Scholarship opportunities are not only available through Clarion University. Our students find scholarships dollars through organizations, non-profits, businesses and philanthropies on the local, state and national levels. Below are some external scholarship opportunities that may lead to more financial help in achieving your academic goals.
PASSHE Foundation Scholarships
The PASSHE Foundation contributes to the success of the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education, and its 14 universities and students with its various scholarship opportunities.
Pennsylvania National Guard members also can get full tuition and additional benefits.
Other scholarships that benefit the military or veterans include:
- Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick's Child of Disable Veteran Scholarship - The law firm of Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD will award a $1,000 scholarship to one deserving applicant whose parent has a service-connected disability.
- eLearners Scholarship - This $1,000 scholarship is available for veterans, active duty, and, uniquely, spouses of veterans. The only other requirements are a brief essay, that the applicant be a legal resident of the United States, and are currently enrolled in a college, university, or trade school or will be starting fall 2018.
- Medals of America Scholarship - Medals of America scholarship program seeks to help active duty and veteran students further their education with a $1,000 scholarship. This scholarship is for undergrad students pursuing a degree in political science, history, or equivalent.
- Jewish War Veterans National Achievement Program Scholarships - 2016 Jewish War Veterans National Achievement Program Scholarships are available for U.S. current service members and veterans who plan to attend or are currently attending an accredited associate's, bachelor's, nursing or graduate-degree program. The Scholarship Deadline is May 30, 2016.
- Study.com Scholarship for Military Veterans - This scholarship will provide a $500 academic award to a military veteran pursuing a bachelor's degree. Students from any branch of the military and all areas of study will be considered and selection will be based on academic history and extracurricular activities.
- U.S. Veteran Scholarship - Las Vega Real Estate is offering a scholarship for the veteran (from any branch) who has at least been enrolled three semesters, may be failing, but has at least passed English 101 and pre-algebra. The award for this scholarship is $1,000, plus a $500 bonus to be paid directly to student at end of semester if they get a passing grade in classes.
External Foundations and Corporations
If you wish to have your scholarship posted on this page, please contact and forward all information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students can use Scholar Snapp to share their information (such as name, address, email address, grades in classes and essay answers) to apply for many different scholarships. The Scholar Snapp solution guides you through the application process and saves a lot of time in researching and applying to scholarships.
Even if you don't qualify for PASSHE or military awards, there are other avenues you can investigate in order to fund your education. The following is a list of non-profits, organizations and philanthropies that award scholarship money:
- Absolute Reviews Scholarship - The Absolute Reviews is awarding a scholarship to hardworking students with a writing prowess. The students will be shortlisted based their demonstrated work.
- Academic Hero Scholarship - Course Hero, an education technology company, is offering a $10,000 merit-based scholarship throughout June. Students are asked to write a 500-word essay and from that, one student will be selected to win the June $10,000 tuition scholarship.
- ACTIVEIG Scholarship - ACTIVEIG is a social media service provider offering up to three students $1,000 scholarships for successfully writing 1,000-word essay on "why social media is important to our life."
- A-1 Auto Transport Scholarship - A-1 Auto Transport is offering a $1,000 scholarship to current, full time or part-time students of an accredited institute. There is no age requirement, but the student must have a GPA of 3.0 and complete an essay.
- Abbott and Fenner - The A&F Scholarships are available to all high school juniors and seniors as well as all students currently registered in any accredited post secondary institution. The deadline is June 12, 2017. The scholarship is for $1,000.
- ACLS Scholarship for Healthcare Providers - Pacific Medical Training is offering a $1,000 scholarship to students pursuing a career in the medical field. Deadline for application is August 20, 2017.
- Activia Training Scholarship - An annual scholarship of $1,500 which will be paid via two $750 awards is available to students submitting winning entries. Submissions received on or before October 31, 2016 will be entered into the November award. Submissions received on or before April 30, 2017 will be entered into the May award. Successful applicants will be contacted during the month of the award.
- Addiction Resource Scholarship - AddictionResource.com, is working to raise awareness of substance abuse problems. There are no costs for submitting an application for this scholarship. The next application period starts on April 21. We are working on getting as much visibility as possible so all students who need scholarships may apply.
- Advance $1,000 scholarship opportunity by my tools gallery - This $1,000 scholarship is open to all the undergraduate and post graduate students of any field. The scholarship will be awarded to the student who successfully writes 1,000-1,500 words on a given topic.
- Advanced Research Systems Video Scholarship Competition - Students are invited to create a one-to-two-minute video on what you should never do in a job interview. Entrants must be enrolled in and attending undergraduate or graduate college classes, full time.
- AgoraPulse Social Media Management Scholarship - This $1,000 scholarship is a highly competitive award for high school and college students interested in Social Media Management. Deadline for application submission is December 15, 2016.
- Allied Van Lines Scholarship - Three $1,000 scholarships will be awarded to students whose area of study focuses on logistics and moving-related fields. Students should submit a brief essay of between 400 and 800 words, detailing why a career in logistics/supply chain management is your college major of choice.
- Alumni Association Scholarship - The Alumni Association, through the Clarion University Foundation, Inc., has available Scholarship and Leadership Awards for undergraduate students. Special consideration will be given to children and grandchildren of Clarion University alumni, as well as members of the Eagle Ambassador student alumni group. Scholarships are awarded up to $1,000 in the form of a tuition credit, with half the amount applied in the fall and the other half in the spring.
- American Cochlear Implant Alliance Conference Scholarship - The American Cochlear Implant Alliance sponsors an annual Clinical Research conference that provides opportunities for physicians, clinicians, scientists, and educators to share information. Conferences highlight research, clinical issues, educational topics for children, technology, quality of life, health care policy, cost effectiveness and insurance issues. Student scholarships are offered annually by the American Cochlear Implant Alliance for these meetings. The next conference, CI2018 Emerging Issues in Cochlear Implantation, will be held March 7-10, 2018, in Washington, DC. Contact Susan Thomas, email@example.com, to request an application.
- Andrew Lynch Civil Justice Scholarship - Andrew R. Lynch, P.C. Attorney at Law is offering a $500 scholarship to the student who successfully writes on the topic: How do you plan to be involved in changing society's attitudes towards inequalities in our civil justice system? How do you plan to empower and educate people about their right to access the U.S. civil justice system?
- AnalyzedMedia Digital Marketing Scholarship - AnalyzedMedia is offering three scholarships upon successful completion of an essay contest and other criteria.
- Annual Tactical Being Scholarship - TacticalBeing.com is an outdoor-focused online publishing platform reaching more than 100,000 outdoor lovers per month. This scholarship requires an essay submission with the winning applicant receiving $1,000.
