Scholarship opportunities are not only available through Clarion University. Our students find scholarships dollars through organizations, non-profits, businesses and philanthropies on the local, state and national levels. Below are some external scholarship opportunities that may lead to more financial help in achieving your academic goals.
PASSHE Foundation Scholarships
The PASSHE Foundation contributes to the success of the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education, and its 14 universities and students with its various scholarship opportunities.
Pennsylvania National Guard members also can get full tuition and additional benefits.
Other scholarships that benefit the military or veterans include:
- eLearners Scholarship - This $1,000 scholarship is available for veterans, active duty, and, uniquely, spouses of veterans. The only other requirements are a brief essay, that the applicant be a legal resident of the United States, and are currently enrolled in a college, university, or trade school or will be starting fall 2018.
External Foundations and Corporations
If you wish to have your scholarship posted on this page, please contact and forward all information to email@example.com.
Students can use Scholar Snapp to share their information (such as name, address, email address, grades in classes and essay answers) to apply for many different scholarships. The Scholar Snapp solution guides you through the application process and saves a lot of time in researching and applying to scholarships.
Even if you don't qualify for PASSHE or military awards, there are other avenues you can investigate in order to fund your education. The following is a list of non-profits, organizations and philanthropies that award scholarship money:
- Abbott and Fenner - The A&F Scholarships are available to all high school juniors and seniors as well as all students currently registered in any accredited post secondary institution. The deadline is June 12, 2017. The scholarship is for $1,000.
- ACLS Scholarship for Healthcare Providers - Pacific Medical Training is offering a $1,000 scholarship to students pursuing a career in the medical field. Deadline for application is August 20, 2017.
- Activia Training Scholarship - An annual scholarship of $1,500 which will be paid via two $750 awards is available to students submitting winning entries. Submissions received on or before October 31, 2016 will be entered into the November award. Submissions received on or before April 30, 2017 will be entered into the May award. Successful applicants will be contacted during the month of the award.
- Addiction Resource Scholarship - AddictionResource.com, is working to raise awareness of substance abuse problems. There are no costs for submitting an application for this scholarship. The next application period starts on April 21. We are working on getting as much visibility as possible so all students who need scholarships may apply.
- Advanced Research Systems Video Scholarship Competition - Students are invited to create a one-to-two-minute video on what you should never do in a job interview. Entrants must be enrolled in and attending undergraduate or graduate college classes, full time.
- AgoraPulse Social Media Management Scholarship - This $1,000 scholarship is a highly competitive award for high school and college students interested in Social Media Management. Deadline for application submission is December 15, 2016.
- Apartment Advisor Annual Housing Scholarship - To help with housing costs, one student will be awarded a $1,000 scholarship to put toward their housing. From rent to stocking your fridge, to toiletries or a new flat screen, the scholarship money can be used to cover any of the expenses associated with on or off campus housing. Application deadline is August 31, 2017.
- Aperture Education Essay - Aperture Education is offering a $1000 college scholarship to an individual who can provide an essay on the provided topic.
- Ark Law Group - The Ark Law Group Fresh Start Scholarship Program is open to all college students in the United States. Ark Law Group will award one scholarship of $1,000 per year. The deadline for application is January 31, 2017.
- ASDSO Scholarship - Scholarship in the amount of between $5,000 and $10,000 are available to students enrolled full-time at the senior level (during the 2016/2017 school year) in an accredited civil engineering program, or in a related field as determined by ASDSO, and must demonstrate an interest in pursuing a career in hydraulics, hydrology or geotechnical disciplines, or in another discipline related to the design, construction and operation of dams. Deadline to apply is March 31, 2017.
- Balance For Success Scholarship - This $500 scholarship is for current freshmen in college. It requires an essay. The deadline for applications is June 30, 2017.
- Bernie Smith Memorial Scholarship - $1,000 scholarship offered to one graduating senior from Armstrong, Clarion or Indiana County. The deadline is March 28, 2016.
- Bridge Builders - Bridge Builders is a community foundation encompassing Clarion, Venango, Forest and parts of Jefferson Counties. It has many scholarships. Deadline for applications is April 1, 2016.
- Bridge Educational Foundation - Bridge Educational Foundation is an independent non-profit organization that provides scholarship opportunities to Pennsylvania's low-income families.
