What is Eagle Mail?
Clarion University is pleased to announce a new student e-mail service -- Eagle Mail. With Eagle Mail, all students will be provided with a new e-mail address and greatly expanded e-mail services. Eagle Mail is being provided in partnership with Microsoft as part of their Live@Edu service. The service was launched on February 16, 2010.
With the new Eagle Mail service, student e-mail services include...
- A robust, fully web-based e-mail client -- Outlook Live
- 10GB of e-mail storage per user
- E-mail attachments of up to 20MB
- E-mail for Life -- keep your e-mail account after you graduate
- Additional tools to access Eagle Mail from mobile devices (Windows Mobile)
- Additional tools as part of the Live@Edu Service! As part of your Eagle Mail account, all students will also have access to other bundled services including SkyDrive (7GB of web-based disk space), Windows Live Messenger (chat client), Windows Live Spaces (photos, etc.), and more!
What changed from the old student e-mail system?
Under Eagle Mail, new e-mail addresses were assigned to all students. In the past, your Clarion username and your Clarion e-mail address were the same -- email@example.com. With the deployment of this new service, you were assigned a new e-mail address. The format of the new student e-mail addresses is F.M.Lastname@eagle.clarion.edu (where F is your first initial and M is your middle initial). For example, Jane Q. User will have an e-mail address of firstname.lastname@example.org. A numeric suffix will be added to the end of the last name if there are identical names (ex. email@example.com).
What did not change?
You will continue to use your Clarion username (firstname.lastname@example.org) to log into other campus services such as the iClarion portal, Blackboard, and computer labs.
The Eagle Mail service only pertains to student "s_" accounts. All other campus e-mail accounts and related services remain the same.
How do I get started?
- To start using your new e-mail, you just need to sign-in to Eagle mail. In a nutshell, the first sign-in process will include the following steps:
- Look up your new Eagle Mail e-mail address and your initial Eagle Mail password (which will be done via the Personal Information Form (PIF) in the iClarion / Web for Students service that you already use for registration, etc.)
- Log into the Eagle Mail service, update your password and complete some basic setup steps. That's it -- your new e-mail service will be ready to use!
- Step-by-step directions and additional documentation are available at www.clarion.edu/Computing/EagleMail/.