- Apartment Advisor Annual Housing Scholarship - To help with housing costs, one student will be awarded a $1,000 scholarship to put toward their housing. From rent to stocking your fridge, to toiletries or a new flat screen, the scholarship money can be used to cover any of the expenses associated with on or off campus housing. Application deadline is August 31, 2017.
- Ark Law Group - The Ark Law Group Fresh Start Scholarship Program is open to all college students in the United States. Ark Law Group will award one scholarship of $1,000 per year. The deadline for application is January 31, 2017.
- ASDSO Scholarship - Scholarship in the amount of between $5,000 and $10,000 are available to students enrolled full-time at the senior level (during the 2016/2017 school year) in an accredited civil engineering program, or in a related field as determined by ASDSO, and must demonstrate an interest in pursuing a career in hydraulics, hydrology or geotechnical disciplines, or in another discipline related to the design, construction and operation of dams. Deadline to apply is March 31, 2017.
- AvaCare Medical Scholarship - The AvaCare Medical Scholarship recognizes students who are pursuing a degree in the medical field, with a prize of $1,000 toward college tuition. Submissions for entry can either be an essay, image or video clip.
- BabiSeat Digital Marketing Scholarship - The scholarship is open to students enrolled in high-schools, colleges and universities, who have a passion for digital marketing. Essay winners will receive $1,000 which can be used for course materials and other resources.
- Balance For Success Scholarship - This $500 scholarship is for current freshmen in college. It requires an essay. The deadline for applications is June 30, 2017.
- Best for Your Home Scholarship - Best for Your Home is offering a $1,000 scholarship to the student who writes a successful 500-1000-word essay on one of the following topics: 1.) Organization and principles of housekeeping or 2.) Household of the future.
- BodyShape 101 Scholarship - BodyShape is offering a $1,000 scholarship to the student who successfully writes a 1,500-2,000-word essay about how people with hectic schedules can adopt a healthy and active lifestyle.
- Biology Dictionary Scholarship - Biology Dictionary wants to award a scholarship of $1,000 to a student of any major who successfully
- writes on one of three biology-based topics.
- Bridge Builders- Bridge Builders is a community foundation encompassing Clarion, Venango, Forest and parts of Jefferson Counties. It has many scholarships. Deadline for applications is April 1, 2016.
- CanYouActually.com Scholarship - CanYouActually.com will award a $1,000 scholarship to the student
who successfully writes an essay for its writing contest.
- Caregiver Connection Scholarship - This $1,000 scholarship is open to any student in any major, although this scholarship is ideal for students enrolled in any health care major including but not limited to: nursing, physical therapy, dental hygiene, health care administration, health sciences, pre-med, speech language pathology, etc. Applicants must write an 800-word essay about how your major affects senior care and how you can improve senior living through your area of study.
- Center for Scholarship Administration - The Center for Scholarship Administration administers 36 different scholarships with various deadlines.
- Central Infusion Alliance Scholarship - Central Infusion Alliance is awarding a $1,000 scholarship to the successful applicant who writes the best essay of how a healthcare worker has made a difference in your life or the life of someone close to you.
- Central Scholarship & Loan Referral Service - The Central Scholarship and Loan Referral Service (CSLRS) of the Jewish Federation of Greater Pittsburgh coordinates the efforts of a group of organizations, agencies and scholarship endowment funds that provide scholarships to local Jewish students enrolled in an accredited institution of higher education.
- CGTrader Scholarship - CGTrader's goal is to challenge students to dig into the field of technology by writing different essays on how innovative technologies are transforming our lives. This year's topic is "using games for social good and playful learning." The best submission will be awarded $2,000 while the two runners-up will receive $500 each.
- Chameleon John College Scholarships - This website offers college scholarships to their users.
- Charlie Batch Foundation - Several scholarships will be awarded to students who have permanent residence status in Western, Pennsylvania. Deadline for application is 5 p.m. on April 15, 2016.
- Check Corner Scholarship - This $1,500 scholarship is available to all students. Students must write an essay describing a life-changing experience, which will be graded by our panel of experts.
- Clarion APSCUF Fall 2017 Scholarship - Every fall semester, the local APSCUF chapter awards six (6) $500 scholarships to currently enrolled CU students.
- Clean Meme Scholarship Contest - Cleaning and Restoration would like students to design a meme that showcases the psychological benefits of having your space cleaned. The first place is a $1,000 scholarship. Second place is $500 and third place is $250.
- Clearfield County Conservation District Scholarship - Students from Clearfield County in an environmental field relating to conservation, forestry or agriculture are invited to apply for this scholarship. Deadline for application is February 28, 2017.
- Clinical Guard Scholarship - Clinical Guard is offering a $1,000 scholarship to the student who in 500-1,000-words writes about one three proposed topics and meets other requirements.
- CNA Scholarship Program - By creating this scholarship we aim to fill a need that is in high demand as well as educate America's growing work force.
- Coca-Cola Scholars Program - 150 Coca-Cola Scholars are selected each year. Students must be a current high school (or home-schooled) senior attending schools in the United States (of DOD Schools); be U.S.citizens, U.S. nationals; U.S. permanent residents; refugees; asylees; Cuban-Haitian entrants or humanitarian parolees anticipating high school completion at the time of application; planning to pursue a degree at an accredited U.S. post-secondary institution and carry a minimum 3.0 GPA at the end of their junior year in high school.
- Cohen & Cohen Civil Justice Scholarship - Cohen & Cohen, P.C. is proud to offer this $500 scholarship to students pursuing college or an advanced degree of any type.
- Colonial Ghosts Scholarship - This sponsorship offers an annual $1,000 education scholarship for students majoring in Marketing. Deadline for applications is December 15, 2016.
- Community Foundation For The Alleghenies - This organization helps students from Bedford, Cambria, Franklin, Fulton, Indiana, Somerset and Westmoreland Counties find scholarships.
- Community Foundation of Warren County - This foundation awards scholarships from a number of funds for talented students from Warren County, Pennsylvania pursuing post-secondary education.
- Community Foundation of Western Pennsylvania and Eastern Ohio - This foundation has a listing of scholarships available to students attending Mercer County, PA high schools who want to pursue post-secondary education.
- Cool Dehumidifier Scholarship - Cooldehumidifer.com is offering a $1,500 scholarship to the student who successfully writes an essay on the topic: "Practices which improve daily life for people who suffer from asthma."
- Corban Gunn, Attorney at Law Scholarship - Corban Gunn, Attorney at Law, a personal injury lawyer located in Biloxi, Mississippi, is offering a twice-yearly $1,000 scholarship to students who are currently attending or plan to attend their first year of college or graduate school in the upcoming fall or spring semester.