- Center for Scholarship Administration - The Center for Scholarship Administration administers 36 different scholarships with various deadlines.
- Central Scholarship & Loan Referral Service - The Central Scholarship and Loan Referral Service (CSLRS) of the Jewish Federation of Greater Pittsburgh coordinates the efforts of a group of organizations, agencies and scholarship endowment funds that provide scholarships to local Jewish students enrolled in an accredited institution of higher education.
- CGTrader Scholarship - Enter the CGTrader Scholarship 2016 challenge to win $1,000 for your education bills. Deadline for application is March 1, 2017.
- Chameleon John College Scholarships - This website offers college scholarships to their users.
- Charlie Batch Foundation - Several scholarships will be awarded to students who have permanent residence status in Western, Pennsylvania. Deadline for application is 5 p.m. on April 15, 2016.
- Check Corner Scholarship - This $1,500 scholarship is available to all students. Students must write an essay describing a life-changing experience, which will be graded by our panel of experts.
- Clarion APSCUF Fall 2017 Scholarship - Every fall semester, the local APSCUF chapter awards six (6) $500 scholarships to currently enrolled CU students.
- Clearfield County Conservation District Scholarship - Students from Clearfield County in an environmental field relating to conservation, forestry or agriculture are invited to apply for this scholarship. Deadline for application is February 28, 2017.
- CNA Scholarship Program - By creating this scholarship we aim to fill a need that is in high demand as well
as educate America's growing work force.
Coca-Cola Scholars Program - 150 Coca-Cola Scholars are selected each year. Students must be a current high school (or home-schooled) senior attending schools in the United States (of DOD Schools); be U.S.citizens, U.S. nationals; U.S. permanent residents; refugees; asylees; Cuban-Haitian entrants or humanitarian parolees anticipating high school completion at the time of application; planning to pursue a degree at an accredited U.S. post-secondary institution and carry a minimum 3.0 GPA at the end of their junior year in high school.
- Cohen & Cohen Civil Justice Scholarship - Cohen & Cohen, P.C. is proud to offer this $500 scholarship to students pursuing college or an advanced degree of any type.
- Colonial Ghosts Scholarship - This sponsorship offers an annual $1,000 education scholarship for students majoring in Marketing. Deadline for applications is December 15, 2016.
- Community Foundation For The Alleghenies - This organization helps students from Bedford, Cambria, Franklin, Fulton, Indiana, Somerset and Westmoreland Counties find scholarships.
- Community Foundation of Warren County - This foundation awards scholarships from a number of funds for talented students from Warren County, Pennsylvania pursuing post-secondary education.
- Community Foundation of Western Pennsylvania and Eastern Ohio - This foundation has a listing of scholarships available to students attending Mercer County, PA high schools who want to pursue post-secondary education.
- Corban Gunn, Attorney at Law Scholarship - Corban Gunn, Attorney at Law, a personal injury lawyer located in Biloxi, Mississippi, is offering a twice-yearly $1,000 scholarship to students who are currently attending or plan to attend their first year of college or graduate school in the upcoming fall or spring semester.
- cuLearn with Thrivent Scholarships - Students can win a $1,000 college scholarship to put toward tuition for the 2016-2017 academic year. Students do not need to be a member or borrower to enter. One entry per student. No essays required! Entries are due by August 10, 2016.
Dell Scholars Program - The Dell Scholars Program is offering scholarships for students who show grit, potential and ambition. Apply before January 15, 2016.
- Delta Kappa Gamma Society International Scholarship - A $500 scholarship is available to female students in a curriculum for the preparation of teachers, and who are planning to pursue a career in some field of education. Application deadline is March 31, 2016.
- Developintelligence.com - A new $1,000 annual scholarship is being offered for any student majoring in a computer science field. Awardees will be announced every summer. Applications are due before August 1st of each year (to be credited toward the following fall semester tuition).
- DeviceLab Scholarship - This $1,000 scholarship will be awarded to an undergraduate or graduate student to help support their efforts toward earning a degree in biomedical engineering. Successful candidates will be notified by email by Sept. 1. Selected students will have the opportunity to reapply for the scholarship in subsequent years.
- Discover Student Loans Scholarship Awards - Now through February 28, 2017, eligible undergraduate students can enter to win one of the $2,500 scholarships from Discover Student Loans.
