1 and updated as necessary.
Here is the latest information we want to share with you as we all do our part to keep our communities safe:
COVID-19 SYMPTOM GUIDELINE “DECISION TREES”
An easy-to-follow guide for California, Clarion and Edinboro employees and students is available online to determine their next steps if they are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms.
Frequently asked questions have also been updated and posted on the California, Clarion and Edinboro websites.
As the universities announced Jan. 16:
- Face coverings are required in all facilities, regardless of vaccination status;
- Face coverings are strongly recommended to be worn outdoors by all individuals, regardless of vaccination status, and are required outside when physical distancing is not possible;
- Higher-grade masks (KN95 or KF94) or disposable surgical masks are strongly recommended;
- Face shields, bandanas, neck gaiters, scarves, turtleneck collars, masks with valves and balaclavas/ski masks are not acceptable;
- Cloth and handmade face coverings are discouraged. If they are used, it is strongly recommended they be worn with a surgical mask;
- A mask must fit snugly over the wearer’s nose and mouth and under the chin, and snugly against the sides of the wearer’s face.
Our masking guidelines are outlined in this video.
Our goal is to minimize the risk of community spread in the residence halls. For that reason, if a student living in a campus residence tests positive for COVID, we will encourage them to go home to isolate. We do understand there may be extenuating circumstances that make that difficult. Residence Life and Housing staff will be in communication with each student that is identified as positive to discuss options.
The federal government is providing a limited number of free at-home testing kits. For more information, visit www.covidtests.gov. (Note: The site launched this week, and there have been some early reports of issues fulfilling orders made by those living in multi-unit housing (i.e. residence halls). We will share more information as it becomes available.
Free testing for asymptomatic students is available at each campus:
- California: 7 a.m.-2 p.m. Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays, Convocation Center, Second Floor Concourse.
- Clarion: noon-2 p.m. Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, 107-108 Eagle Commons
- Edinboro: 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays, Dearborn Hall, first floor lobby (use the Darrow Road entrance).
Students with symptoms of COVID-19 should contact their campus health center:
- California: 724-938-4232
- Clarion: 814-393-2121
- Edinboro: 814-732-2743
Employees should contact their health care providers for guidance.
VACCINATIONS and BOOSTERS
Being fully vaccinated and boosted is an important way to protect yourself from severe illness as a result of COVID-19. Visit http://www.vaccines.gov/ to find a location near you.
California will host a Pfizer booster clinic Jan. 28 at the Convocation Center. To schedule an appointment, click here. Edinboro will host a Pfizer booster clinic on Jan. 27 at the Frank G. Pogue Student Center. To schedule an appointment, click here.
Stay safe and healthy!Joint COVID Task Force