The Center for Career and Professional Development serves as a clearinghouse of information
for part-time employment, both on and off-campus. Most University offices and academic
departments employ students to assist with a variety of tasks. Stop by their office
or call them to inquire about their respective application process. Print the Guide for Finding Campus, Part-time or Seasonal Jobs for more part-time job search tips.
A SAMPLING OF STUDENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES ON CAMPUS
- Catering/Cooks/Food Service Workers in Gemmell/Eagle Commons/Starbucks - Chartwells
- Community Assistants - Office of Residential Life
- Computer Lab Assistants - Click on Lab Name > Lab Contact
- Federal Work-study - Community Service - Center for Leadership and Involvement
- Interns (paid positions) - PSECU
- Lab Assistants (language/sciences) - Contact respective academic department
- Technology Assistants - Learning Technology Center
- Student Employment - Contact academic departments/offices/programs
- Student Rec Center Staff - Student Recreation Center
- Student Phonathon Staff - University Foundation
- Student Worker (Eagle Flight Crew) - Office of Admissions
- SOAR Mentors - SOAR Office
- Student Dispatchers - Public Safety Office
- Tutors - Writing Center, Learning Skills Lab
- University Bookstore Staff - Follett
University offices and community employers are encouraged to post their opportunities on Career Connections. Many jobs for the academic year are posted in July and August but vacancies occur throughout the year. Check the job board frequently. Login to your account on Clarion Career Connections to search for these opportunities:
- Student Employment On Campus:
Select: Job, Internship and Career Postings > CU Job and Internship Board > Student Employment - On Campus
- Part-time/Seasonal/Temporary Jobs Off Campus:
1: Select: Job, Internship and Career Postings > CU Job and Internship Board > Advanced Search
Enter zip code 16214 and a mileage radius.
In Position Type box, Select Part-time/Seasonal/Temporary > Search.
2: Select: Job, Internship and Career Postings > Nacelink Network > Enter Clarion, PA in the Where box.
CURRENT POSTINGS FOR STUDENT EMPLOYMENT AND LOCAL PART-TIME JOBS ON CAREER CONNECTIONS
Click on the job title to view more details on these positions (available to enrolled students only.)
PENNSYLVANIA STATE WORK-STUDY PROGRAM - OFF CAMPUS EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
ONLINE JOB SEARCH SITES
- PA JobGateway - https://www.jobgateway.state.pa.us
- Derrick and The Clarion News - http://www.thederrick.com/
- The Courier Express and the Jeffersonian Democrat - www.thecourierexpress.com
ADVISE FOR AVOIDING JOB SEARCH SCAMS
The Federal Trade Commission - https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams
RipOff Report - http://www.ripoffreport.com/
Better Business Bureau Scam Stopper - http://www.bbb.org/council/bbb-scam-stopper/
DISCLAIMER: The Clarion University Center for Career and Professional Development serves as a clearinghouse of information for job and experiential learning opportunities. The listing of a position or search engine should not be interpreted as an endorsement. Clarion University is not responsible for safety, wages, working conditions, or other various aspects of employment. Students and alumni should personally research openings and organizations prior to submitting a resume to an organization or entering into any employment agreements.