- DocuTAP Scholarship - DocuTAP is offering five annual scholarships to college students. These scholarships require a 500-800 word essay submission, and the winning applicants will receive $1,000.00 dollars toward their costs of education. Deadline for submission is December 31, 2016.
- Don't Text and Drive Scholarship - Two $1,000 scholarships will be awarded during the academic year. Any student, 24 years old or younger, that is currently admitted or enrolled in a four-year college/university or graduate school or will be applying to one in the next calendar year is eligible. Submission deadlines (2 per year) are September 15, 2016 and March 15, 2017.
- Dunkin' Donuts Scholarship Program - $1,000 scholarship awards are open to qualified high school seniors in the Greater Philadelphia region. Applications will be accepted through April 15, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. EST.
- EasyEDA Electronic Engineering Communication Scholarship - EasyEDA is offering a $2,500 scholarship for students who love creating and are interested in electronic engineering.
- Erie Community Foundation Scholarship - The Erie Community Foundation is home to 90 donor named scholarships, and each has its own eligibility and criteria requirements. Many scholarships target students graduating from specific high schools, some for specific areas of study and others for financial need. Each scholarship is unique according to its donor's wishes, and each offers the opportunity to earn a scholarship for your education.
- Expert Institute's Annual Healthcare and Life Sciences Scholarship - This $1,000 scholarship will be awarded to the individual who successfully writes
a 1,000-2,000 word essay on how you believe your specialized knowledge and training
could be applied to improving the practice of law. The deadline is Dec. 31.
- ExpressVPN Scholarship - This $5,000 scholarship will be awarded to an undergraduate or graduate student to help support their efforts toward earning a graduate or undergraduate degree. The application deadline is Aug. 31. Successful candidates will be notified by email by Oct. 13.
- EZstorit Get Ahead Scholarship - To be eligible for this $500 scholarship, applicants must be enrolled at the time of application as a full-time undergraduate
or graduate student at an accredited college of university and demonstrate successful
completion of the previous year's study by maintaining at least a 2.75 accumulated grade point average. This scholarship is
mailed directly to the scholarship recipient.
- 1st Art Gallery Scholarship - 1st Art Gallery is offering a $1,000 scholarship per academic year to arts and liberal arts students.
- Fitness Writing Scholarship - Three $1,000 scholarships will be awarded to students who are currently enrolled full-time in universities, colleges (or alumni). Deadline for application is October 25, 2016.
- Frank D. and Clara R. Williams Scholarship - This scholarship is for residents of Venango County. Apply by June 10, 2016
- Frank L. Greathouse Government Accounting Scholarship - The Frank L. Greathouse Government Scholarship is available for award to two graduate or undergraduate students enrolled in full-time study preparing for a career in state and local government finance. The scholarship is $8,000 and the deadline for application is February 10, 2017.
- Future Innovators Scholarship Program - Equal access to education is one of the main pillars of StudySoup's values. To further propagate access to education for all, StudySoup recently announced a $2,000 scholarship for outstanding students enrolling in or continuing to pursue education opportunities. Deadline for applications is October 1, 2016.
- 4BlackYouth - This website lists a number of scholarship opportunities for minority students.
- Garage Door Nation - The Garage Door Nation scholarship rewards students who have shown a "DIY" attitude by helping out their communities and being involved in school programs to better their environment. Students planning to become a full-time student at an accredited university are invited to apply for a $1,500 scholarship. Deadline to apply is November 15, 2016.
- GE Foundation - The GE Foundation awards scholarships annually through 10 programs.
- Grey Smoke Media Scholarship - An annual scholarship of $3,000 will be awarded to a student enrolled in a post-secondary institution that is pursuing a career in business marketing, communications, liberal arts or social sciences. Preference will be given to those students who have not started their first semester or are in their first or second year. Deadline for applications is December 31, 2016.
- Healthcare Administrator Organization Scholarship - HealthcareAdministrator.org is offering a $3,000 scholarship to students enrolled in a college or a university. Deadline to apply is December 20, 2016.
- Helen E. Remler Memorial Educational Scholarship - The Meadville Business and Professional Women's Organization is awarding a $500 scholarship. Applications are due by April 1.
- HelpTeaching.com - This website is a platform focused on providing high-quality resources for teachers, tutors, homeschool parents, and others who work in the field of education, and offers a new scholarship for students in high school and college.