- Couponing in College Scholarship Essay Contest - Dealspotr's $2,000 bi-annual scholarship will be awarded to the student who submits an article/essay that summarizes your best strategies for using coupons to save money in college.
- Coupons Plus Deals Scholarship - Coupons Plus Deals is offering one $3,000 scholarship to the successful student who writes an essay about how to save money in their daily life.
- Cozzy.org Customer Support Scholarship - Cozzy.org is offering a $2,500 scholarship to any undergraduate or postgraduate college student who successfully writes on the topic "The future of the commerce. How the internet will change the consumption in 10 years?"
- cuLearn with Thrivent Scholarships - Students can win a $1,000 college scholarship to put toward tuition. Students do not need to be a member or borrower to enter. One entry per student. No essays required!
- Cut the Wood Scholarship - This $1,500 scholarship is geared toward students who are either currently pursuing or planning to pursue programs such as design, architecture, environmental studies or engineering. The topic of the short essay is "the art of woodworking." This would consist of a brief origin of woodworking, how it progressed over time and how it became an art form in contemporary society.
Dell Scholars Program - The Dell Scholars Program is offering scholarships for students who show grit, potential and ambition. Apply before January 15, 2016.
- Delta Kappa Gamma Society International Scholarship - A $500 scholarship is available to female students in a curriculum for the preparation of teachers, and who are planning to pursue a career in some field of education. Application deadline is March 31, 2016.
- Developintelligence.com - A new $1,000 annual scholarship is being offered for any student majoring in a computer science field. Awardees will be announced every summer. Applications are due before August 1st of each year (to be credited toward the following fall semester tuition).
- DeviceLab Scholarship - This $1,000 scholarship will be awarded to an undergraduate or graduate student to help support their efforts toward earning a degree in biomedical engineering. Successful candidates will be notified by email by Sept. 1. Selected students will have the opportunity to reapply for the scholarship in subsequent years.
- Discover Student Loans Scholarship Awards - Now through February 28, 2017, eligible undergraduate students can enter to win one of the $2,500 scholarships from Discover Student Loans.
- DocuTAP Scholarship - DocuTAP is offering five annual scholarships to college students. These scholarships require a 500-800 word essay submission, and the winning applicants will receive $1,000.00 dollars toward their costs of education. Deadline for submission is December 31, 2016.
- Don't Text and Drive Scholarship - Two $1,000 scholarships will be awarded during the academic year. Any student, 24 years old or younger, that is currently admitted or enrolled in a four-year college/university or graduate school or will be applying to one in the next calendar year is eligible. Submission deadlines (2 per year) are September 15, 2016 and March 15, 2017.
- Dr. David Ghozland, M.D. Scholarship - Dr. David Ghozland, M.D. is offering a $1,000 scholarship to students in the sciences or medical field.
- Drones Inspector Scholarship - Students interested in drones and in writing about this particular topic should apply to the Drones Inspector Annual Scholarship Program to receive a $1,000 award.
- Dunkin' Donuts Scholarship Program - $1,000 scholarship awards are open to qualified high school seniors in the Greater Philadelphia region. Applications will be accepted through April 15, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. EST.
- EasyEDA Electronic Engineering Communication Scholarship - EasyEDA is offering a $2,500 scholarship for students who love creating and are interested in electronic engineering.
- Elder Abuse and Neglect Infographic Scholarship - The Peck Law Group is offering a $500 scholarship to the student who creates the best infographic on elder abuse and neglect.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit Scholarship - The attorneys at Wiseman Bray PLLC are offering a $500 scholarship for a student with a minimum 3.5 GPA, who is enrolled or admitted to a 2 or 4 year collegiate, or graduate/professional program. An essay of 500 words or more that addresses prompts about business and entrepreneurial ideas is also required.
- Erie Community Foundation Scholarship - The Erie Community Foundation is home to 90 donor named scholarships, and each has its own eligibility and criteria requirements. Many scholarships target students graduating from specific high schools, some for specific areas of study and others for financial need. Each scholarship is unique according to its donor's wishes, and each offers the opportunity to earn a scholarship for your education.
- Expert Institute's Annual Healthcare and Life Sciences Scholarship - This $1,000 scholarship will be awarded to the individual who successfully writes
a 1,000-2,000 word essay on how you believe your specialized knowledge and training
could be applied to improving the practice of law. The deadline is Dec. 31.
- ExpressVPN Scholarship - This $5,000 scholarship will be awarded to an undergraduate or graduate student to help support their efforts toward earning a graduate or undergraduate degree. The application deadline is Aug. 31. Successful candidates will be notified by email by Oct. 13.
- EZstorit Get Ahead Scholarship - To be eligible for this $500 scholarship, applicants must be enrolled at the time of application as a full-time undergraduate
or graduate student at an accredited college of university and demonstrate successful
completion of the previous year's study by maintaining at least a 2.75 accumulated grade point average. This scholarship is
mailed directly to the scholarship recipient.
- FEATHR Wallpaper Scholarship - FEATHR is offering a $1,000 scholarship to the applicant who successfully answers the question: "How and why has a piece of art influenced your personal, educational and/or creative development."
- Feldco Windows, Siding and Doors Scholarship - Feldco Windows, Siding and Doors is awarding a $1,000 scholarship to a current or prospective college student who submits a winning essay on the topic, "How has your family contributed to who you are today?"
- 1st Art Gallery Scholarship - 1st Art Gallery is offering a $1,000 scholarship per academic year to arts and liberal arts students.
- Fitness Writing Scholarship - Three $1,000 scholarships will be awarded to students who are currently enrolled full-time in universities, colleges (or alumni). Deadline for application is October 25, 2016.
- Fitwirr Scholarship - The Fitwirr scholarship is an essay-based scholarship, and all applicants are required to write a 500 to 1,000 essay on how to eat healthy in college. The winning recipient will receive $1,000.
- Fix Your Walk annual Scholarship - The $1,000 scholarship that Fix Your Walk offers every other year goes to a student who is passionate about an active life through running or walking regularly and enjoys helping others who like walking or running. To apply for our scholarship, students must write a piece that answers supplied questions.
- Frank D. and Clara R. Williams Scholarship - This scholarship is for residents of Venango County. Apply by June 10, 2016
- Frank L. Greathouse Government Accounting Scholarship - The Frank L. Greathouse Government Scholarship is available for award to two graduate or undergraduate students enrolled in full-time study preparing for a career in state and local government finance. The scholarship is $8,000 and the deadline for application is February 10, 2017.
- Future Innovators Scholarship Program - Equal access to education is one of the main pillars of StudySoup's values. To further propagate access to education for all, StudySoup recently announced a $2,000 scholarship for outstanding students enrolling in or continuing to pursue education opportunities. Deadline for applications is October 1, 2016.
