The Center for Career and Professional Development looks forward to working with you in person or virtually to help you develop the skills to find any type of internship - paid, unpaid, credit bearing, non-credit bearing. The ideal time to start your search is during your sophomore year.
To facilitate your search, we encourage you to:
• Print the Self-guided Internship & Job Search Strategies Checklist
• Review the information provided online about Clarion University's internship policies and procedures
determine if your internship is credit-bearing, paid or both.
• Contact your academic departmental internship coordinator to discuss program requirements and application
procedures prior to making plans for a credit-bearing internship.
• Identify key words, job titles, industries to use for your search using the Occupational Outlook Resources
• Locate job and internship search resources
• Navigate online job boards
• Connect through social networking such as LinkedIn
• Research companies
Internship Search Strategies Checklist
- Self-guided Internship & Job Search Strategies Checklist: A proactive career search begins with a plan. Start by following this checklist to view helpful tasks and strategies.
Internships for Academic Credit
Check Occupational Information (to identify keywords, tasks, and other factors related
to the position)
Use CU Resources
- Career Connections - Your CU Career Management System - Log in and complete/update (students) or register (Alumni) your account on Career Connections to access your career profile account; view the CU calendar of career events, career publications, videos and podcasts; search the CU online database of current part-time jobs, internships, summer/seasonal jobs, and full-time opportunities; participate in campus recruiting; create a career portfolio; or to make your resume available to employers seeking candidates for internship or employment opportunities.
- Career Calendar: View this calendar for local, state, national and international career events, job fairs, site visits and more!
- Campus Recruiting Program: In Career Connections use the News Feed to view the organizations recruiting Clarion students and alumni. Use the Events tab to find information sessions and tables and the Jobs tab to find employers conducting on-campus interviews for internships and full-time employment.
- Career Events and Job Fairs: Participate in internship, job or career fairs sponsored by the Career Development Center or co-sponsored with western PA universities where you can meet recruiters seeking candidates for internships, full-time or seasonal employment opportunities, representatives from graduate and study abroad programs, and recruiters for military agencies.