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund / General College Scholarship - The HSF General College Scholarships are designed to assist students of Hispanic heritage obtain a college degree. Scholarships are available on a competitive basis to graduating high school seniors, community college transfer students, undergraduate students, and graduate students. Deadline for application is March 31, 2016.
- Homedust Scholarship - Homedust is offering an annual scholarship to all students. This scholarship is merit based, requires an essay submission, and the winning applicant will receive $1,000 toward their education costs.
- Hooked to Books Scholarship - This program offers a $1,000 scholarship to all current and future college students who are 15 years old or older. Deadline for applications is December 20, 2016.
- HostGator Small Business Scholarship - This program offers a $1,500 scholarship. Deadline to apply is November 30, 2016.
- HubShout Internet Marketing Scholarship - This scholarship is designed to help students who are on the path to any type of technical, business or marketing career that will involve online marketing. Graduate students, and students who have completed at least one year of post-secondary education and have at least a 3.0 GPA are encouraged to apply. are also welcome to apply. Deadline for application is November 1, 2016.
- Humanity Rising - Find your service passion and participate in a Humanity Rising Service Challenge to become eligible for our service scholarships.
- JobApplicationsOnline.com Scholarship - JobApplicationsOnline.com, out of Canton, Ohio, is providing a bi-yearly scholarship of $1,000 toward college tuition costs for working students. To apply, students must simply write an essay on a chosen topic. The application deadline is Aug. 5.
- IBISWorld Scholarship - IBISWorld is offering finance/business/economics students a chance to receive a $1,500 grant toward their tuition fees. The student must currently be pursuing an undergraduate or postgraduate degree in finance/business/economics at any accredited university.
- Inspirational College Scholarship - A $1,000 scholarship is available to students currently enrolled in college. Deadline for application is March 15, 2017.
- Investment Zen $1K Scholarship - This scholarship is for $1000 and is open to any full-time student enrolled at an accredited university. Deadline for application is April 1, 2017.
- Jewish War Veterans National Achievement Program Scholarships - 2016 Jewish War Veterans National Achievement Program Scholarships are available for U.S. current service members and veterans who plan to attend or are currently attending an accredited associate's, bachelor's, nursing or graduate-degree program. The Scholarship Deadline is May 30, 2016.
- John Foy & Associates Strong Arm Leukemia Scholarship - A $1,000 scholarship will be awarded to one college student who has battled leukemia or whose life has been affected by it, and is enrolled in an accredited college or university as an undergraduate student, graduate student, or an incoming freshman at an accredited institution in the United States. Deadlines for Application: December 15, 2016 and June 15, 2017.
- Juego Studio's $1,000 Student Excellence Scholarship - This scholarship is only for students who are presently enrolled in colleges, universities or high schools. Students of any stream/branch of study can apply for this scholarship. We especially look forward to applications from a gaming enthusiast. Applicants must be older than 18 years of age. The deadline is June 30 for the fall scholarship and before Nov. 30 2017 for the spring scholarship.
- Karman Healthcare - Scholarships for students with a mobility disability who excel academically and those who have a regard for disability awareness in America. Deadline is September 1, 2016.
- Laura M. Smedley Scholarship Program - Scholarships for residents of Venango County. Apply by June 10, 2016.
- Luigi Wewege Foundation Scholarship - To apply for this $1,500 scholarship, applicants must write a short essay (under 500 words) answering the question “How will retail banking change in the next 25 years?” Other eligibility requirements include being a high school student graduating this calendar year who has been accepted into an accredited college, university, trade school, or design school or students currently enrolled in an accredited college, university, trade school, or design school. The deadline is Dec. 1.
- Mid Penn Bank Anna Woodside Scholarship - Applicants must reside in Central Pennsylvania. This scholarship is for $1,000 and applicants must apply by March 16, 2016.
- Mobile App Development Scholarship Program - Space-O Technologies is offering a $500 scholarship to any student who develops an APP (Android or iOS) that serves to resolve or alleviate a social problem in your life or community.
- MorningChores Scholarship - Having a strong passion for gardening, farming, raising livestock, green living, homesteading, agriculture, and permaculture is a major factor in the awarding of this $1,000 scholarship. No actual experience is necessary, but you must apply by February 1, 2017.
- National Founder’s Scholarship – This $500 scholarship is to fund graduate study. Apply by May 31, 2016.