- Future of Assisted Living Scholarship - This $2,000 annual scholarship award is given to three students enrolled in an associate's degree, bachelor's degree or graduate level program at an accredited two-year college or four-year university.
- 4BlackYouth - This website lists a number of scholarship opportunities for minority students.
- Garage Door Nation - The Garage Door Nation scholarship rewards students who have shown a "DIY" attitude by helping out their communities and being involved in school programs to better their environment. Students planning to become a full-time student at an accredited university are invited to apply for a $1,500 scholarship. Deadline to apply is November 15, 2016.
- GE Foundation - The GE Foundation awards scholarships annually through 10 programs.
- Giant Mommy Internet Marketing Scholarship - This scholarship is designed to help students who have a passion for internet marketing. One student will receive $1,000 scholarship.
- Gillespie, Shields, Durrant & Goldfarb Scholarhip - The family law firm Gillespie, Shields, Durrant & Goldfarb is offering a $1,000 scholarship for students interested in becoming family law advocates and/or in pre-law programs. Applicants must submit a 400-to-600-word essay answering what motivates them to become a family advocate and how they envision doing so.
- GOGO Charters National Scholarship - GOGO Charters is offering a $10,000 per year scholarship for refugees and immigrants. Scholarships can be used at any accredited public, private, technical college or university in the United States.
- Go Green Scholarship - The purpose of this $1,000 scholarship is to raise awareness among the students, the next generation, about effects of climate change and the importance of environmental protection.
- Grey Smoke Media Scholarship - An annual scholarship of $3,000 will be awarded to a student enrolled in a post-secondary institution that is pursuing a career in business marketing, communications, liberal arts or social sciences. Preference will be given to those students who have not started their first semester or are in their first or second year. Deadline for applications is December 31, 2016.
- Handlry Internet Marketing Scholarship - In this $1,500 scholarship contest, students must write a minimum 1,500 words on "10 things I will do to change my life in next five years."
- HandyGenerators.com Scholarship - Handy Generators is offering a $2,000 scholarship to the student who writes a successful 1,500–2,000-word essay describing their view on the benefits of solar power.
- Healthcare Administrator Organization Scholarship - HealthcareAdministrator.org is offering a $3,000 scholarship to students enrolled in a college or a university. Deadline to apply is December 20, 2016.
- Healthcare Leaders Scholarship - The $1,000 Healthcare Leaders Scholarship is offered to students entering or currently pursuing an educational program related to nursing or medicine.
- Health & Spine Medical Center Scholarship - Healthandspine.com is offering a $500 scholarship. Students are required to submit a 500-750 word essay titled "What measures can one take to make preventative care work for their lifestyle?"
- Heat Talk Scholarship - Heat Talk will select two individuals based on their writing ability to receive $1,250 each. Applicants should write a 500-700-word essay on the future of energy in the home and the worldwide implications.
- Helen E. Remler Memorial Educational Scholarship - The Meadville Business and Professional Women's Organization is awarding a $500 scholarship. Applications are due by April 1.
- HelpTeaching.com - This website is a platform focused on providing high-quality resources for teachers, tutors, homeschool parents, and others who work in the field of education, and offers a new scholarship for students in high school and college.
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund / General College Scholarship - The HSF General College Scholarships are designed to assist students of Hispanic heritage obtain a college degree. Scholarships are available on a competitive basis to graduating high school seniors, community college transfer students, undergraduate students, and graduate students. Deadline for application is March 31, 2016.
- Homedust Scholarship - Homedust is offering an annual scholarship to all students. This scholarship is merit based, requires an essay submission, and the winning applicant will receive $1,000 toward their education costs.
- Hooked to Books Scholarship - This program offers a $1,000 scholarship to all current and future college students who are 15 years old or older. Deadline for applications is December 20, 2016.
- HostGator Small Business Scholarship - This program offers a $1,500 scholarship. Deadline to apply is November 30, 2016.
- HubShout Internet Marketing Scholarship - This scholarship is designed to help students who are on the path to any type of technical, business or marketing career that will involve online marketing. Graduate students, and students who have completed at least one year of post-secondary education and have at least a 3.0 GPA are encouraged to apply. are also welcome to apply. Deadline for application is November 1, 2016.
- Humanity Rising - Find your service passion and participate in a Humanity Rising Service Challenge to become eligible for our service scholarships.
- Igardenplanting Scholarship - This$1,000 scholarship is designed to help people share their love of gardening while competing for a cash prize.
- JobApplicationsOnline.com Scholarship - JobApplicationsOnline.com, out of Canton, Ohio, is providing a bi-yearly scholarship of $1,000 toward college tuition costs for working students. To apply, students must simply write an essay on a chosen topic. The application deadline is Aug. 5.
- Junk Car Medics Scholarship - Junk Car Medics is offering a $1,000 annual scholarship to all prospective and current students. This scholarship is merit-based and requires an essay submission.
- Just Rent to Own Scholarship - Just Rent to Own Scholarship is offering a $1,000 scholarship to the student who successfully writes a 500-to-1,000-words on how to find an affordable accommodation.
- IBISWorld Scholarship - IBISWorld is offering finance/business/economics students a chance to receive a $1,500 grant toward their tuition fees. The student must currently be pursuing an undergraduate or postgraduate degree in finance/business/economics at any accredited university.
- iBuySmurf Scholarship - iBuySmurf is offering a $1,000 scholarship to the student who writes the best essay on the future of eSports. Students should write a minimum of 700 words explaining the future of competitive gaming and why it matters in your life.
- Innovation Scholarship Essay Contest - The Innovation Essay Contest seeks to raise awareness of technology's impact on driving and help students with their education. The third annual essay contest will feature $5,000 in prizes to help young people further their educations.
- Inspirational College Scholarship - A $1,000 scholarship is available to students currently enrolled in college. Deadline for application is March 15, 2017.
- Internet Effects Scholarship - Online Biz Coach is offering a $1,500 scholarship to the student who successfully writes a 1,000-word essay on the impact of the internet on our lives.
- Investment Zen $1K Scholarship - This scholarship is for $1,000 and is open to any full-time student enrolled at an accredited university. Deadline for application is April 1, 2017.
- John Foy & Associates Strong Arm Leukemia Scholarship - A $1,000 scholarship will be awarded to one college student who has battled leukemia or whose life has been affected by it, and is enrolled in an accredited college or university as an undergraduate student, graduate student, or an incoming freshman at an accredited institution in the United States. Deadlines for Application: December 15, 2016 and June 15, 2017.
