Students do not need to have a physical examination prior to enrollment to Clarion University, but there are requirements for certain schools within the University. Students must complete a Health Assessment Form (HAF) to be eligible for service at the Keeling Health Center.
Be advised the Keeling Health Center STRONGLY RECOMMENDS the following immunizations prior to entrance:
- Proper immunization including:
- Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR) - 2 doses
- Tetanus, Diphtheria, Pertussis-(within the last ten years)
- Polio Vaccine
- Hepatitis B (series of 3)
- Meningococcal Quadrivalent Polysaccharide Vaccine (Meningitis; Recommended 2nd dose if 1st dose was given 3-5 years ago.
- Varicella (Chickenpox) – vaccine or state “had disease at age _____”.
- Optional Vaccines:
- HPV (Human Papillomavirus Vaccine) – 3 doses
- Hepatitis A Vaccine-2 doses
* Vaccine recommendations based on guidelines and/or recommendations published by the American College Health Association.
- Education Majors prior to block experience;
- Early Childhood Majors prior to any class that has an observation component;
- CSD majors prior to field experience;
- Rehab Science majors prior to field experience:
- Measles, Mumps and Rubella (MMR) – 2 doses
- Tetanus, Diphtheria, Pertussis (within the last 10 years) recommend one dose is TDap.
- Polio vaccine
- Varicella (Chickenpox) – vaccine or state “had disease at age ___”
- Hepatitis B - (series of 3 doses)
- TB test (within 2 years) readings must be done in Millimeters – CSD requires a 2-step TB testing
- The student health center strongly recommends that the physical and TB testing be done through the Health Center. If this is not done at the Health Center, forms MUST be completed correctly and completely before they are accepted. Students having their physical done elsewhere will NOT have their “Application for Teacher’s Certification” signed by the Health Center.