The Associate of Arts is a liberal arts degree program designed to provide students with a range of experiences. This program offers a flexible course of study. It is a great starting point for a wide variety of students including those undecided about a course of study or those who have been out of school for a long period of time. The Associate of Arts program provides a general course of study. It allows students to complete the majority of their general education requirement coursework completely online. If a students decide to pursue a bachelors degree through Clarion University, they can apply this coursework toward those degree program requirements. They can come to campus or continue their studies online making a smooth transition into the online Bachelor of Science in Liberal Studies degree program easily completing their bachelor's degree online as well.
AA Degree Program Outline
Clarion University of Pennsylvania
- Communications (12 credits):
ENG 111 - Writing II
MATH 111 or higher
Electives: Credits to total 12 in communication courses, selected from the following: Academic Support, Communication, Computer Information Science, Elementary Foreign Language, English Composition, Mathematics, and Speech Communications.
- Humanities ( 12 credits): Selected from at least the following academic disciplines: Art, English Language/Literature, Humanities, Intermediate Foreign Language/Cultures, Music, Philosophy, Speech Communication and Theatre.
- Natural Sciences (12 credits): Selected from at least two of the following academic disciplines: Biology, Chemistry, Earth Sciences, Mathematics, Physical Sciences, Physics.
- Social Sciences (12 credits): Selected from at least two of the following academic disciplines: Anthropology, Economics, Geography, History, Political Science, Psychology, Sociology, Education, Women Studies.
- Personal Development (2 credits): Selected from health/wellness, physical education, fine arts.
- Free Electives (14 credits): Choose from areas 1 through 4.