- Juego Studio's $1,000 Student Excellence Scholarship - This scholarship is only for students who are presently enrolled in colleges, universities or high schools. Students of any stream/branch of study can apply for this scholarship. We especially look forward to applications from a gaming enthusiast. Applicants must be older than 18 years of age. The deadline is June 30 for the fall scholarship and before Nov. 30 2017 for the spring scholarship.
- Karman Healthcare - Scholarships for students with a mobility disability who excel academically and those who have a regard for disability awareness in America. Deadline is September 1, 2016.
- Laura M. Smedley Scholarship Program - Scholarships for residents of Venango County.
- Law Offices of Sean M. Cleary Scholarship - This $1,000 scholarship is intended to support one student who will help raise awareness on the deadly effects of teen DUI. Inspired by a personal story, tell us why you shouldn't drink and drive in 100-300 words.
- League of Legends Epic Shop Summer Scholarship - League of Legends is offering a scholarship program with prizes up to $1,000 for the first place, $600 for the second place, and $400 for the third place. In 750 words, LoL enthusiasts and students with a creative mind should develop a unique setting, character and backstory based off of LoL. This task allows participants to use creativity and demonstrate knowledge of the game.
- Leap Clixx Scholarship - Leap Clixx's annual Marketing Scholarship is for students currently enrolled in college or headed there in 2018 who would like to receive $2,500 to go towards their tuition costs. Applicants must submit an essay addressing the marketing-related prompt.
- LiveCoach Scholarship - LiveCoach is offering a $2,000 scholarship to the applicant who writes a 1,000-word essay about the time you've reached an important goal. Alternatively, you can write about a goal you are trying to reach now or some time in the future.
- Loans Made Easy Scholarship - DirectFHA will award one scholarship of $1,000 to the student who successfully writes 1,000 words or more on how to find a perfect home loan.
- Luigi Wewege Foundation Scholarship - To apply for this $1,500 scholarship, applicants must write a short essay (under 500 words) answering the question “How will retail banking change in the next 25 years?” Other eligibility requirements include being a high school student graduating this calendar year who has been accepted into an accredited college, university, trade school, or design school or students currently enrolled in an accredited college, university, trade school, or design school. The deadline is Dec. 1.
- Market.biz Scholarship - Market.biz is offering a $1,000 scholarship and a $500 scholarship to the runner-up who writes a successful essay from a list of available topics.
- MarketResearch.com Scholarship - MarketResearch.com is awarding a $1,000 scholarship to one outstanding student who displays an interest in the field of market research. Applicants will be required to participate in an essay contest as well as submit other materials.
- Mattress Picks Scholarship - Mattress Picks is offering a $1,000 scholarship to Clarion University students majoring in marketing, business, IT, communications, health sciences and other relevant subjects.
- MelbourneRehabs Scholarship - MelbourneRehabs is awarding $1,000 scholarships to undergraduate and graduate students who share their vision and ideas for an addiction-free society.
- Mid Penn Bank Anna Woodside Scholarship - Applicants must reside in Central Pennsylvania. This scholarship is for $1,000 and applicants must apply by March 16, 2016.
- MindSumo.com Scholarship - Each month MindSumo offers at least $25,000 in total scholarship funds. Individual challenges have a $1,600 scholarship prize pool and top ideas can earn up to $200 each. Sign up and then select a challenge.
- Mobile App Development Scholarship Program - Space-O Technologies is offering a $500 scholarship to any student who develops an APP (Android or iOS) that serves to resolve or alleviate a social problem in your life or community.
- MorningChores Scholarship - Having a strong passion for gardening, farming, raising livestock, green living, homesteading, agriculture, and permaculture is a major factor in the awarding of this $1,000 scholarship. No actual experience is necessary, but you must apply by Feb. 1, 2017.
- My Credible Future Scholarship - Any student actively enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate university program can submit a photo and story about "why your education is important to you" for a chance to earn the #MyCredibleFuture $10,000 scholarship.
- My Fillet Knife Content Writing Scholarship - This $1,000 scholarship will be awarded to any high school, undergraduate or post-graduate student studying the field of health, business, marketing, IT, communications, or any other field. Through the process of applying, myfilletknife.com hopes students will increase their knowledge of healthy eating habits and start to create their own myfilletknife.com covers expert reviews, tips, and guides about food as well as kitchen accessories.
- My Travel Luggage Scholarship - The My Travel Luggage Scholarship is for all the students who are passionate about traveling. Under this scholarship, applicants need to write 1,000-1,500 words from the potential topics, and the best one will be the awarded with $500.
- Nation 21 Scholarship - Nation 21 announces five $500 scholarships to five winners who either with write an 800-word essay, design an info-graphic or a develop a two-minute video on one of the following topic: "Why financial literacy is important for students about student loans and current economy" or "Machine learning in finance – machine learning versus quants (this topic only applies to engineering students).
- National Founder’s Scholarship – This $500 scholarship is to fund graduate study. Apply by May 31, 2016.
- Nicholas A. Pennipede Memorial Scholarship - Eye Associates is offering a $1,000 scholarship to the student who successfully writes a 500-800 word essay about how you have and/or plan to use your undergraduate education to serve a community. Other requirements also factor into this scholarship.
- Nurse.org Healthcare Leaders Scholarship - Applicants must be 17 or over with a 3.0+ GPA, and enrolled or accepted to a nursing
or healthcare-related program. Both graduate and undergraduate students are eligible
to apply for this $1,000 award. Deadline for application is January 29, 2017.
- Nurse Plus Academy Scholarship - This $1,000 scholarship is established by the Nurse Plus Academy for the benefit of junior and senior students who are pursuing a baccalaureate or associate's degree with a major in nursing.
- Nursing Foundation of Pennsylvania - This foundation provides scholarships for students pursuing nursing degrees in Pennsylvania.
- Outdoor Living Scholarship - This $1,000 scholarship is open to high school students in their final two years of study. Applications will be accepted until April 30, 2017.
- OutdoorNinjas Outdoor Enthusiast Scholarship - OutdoorNinjas is offering a $1,000 scholarship to the students who successfully writes a 500-to-,1000-word essay about an outdoor activity of your choice that emphasizes the power of outdoor life and should be valuable enough to help other people.
- Over the Top SEO Scholarship - Over the Top SEO is awarding $1,000 to the student who shows a special talent as a marketing writer. This scholarship is merit based and requires an essay submission.
- PACAC - This website lists one $1,500 scholarship and three $1,000 scholarships available to high school seniors. Apply by February 29, 2016.
- PayScale Scholarship - This $2,000 scholarship is for women pursuing a degree to become an engineer, mathematician, software developer, researcher or in other STEM professions. Deadline for application is February 29, 2016.
