Celebrate Earth Day and the arrival of spring with some events on and off of Clarion’s campus.
The Presidential Commission on Sustainability has organized a day of activities for Earth Day, Thursday, April 21. The events, which begin in the afternoon, are free and open to all. The events are as follows:
1-3 p.m.: Earth Day Fair - lawns between Gemmell and STC (rain location: first and second floor lobby of STC). Activities to include:
- Earth Day Sand Art and a Scavenger Hunt with the UAB.
- Learning about stream water quality and clean-up with Jefferson County Conservation District.
- Potting your own plant with the Society for Conservation Biology. Bring your own container to repurpose.
- Plastic to Pellets to Pipes: plastics recycling with ADS.
- DIY Self-Care - lip balms and sugar scrubs with the Psychology Club.
- Get registered to make your voice count with the League of Women Voters.
- Find free professional attire for your next interview at the Wings Up Pop-up Boutique (fourth floor Becht Hall).
- Plastics (No. 1-17) Recycling Drive with ADS - drop items in any marked bin at the fair and receive a free "vintage" Clarion University tote bag while supplies last.
3:30 p.m.: Guided Loop Trail Hike- Join the Clarion County Conservation District and Dr. Susie Boyden for an afternoon of nature and photography along the Clarion Loop Trail. Bring your phone or camera. Not sure where to find the loop trail? Meet at the Bell Tower at 3:20 p.m. to walk down together or meet them at the trail head (below Suites on Main North, Lot 3).
5:30 p.m.: "Amphibians & Reptiles & Conservation, Oh My!” - Meet live amphibians, reptiles and other wiggly friends and learn about the Conservation of such creatures at the Suites on Main Theatre. The event is hosted by the Western Pennsylvania Society for Conservation Biology.
Beginning at noon, Friday, April 22: Trash pick-up starting at Hart Chapel. Sponsored by the Animal Care Club and Tri Beta Honors Club.