- Nurse.org Healthcare Leaders Scholarship - Applicants must be 17 or over with a 3.0+ GPA, and enrolled or accepted to a nursing
or healthcare-related program. Both graduate and undergraduate students are eligible
to apply for this $1,000 award. Deadline for application is January 29, 2017.
- Nursing Foundation of Pennsylvania - This foundation provides scholarships for students pursuing nursing degrees in Pennsylvania.
- Outdoor Living Scholarship - This $1,000 scholarship is open to high school students in their final two years of study. Applications will be accepted until April 30, 2017.
- PACAC - This website lists one $1,500 scholarship and three $1,000 scholarships available to high school seniors. Apply by February 29, 2016.
- PayScale Scholarship - This $2,000 scholarship is for women pursuing a degree to become an engineer, mathematician, software developer, researcher or in other STEM professions. Deadline for application is February 29, 2016.
- Pittsburgh Area Aviation Chamber of Commerce - Two scholarships are endowed, one for students in aviation or STEM studies and one for children of those currently serving in the military. Deadline is December 15, 2015.
- Pittsburgh Metropolitan Area Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Foundation Scholarship - Scholarships ranging from $1,000 to $2,000 are available for students who are Hispanic/Latino or of Hispanic/Latino descent, and who reside in one of the following counties: Allegheny, Armstrong, Beaver, Butler, Fayette, Westmoreland or Washington County. Application deadline is April 30, 2016.
- PNC Loan Center Achiever Scholarships - The PNC Education Loan Center supports students by giving them a chance to win $2,000 to spend on their education expenses. A total of $24,000 is awarded annually to eligible undergraduate students who have entered the sweepstakes through their Financial Literacy account at PNC.
- Poise Foundation - Headquartered in Pittsburgh, the Poise Foundation provides scholarships to students from Pittsburgh.
- Power Drill Guru - This is an annual scholarship contest in which applicants write an essay on the following topic: "With an ever increasing digital landscape, how should marketing strategies adapt to ensure they're always ahead of the curve and driving value?" The scholarship is suitable but not limited to, business or marketing majors. Deadline for the contest is Oct. 30.
- PrizeRebel Scholarship - This short essay scholarship focuses on the challenges and accomplishments you face as a student. The student with the best short essays submission will receive a $1,500 scholarship.
- Quicken Loans Scholarship - Quicken Loans is offering a scholarship essay contest to all college, university and vocational school students. This scholarship is merit based, requires an essay submission, and the winning applicant will receive $2,500 dollars to put toward tuition costs.
- Raise.me Scholarship - Students are rewarded for their high school successes (i.e. good grades, perfect attendance, visiting colleges, and achieving a certain score on the SAT or ACT exams).
- Ray Snader Scholarship - The law office of Howard A. Snader is offering a $2,000 scholarship to college-bound students who live in single parent homes as a result of one parent being held in custody, or, because of one parent’s former incarceration, the family is unable to assist in providing financial support for their college education.
- Ready to Succeed Scholarship Program - The Ready to Succeed Scholarship (RTSS) Program is administered by PHEAA in close cooperation with the Pennsylvania Department of Education. The program, which is funded by the Pennsylvania General Assembly, provides awards to high-achieving students whose annual family income does not exceed $110,000.
- Rentec Direct Tech Mastery Scholarship - Up to four $500 scholarships will be awarded to students to encourage and support the goals and dreams of future technology influencers. It is open to all undergraduate students pursuing a career in Computer Science, software development or other closely related fields of study. The submission deadline for the 2016 Fall Semester award is October 21, 2016.
- Robert T. Zaleski Memorial Scholarship - The Pennsylvania Society of Tax & Accounting Professionals will be awarding one $2,000 scholarship and two $1,000 scholarships to accounting majors. Deadline to apply is June 1, 2016.
- Ronald Reagan Foundation - Honoring the legacy and character of our nation’s 40th President, the GE-Reagan Foundation Scholarship Program rewards college-bound students who demonstrate exemplary leadership, drive, integrity, and citizenship with financial assistance to pursue higher education. The 2017 Program will open mid-October 2016. Each year, the Program selects numerous recipients to receive a $10,000 scholarship renewable for up to an additional three years – up to $40,000 total per recipient. Awards are for undergraduate and graduate study, and may be used for education-related expenses, including tuition, fees, books, supplies, room, and board.