- Pet Adoption Scholarship - This $2,000 scholarship will go to the successful applicant who writes an essay on pet adoption and their experience growing up with pets. Students must be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program.
- Pet Vacuum Lab Scholarship - Pet Vacuum Lab is happy to announce its annual scholarship campaign, where a student will win $1,000 upon writing a successful essay on the topic of "What do you see as the greatest threat to the environment today?" All applicants from high school to undergraduate status may apply.
- Pittsburgh Metropolitan Area Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Foundation Scholarship - Scholarships ranging from $1,000 to $2,000 are available for students who are Hispanic/Latino or of Hispanic/Latino descent, and who reside in one of the following counties: Allegheny, Armstrong, Beaver, Butler, Fayette, Westmoreland or Washington County. Application deadline is April 30, 2016.
- Planet of Baseball Scholarship - In hope of inspiring people to share their love with baseball, Planet of Baseball will award a $500 scholarship to the person who successfully writes a 500-1,000-word essay on "Why aren't you playing baseball yet?"
- PNC Loan Center Achiever Scholarships - The PNC Education Loan Center supports students by giving them a chance to win $2,000 to spend on their education expenses. A total of $24,000 is awarded annually to eligible undergraduate students who have entered the sweepstakes through their Financial Literacy account at PNC.
- Poise Foundation - Headquartered in Pittsburgh, the Poise Foundation provides scholarships to students from Pittsburgh.
- Pokethrift Writing Scholarship - Pokethrift is awarding a $1,000 scholarship to the student with the best essay 1,500-word essay explaining how video games can help students develop cognitive skills.
- Power Drill Guru - This is an annual scholarship contest in which applicants write an essay on the following topic: "With an ever increasing digital landscape, how should marketing strategies adapt to ensure they're always ahead of the curve and driving value?" The scholarship is suitable but not limited to, business or marketing majors. Deadline for the contest is Oct. 30.
- PrizeRebel Scholarship - This short essay scholarship focuses on the challenges and accomplishments you face as a student. The student with the best short essays submission will receive a $1,500 scholarship.
- Quicken Loans Scholarship - Quicken Loans is offering a scholarship essay contest to all college, university and vocational school students. This scholarship is merit based, requires an essay submission, and the winning applicant will receive $2,500 dollars to put toward tuition costs.
- Raise.me Scholarship - Students are rewarded for their high school successes (i.e. good grades, perfect attendance, visiting colleges, and achieving a certain score on the SAT or ACT exams).
- Ray Snader Scholarship - The law office of Howard A. Snader is offering a $2,000 scholarship to college-bound students who live in single parent homes as a result of one parent being held in custody, or, because of one parent’s former incarceration, the family is unable to assist in providing financial support for their college education.
- Ready to Succeed Scholarship Program - The Ready to Succeed Scholarship (RTSS) Program is administered by PHEAA in close cooperation with the Pennsylvania Department of Education. The program, which is funded by the Pennsylvania General Assembly, provides awards to high-achieving students whose annual family income does not exceed $110,000.
- Rehabmart.com Scholarship - Rehabmart is owned and operated by Occupational and Physical Therapists who are offering scholarships to students with disabilities, health science students, or anyone majoring in special needs education.
- Rentec Direct Tech Mastery Scholarship - Up to four $500 scholarships will be awarded to students to encourage and support the goals and dreams of future technology influencers. It is open to all undergraduate students pursuing a career in Computer Science, software development or other closely related fields of study. The submission deadline for the 2016 Fall Semester award is October 21, 2016.
- ReputationStacker Scholarship - ReputationStacker will offer a scholarship of $1,000 to any college or university upon successful completion of a 500-to-1,500-word essay on how online reviews swayed your decision regarding what college/university you ultimately chose to attend.
- ReviewLatest.com Scholarship - ReviewLatest.com is offering a $2,500 scholarship to assist students who share the same strong passion for products, along with the same vision and values as this company.
- Reyna Injury Lawyers bi-annual Scholarship - The Reyna Injury Lawyers are offering a $1,000 scholarship to the student with the successful essay on the topic: What would make a difference in encouraging drivers to stop texting while driving?
- Robert Hamparyan Injury Scholarship - Robert Hamparyan of Hamparyan Injury Lawyers is offering a bi-annual scholarship of $1,000 to the successful author of 500-plus-word essay on "What can we do to prevent individuals from driving while intoxicated?"
- Robert T. Zaleski Memorial Scholarship - The Pennsylvania Society of Tax & Accounting Professionals will be awarding one $2,000 scholarship and two $1,000 scholarships to accounting majors. Deadline to apply is June 1, 2016.
- Ronald Reagan Foundation - Honoring the legacy and character of our nation’s 40th President, the GE-Reagan Foundation Scholarship Program rewards college-bound students who demonstrate exemplary leadership, drive, integrity, and citizenship with financial assistance to pursue higher education. The 2017 Program will open mid-October 2016. Each year, the Program selects numerous recipients to receive a $10,000 scholarship renewable for up to an additional three years – up to $40,000 total per recipient. Awards are for undergraduate and graduate study, and may be used for education-related expenses, including tuition, fees, books, supplies, room, and board.
- RN to BSN/MSN Challenge Scholarship - RegisteredNursing.org offers an annual $1,000 scholarship to help nurses continue their education.
- Sawinery DIY Scholarship - Sawinery is looking for creative Do-It-Yourself students. If you are a creative student, and can tell Sawinery about any DIY experience you had in any topic (not only woodworking), you could earn a $1,500 scholarship. It could be any project, but it must be creative and something that anyone can do.
- Scholarship for Children of Police Officers - Larry R. Williams, PLLC will award one scholarship for $2,000 that can be used for tuition, books, or any school related expenses. Deadline to apply is May 1, 2017.
- Semiahmoo Apiaries Scholarship - Semiahmoo Apiaries specializes in producing honey from local flowers and plants. The student who writes a successful essay on the health benefits of honey will be awarded a $1,500 scholarship.
- SeniorAdvice Caregiver and Volunteer Scholarships - Two $1,000 scholarships will be awarded to Clarion students who have volunteered for a senior non-profit or who have acted as caregiver to an adult relative. The deadline for application is July 15, 2016.
- SeniorCare.com Scholarship - SeniorCare.com is accepting applications for the second annual SeniorCare.com $1500 Aging Matters Scholarship. All incoming freshman or existing undergraduate or graduate students in good academic standing are eligible to apply. The application deadline is May 15.
- Shawn Carter Foundation - The Shawn Carter Scholarship Fund (SCSF) was founded on the belief that any motivated individual in need should have the opportunity to further his or her education. The SCSF provides individual grants, paid directly to the educational institution, to every student who qualifies and reapplies yearly, from admission to graduation.
