Engaged Learners at Venango
services and accommodations
The Engaged Learners Program employs a comprehensive case management approach which may include the following services:
- Regular academic progress meeting
- Time management, organization skills
- Reading/understanding the textbook
- Study strategies
- Test preparation and test-taking strategies
- Organizing papers, grammar, and spelling
- Social skills
- Diagnosis, assessment, and referral for learning programs
- Education on effective behavior management techniques
Accommodations offered may include:
- Extended time for exams
- "Reader" for exams
- Isolated test administration
- Objective exams vs. essay exams
- Word Processor/Spellcheck for written assignments, essay exams
- Taped lectures
- Taped textbooks
- Accommodations require previous or new documentation of a disability
The program provides outreach, support services, counseling, and accommodations for participating students at Venango campus. The program promotes student self-sufficiency and successful independent learning through the acquisition of important academic skills. Input and expertise from individuals with various educational backgrounds is used to develop individualized success plans with each student.
The program emphasizes collaborative , confidential approach in working with instructors, professors, admissions, counseling personnel, and advisors. Students participate in weekly meetings with their Engaged Learners counselor and attend "Project P.A.S.S." The combination of individual and group study allows students an opportunity to refine or develop the academic skills necessary for successful degree completion.
Participation in the program has helped hundreds of students develop the skills necessary to accomplish their personal and academic goals. While each student is ultimately responsible for his or her own academic progress. the program serves as a powerful comrade in the journey toward academic success.