- RN to BSN/MSN Challenge Scholarship - RegisteredNursing.org offers an annual $1,000 scholarship to help nurses continue their education.
- Scholarship for Children of Police Officers - Larry R. Williams, PLLC will award one scholarship for $2,000 that can be used for tuition, books, or any school related expenses. Deadline to apply is May 1, 2017.
- SeniorAdvice Caregiver and Volunteer Scholarships - Two $1,000 scholarships will be awarded to Clarion students who have volunteered for a senior non-profit or who have acted as caregiver to an adult relative. The deadline for application is July 15, 2016.
- SeniorCare.com Scholarship - SeniorCare.com is accepting applications for the second annual SeniorCare.com $1500 Aging Matters Scholarship. All incoming freshman or existing undergraduate or graduate students in good academic standing are eligible to apply. The application deadline is May 15.
- Shawn Carter Foundation - The Shawn Carter Scholarship Fund (SCSF) was founded on the belief that any motivated individual in need should have the opportunity to further his or her education. The SCSF provides individual grants, paid directly to the educational institution, to every student who qualifies and reapplies yearly, from admission to graduation.
- Sleepedia Scholarship - One $1,000 scholarship is awarded to one student during the next school semester. Deadline to apply is January 1, 2017.
- Slickdeals Saves U! Scholarship - Two scholarships with a value of up to $5,000 are being awarded for the winter/spring 2017 semester. Submission deadline is October 31, 2016.
- Smart Monkey Fitness Scholarship - Two $500 scholarships are available to students currently enrolled or planning to enroll in an accredited college or university in Fall (of the current year) or Spring (of the following year). Deadline for application is November 30, 2016.
- Taco Bell Foundation - Taco Bell awards $1 million dollars in scholarships annually.
- Teacher.org - A $2,500 scholarship is available for students studying early childhood education. Deadline to apply is April 1, 2016.
- Teacher.org - A $2,500 scholarship is offered for students pursuing a Master's degree in education. Deadline to apply is April 1, 2016.
- The Expert Institute's Annual Healthcare and Life Sciences Scholarship - This $1,000 scholarship will be awarded in Spring 2017 to a student in the health care or life sciences field. Applicants must submit an essay of 1000 – 2000 words. Deadline is December 31, 2016.
- The Future of Freelance Scholarship - A $1,000 scholarship is available to high school, college and university students. Deadline for application is December 31, 2016.
- The Jackie Robinson Foundation - The Jackie Robinson Foundation provides a multi-faceted experience designed to not only address the financial needs of minority students who aspire to attend college but also to guide them through the process of higher education. Application deadline is February 15, 2016.
- The Last Dollar Scholarship - This award is a need based award provided by the Philadelphia Education Fund. It is a need-based “gap filling” award. It is awarded when a family’s expected family contribution (EFC) and financial package are less than the cost of attendance.
- The Philadelphia Foundation - This foundation provides more than 50 scholarships annually.
- The Sherpa Award - This bi-annual $1,000 scholarship is intended to recognize students who have overcome tremendous obstacles in their lives. Students must be attending (or planning to attend) an undergraduate or graduate-level program. Application deadline is June 1, 2016.
- Toptal - Toptal supports aspiring female computer scientists, developers, and software engineers to achieve their goals via financial support and mentorship by top professional technologists. There will be one scholarship winner per month until November 2016.
- Varsity Tutors College Essay Contest - A $1,000 monthly scholarship is awarded to a student following submission of an essay successfully addressing the academic-related question of the month. Deadline for submission for each month, along with the question, is listed on the website.
- Veterans Benefits Scholarship - Three $2,000 scholarships available to students enrolled in an associate's degree, bachelor's degree or graduate level program at an accredited 2-year college or 4-year university. Deadline is December 31, 2016.
- VitaminDDeficiencySymptomsGuide.com Scholarship - Applicants must be currently attending or planning to attend a college or university during the 2017 academic year and write an essay by Oct. 31 with a winner being chosen Nov. 15.
- Vol & Tier Excellence in Entrepreneurship Scholarship - Toronto-based digital marketing company, Vol & Tier, provides one $4,000 annual scholarship to an undergraduate student enrolled in an academic institution (college or university) with both a high level of business acumen and a strong entrepreneurial mindset. Applicants cannot be in their final year of study and must be enrolled full-time. Deadline for applications is November 21, 2016.