- Sleepedia Scholarship - One $1,000 scholarship is awarded to one student during the next school semester. Deadline to apply is January 1, 2017.
- Slickdeals Saves U! Scholarship - Slickdeals Saves U! is offering four scholarships with a value of up to $2,500 per student who successfully writes on the topic: A college education is worth the cost (either agree or disagree with the statement).
- Smart Furniture for Smart Home Creative Writing annual Scholarship - Cuddly Home Advisors is offering a $1,000 scholarship to student who successfully submit a short essay (a minimum of 500 words) describing a smart home feature you wish to have.
- Smart Monkey Fitness Scholarship - Two $500 scholarships are available to students currently enrolled or planning to enroll in an accredited college or university in Fall (of the current year) or Spring (of the following year). Deadline for application is November 30, 2016.
- Speedy Paper Scholarship - Be the one out of six lucky scholarship winners by contributing your opinion on one of several potential topics. Several scholarships will be awarded with varying amounts.
- STEM Scholarship - RevPart is offering at $1,000 scholarship to the next generation of science, technology, engineering, and math students who demonstrate excellent promise in their area of study.
- Straight North STEM Scholarship - Straight North will award a student $1,000 to be used toward his or her degree and $250 book scholarships to the two runners-up.
- Strata Decision Technology Scholarship - This $1,000 scholarship is for the student who writes a successful essay stating how financial planning, decision support, and continuous cost improvements can help healthcare systems improve the quality of the care that they provide.
- Sweans Technologies Scholarship - All students pursuing a full-time MBA/BBA/postgraduate study is eligible to apply for this scholarship in which students may win one of many scholarship awards or free entry for certification classes or digital courses.
- Taco Bell Foundation - Taco Bell awards $1 million dollars in scholarships annually.
- Tankless Water Heater Scholarship - Tankless Water Heater World is offering a $500 scholarship to the applicant who successfully writes 1,000-1,500 words on one of three approved topics dealing with tankless water heaters.
- Teacher.org - A $2,500 scholarship is available for students studying early childhood education. Deadline to apply is Jan. 15, 2018.
- TeachYouToSew.com Self Developing Scholarship - The Self Developing scholarship is aimed at students passionate about DIY hobbies such as sewing, woodworking, etc. This $1,500 scholarship will be awarded to the student who successfully writes about their hobby. Applicants should explain why it is their passion, how it affects them, and how it develops them. If the student doesn't have such a hobby, they should write about a skill they're passionate to learn and the reasons behind that.
- The Expert Institute's Annual Healthcare and Life Sciences Scholarship - This $1,000 scholarship will be awarded in Spring 2017 to a student in the health care or life sciences field. Applicants must submit an essay of 1000 – 2000 words. Deadline is December 31, 2016.
- The Future of Freelance Scholarship - A $1,000 scholarship is available to high school, college and university students. Deadline for application is December 31, 2016.
- The Jackie Robinson Foundation - The Jackie Robinson Foundation provides a multi-faceted experience designed to not only address the financial needs of minority students who aspire to attend college but also to guide them through the process of higher education. Application deadline is February 15, 2016.
- The Last Dollar Scholarship - This award is a need based award provided by the Philadelphia Education Fund. It is a need-based “gap filling” award. It is awarded when a family’s expected family contribution (EFC) and financial package are less than the cost of attendance.
- The Philadelphia Foundation - This foundation provides more than 50 scholarships annually.
- The Sherpa Award - This bi-annual $1,000 scholarship is intended to recognize students who have overcome tremendous obstacles in their lives. Students must be attending (or planning to attend) an undergraduate or graduate-level program.
- Today's Entry Doors Scholarship - Today's Entry Doors is offering a $1,000 scholarship to the student who successfully writes a 1,500–2,000-word essay answering the following question: How technology will change how we enter and exit our homes. Other criteria also applies to this scholarship.
- Top Best Reviews Consumerism & Internet Scholarship - Top Best Reviews is offering a $1,000 financial scholarship to the student who writes a successful 1,000-word original essay on how the internet has impacted consumerism.
- Toptal - Toptal supports aspiring female computer scientists, developers, and software engineers to achieve their goals via financial support and mentorship by top professional technologists. There will be one scholarship winner per month until November 2016.
- Trusted Picks Business/Marketing Scholarship - This scholarship is for students studying marketing, business, IT and communications. Any student who is not studying in these areas, yet considers themselves to be an entrepreneur or creative writer may also apply. The $1,000 scholarship will go to the person who writes a successful essay on "How do product review websites help consumers to make better buying decisions?"
- Turn It On Electric Scholarship - Turn It On Electric will award two students a grant of $1,000 each to the students who can best describe the importance of the dangers of misusing electricity and how to promote safe electrical usage in 500 hundred words or less.
- Udit Goenka Internet Marketing Scholarship - Udit Goenka is offering a scholarship worth $1,000 to students with a passion for entrepreneurship, business and success. The winner of the scholarship will be selected on the basis of their creativity in writing an essay.
- Uni Baggage International Scholarship - Uni Baggage wants to make one international student's life easier by offering a $1,000 scholarship. The scholarship will be made up of $500 cash and $500 in shipping credit to ship the student's belongings to and from college.
- VarsityTutors College Essay Contest - A $1,000 monthly scholarship is awarded to a student following submission of an essay successfully addressing the academic-related question of the month. Deadline for submission for each month, along with the question, is listed on the website.
- Veterans Benefits Scholarship - Three $2,000 scholarships available to students enrolled in an associate's degree, bachelor's degree or graduate level program at an accredited 2-year college or 4-year university. Deadline is December 31, 2016.
- VelvetJobs Scholarship - VelvetJobs is awarding a $1,000 scholarship to one student at the end of each year as part of our "Employee Morale Scholarship." The aim is to get students to think about themselves in a future managerial position and how their decisions can affect employee morale.
- VitaminDDeficiencySymptomsGuide.com Scholarship - Applicants must be currently attending or planning to attend a college or university during the 2017 academic year and write an essay by Oct. 31 with a winner being chosen Nov. 15.
- Vol & Tier Excellence in Entrepreneurship Scholarship - Toronto-based digital marketing company, Vol & Tier, provides one $4,000 annual scholarship to an undergraduate student enrolled in an academic institution (college or university) with both a high level of business acumen and a strong entrepreneurial mindset. Applicants cannot be in their final year of study and must be enrolled full-time. Deadline for applications is November 21, 2016.
- Walnut Solutions - Walnut Solutions will pay a $350 scholarship to an outstanding college student pursuing education computer science. Students must have a GPA of at least 3.5.
- Well-BeingSecrets.com - A $5,000 scholarship is available for ambitious and motivated undergraduate and graduate students in any major enrolled in an accredited US university or college. The deadline for submission is December 1, 2016.
