Career Connections

Text Alert

Get Connected

Student Employment

Student Employees

On-Campus Employment

Almost any student is eligible for campus employment. Available positions are posted in the Office of Financial Aid and on the Career Services Center Website.  Students should apply directly to the academic area advertising for student workers. Students receive a bi-weekly paycheck for the hours they work. Students typically work about 10 hours per week.

Federal Work-Study, Part-Time Off-Campus Employment

Although most campus employment positions are open to any student, Clarion does have some off-campus federally-funded work study positions. These positions are in the Community Service Off-Campus Federal Work-Study Program. These positions are only open to students with unmet financial need, as per the FAFSA. Students who are interested in these positions may contact:

  • Center for Teaching Excellence (America Reads/Keystone Smiles Program) at 814-226-2776
  • Career Services Center in 114 Egbert Hall at 814-393-2323

International Students and Campus Employment

International students, like any other Clarion University student, are eligible to work on campus. However, as non-residents, there are several additional forms that they need to file before they can receive a paycheck. International students who are interested in obtaining an on campus position should first consult with personnel in the Office of International Programs.

Off-Campus Employment

The Office of Financial Aid and the Career Services Center post available off-campus employment opportunities for students.