- Walnut Solutions - Walnut Solutions will pay a $350 scholarship to an outstanding college student pursuing education computer science. Students must have a GPA of at least 3.5.
- Well-BeingSecrets.com - A $5,000 scholarship is available for ambitious and motivated undergraduate and graduate students in any major enrolled in an accredited US university or college. The deadline for submission is December 1, 2016.
- Women in Tech Scholarship - The Sleep Cupid (mattress company) Women in Tech Scholarship offers an annual scholarship aimed at helping to grow the number of women working in technology.
The scholarship is available to three female students studying any degree or course,
who wishes to work in any technology field and has a minimum 3.00 GPA (or equivalent).
Each recipient will receive a $1,500 scholarship.
- WyzAnt College Scholarship - This scholarship awards 1st Place - $10,000, 2nd Place - $3,000, and 3rd Place - $2,000. Any student attending a college or university for their associate, undergraduate, graduate, masters, or Ph.D. program between August 1, 2016 and November 1, 2018 is eligible. Deadline to apply is May 1, 2016.
SCHOLARSHIPS FOR STUDENTS WITH LEARNING AND ATTENTION ISSUES
Many private scholarships are available for students who have learning and attention issues. Understood.org is a good place to look for information about financial aid and specific scholarships.
Here are a few of the scholarships available to kids with learning and attention issues:
- Anne Ford and Allegra Ford Thomas Scholarships - These scholarships, offered by a founding partner of the National Center for Learning Disabilities, range from $2,500 to $10,000. They’re for high school seniors with learning disabilities who are pursuing higher education or career training.
- BMO Capital Markets Lime Connect Equity Through Education Scholarship - Applicants for this $10,000 scholarship must be living with a disability, attending a four-year university or a graduate program, pursuing a degree in business/commerce, engineering, math, physics, statistics or a related discipline, and interested in a career in financial services.
- Disability Care Center Scholarships - This organization offers two $500 scholarships to qualifying college students. Students with a documented learning or attention issue are eligible for the Disabled Student Scholarship. Students majoring in special education are eligible for the Special Education Scholarship.
- Fred J. Epstein Youth Achievement Award - This $1,000 award from Smart Kids with Disabilities recognizes the strengths and accomplishments of young people with learning disabilities and ADHD. It will be given to a student age 19 or younger who has demonstrated initiative, talent and determination resulting in a notable accomplishment in any field—including art, music, science, math, athletics or community service.
- Google Lime Scholarship - Applicants for this $10,000 scholarship must be living with a disability and pursuing a degree in computer science, computer engineering or a closely related technical field.
- Injury Lawyer News Scholarship - To apply for this $1,000 pre-law and law school scholarship, students must have a documented disability, which can either be a physical disability or a learning disability.
- Joseph James Morelli Scholarship - This $1,000–$2,000 scholarship supports high school and college students with learning challenges who wish to pursue careers in science, technology, engineering and math.
- Karina Eide Memorial College Scholarships - The Dyslexic Advantage offers these $2,500 scholarships to students with dyslexia who are currently enrolled in college, university or vocational school. A total of 16 awards will be given.
- Microsoft DisAbility Scholarship - A $5,000 scholarship for high school seniors planning to attend a two-year or four-year university or college program. Applicants must be living with a disability, have financial need and plan to major in engineering, computer science, or a legal or business-related major.
- P. Buckley Moss Endowed Scholarship - An annual college tuition grant of up to $1,000 to one or more high school seniors with language-related learning issues. Applicants must be planning to pursue a career in visual arts.
- Rise Scholarship Foundation - Five $2,500 scholarships will be awarded to current high school seniors planning to attend college in the next year. Applicants must have a documented learning disability.
- Through the Looking Glass Scholarship - Available to students who have parents with disabilities and who may have a disability themselves. A total of 15 awards of $1,000 will be given to high school and college students.
Scholarship search engines
- American Psychological Association Scholarships, Grants and Awards
- College Board
- College Net
- College Scholarships
- Go College
- Guide to Paying for Nursing School
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund
- Scholarship America
- Scholarship Monkey
- School Soup
- The Pittsburgh Foundation
- United Negro College Fund (UNCF) Scholarship Opportunities
- USA Scholarships
Other Grants and Awards
You can also look for additional scholarships through PHEAA.