- What Photography Gear annual Marketing Scholarship - The $1,000 What Photography Gear annual Marketing Scholarship is open to students who are currently enrolled in high school, university, college, or trade school from any country in the world, aimed to help assist with the rising educational expenses, and also help them on the road to their business career.
- Wicked Reviews Public Health Scholarship - Applicants must be a part-time or full-time student (first year or current), majoring
in public health, health sciences, dietetics, nutrition, nutrition education, psychology,
or physical education at a college or university based in the United States, Canada,
or the United Kingdom. To earn the $1,000 scholarship, participants must submit a
minimum two-page essay on the following topic:
"What are the biggest challenges facing public health in the coming years?"
- Women in Tech Scholarship - The Sleep Cupid (mattress company) Women in Tech Scholarship offers an annual scholarship aimed at helping to grow the number of women working in technology.
The scholarship is available to three female students studying any degree or course,
who wishes to work in any technology field and has a minimum 3.00 GPA (or equivalent).
Each recipient will receive a $1,500 scholarship.
- Women in Technology Scholarship- Study Soup is offering a $2,000 scholarship to women seeking a career in computer science and/or computer programming, a field in which they are highly underrepresented. The scholarship will be awarded to a female student who demonstrates a passion for computer science and is actively seeking opportunities for a meaningful career in the industry.
- WyzAnt College Scholarship - This scholarship awards 1st Place - $10,000, 2nd Place - $3,000, and 3rd Place - $2,000. Any student attending a college or university for their associate, undergraduate, graduate, masters, or Ph.D. program between August 1, 2016 and November 1, 2018 is eligible. Deadline to apply is May 1, 2016.
- Yourpetland.com annual Scholarship Award - Yourpetland.com is a pet-focused online publishing platform reaching more than 80,000 pet lovers per month. Yourpetland is offering a $1,000 scholarship to the person who writes a winning essay on the consequences of the exotic pets black market.
- Your Softball Scholarship - This scholarship is geared toward helping young softball players and those who are passionate about the game complete their education. The award value for the annual external scholarship is $1,000.
- Zombie Weapon Scholarship - You're trapped in the head masters office and zombies are all around, they can smell the scent of your blood! They are breaking down the baricades you have put up and they will only last an hour. Your quick witted brain takes a look around at all the office furniture for a make shift zombie killing weapon. Your mission is to design a zombie killing weapon. The winner will have the best weapon / concept as voted for by the public. The rewards include UK first prize is £500 and a Dell Laptop, while the U.S. first prize is $1,000 and a Zombie Annihilation Crate. The deadline is World Zombie Day Oct. 12, 2018. Send your concept to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Z-Wave Zone Home Automation Scholarship - The Z-Wave Zone Home Automation Scholarship is available to students interested in computers, technology, and home automation.
- ZipRecruiter Scholarship - ZipRecruiter is offering a $3,000 scholarship to the college or university student with the most creative entry about their home or college town.
SCHOLARSHIPS FOR STUDENTS WITH LEARNING AND ATTENTION ISSUES
Many private scholarships are available for students who have learning and attention issues. Understood.org is a good place to look for information about financial aid and specific scholarships.
Here are a few of the scholarships available to kids with learning and attention issues:
- Anne Ford and Allegra Ford Thomas Scholarships - These scholarships, offered by a founding partner of the National Center for Learning Disabilities, range from $2,500 to $10,000. They’re for high school seniors with learning disabilities who are pursuing higher education or career training.
- BMO Capital Markets Lime Connect Equity Through Education Scholarship - Applicants for this $10,000 scholarship must be living with a disability, attending a four-year university or a graduate program, pursuing a degree in business/commerce, engineering, math, physics, statistics or a related discipline, and interested in a career in financial services.
- Disability Care Center Scholarships - This organization offers two $500 scholarships to qualifying college students. Students with a documented learning or attention issue are eligible for the Disabled Student Scholarship. Students majoring in special education are eligible for the Special Education Scholarship.
- Fred J. Epstein Youth Achievement Award - This $1,000 award from Smart Kids with Disabilities recognizes the strengths and accomplishments of young people with learning disabilities and ADHD. It will be given to a student age 19 or younger who has demonstrated initiative, talent and determination resulting in a notable accomplishment in any field—including art, music, science, math, athletics or community service.
- Google Lime Scholarship - Applicants for this $10,000 scholarship must be living with a disability and pursuing a degree in computer science, computer engineering or a closely related technical field.
- Injury Lawyer News Scholarship - To apply for this $1,000 pre-law and law school scholarship, students must have a documented disability, which can either be a physical disability or a learning disability.
- Joseph James Morelli Scholarship - This $1,000–$2,000 scholarship supports high school and college students with learning challenges who wish to pursue careers in science, technology, engineering and math.
- Karina Eide Memorial College Scholarships - The Dyslexic Advantage offers these $2,500 scholarships to students with dyslexia who are currently enrolled in college, university or vocational school. A total of 16 awards will be given.
- Microsoft DisAbility Scholarship - A $5,000 scholarship for high school seniors planning to attend a two-year or four-year university or college program. Applicants must be living with a disability, have financial need and plan to major in engineering, computer science, or a legal or business-related major.
- P. Buckley Moss Endowed Scholarship - An annual college tuition grant of up to $1,000 to one or more high school seniors with language-related learning issues. Applicants must be planning to pursue a career in visual arts.
- Rise Scholarship Foundation - Five $2,500 scholarships will be awarded to current high school seniors planning to attend college in the next year. Applicants must have a documented learning disability.
- Through the Looking Glass Scholarship - Available to students who have parents with disabilities and who may have a disability themselves. A total of 15 awards of $1,000 will be given to high school and college students.
- Transtutors Scholarship - Three $1,000 winners will be selected upon writing a successful essay on the topic of stress and mental health on campus and how colleges and universities can better handle it.
- Turn It On Electric Scholarship - The $1,000 scholarship will be awarded to the student who can best describe the importance of the dangers of misusing electricity and how to promote safe electrical usage in 500 hundred words or less.
Scholarship search engines
- American Psychological Association Scholarships, Grants and Awards
- College Board
- College Net
- College Scholarships
- Go College
- Guide to Paying for Nursing School
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund
- Scholarship America
- Scholarship Monkey
- School Soup
- The Pittsburgh Foundation
- United Negro College Fund (UNCF) Scholarship Opportunities
- USA Scholarships
Other Grants and Awards
You can also look for additional scholarships through PHEAA.
- merit-based award via essay submission
- applicants need to answer the question: “How and why has a piece of art influenced your personal, educational and/or creative development.”