Speech & Hearing Clinic
The Clarion University Speech and Hearing Clinic provides diagnostic and therapeutic services to children and adults with speech and language disorders.
- Diagnosis and treatment of language problems
- Speech problems
- Voice problems
- Services for augmentative communication and accent reduction
- Lip reading
- Aural rehabilitation services
Areas of special interest include:
- Autism spectrum disorders
- Developmental apraxia of speech
- Phonological processing and language disorders secondary to learning disabilities
- Neurogenic disorders resulting from traumatic brain injury, stroke, right hemisphere impairment, Parkinson's disease and dementia
This is an outpatient clinic which is part of the clinical training program for the graduate program in speech-language pathology. Services are provided by graduate students and are supervised by Pennsylvania-licensed and American Speech Hearing Association-certified program faculty.
Clarion University Speech and Hearing Clinic is open weekdays throughout the year. During the school year, extended afternoon hours are available. Anyone interested in receiving services or scheduling an evaluation should contact the clinic at +1 814 393 2326. Clients of the Clarion University Speech and Hearing Clinic are served without regard to race, color, creed, national origin or sexual orientation.