New Student Housing Sign-ups
FRESHMEN FALL 2022 HOUSING application
The freshmen housing application is unavailable until early May. This is due to the
payment portal being transitioned to a single portal for Penn west.
Follow the directions below to access the housing portal
- Log into your PennWest Experience Portal
- Click on "Housing Portal" on the Quick Access Card. If you do not see the Quick Access Card, click Discover More on the bottom right or the menu on the top left. You can search "student quick access" to find the card and save it to your page.
- Click "Contracts."
- Select the housing application for Clarion Campus.
- Read the Terms and Conditions of the contract thoroughly.
- Electronically sign the document.
- Complete "My Information" and help build your housing profile.
- Provide an emergency contact(s) and parent/guardian contact information.
- Pay the $100 non-refundable application service fee. *The receipt you receive for payment may say California University. This does not affect the campus you have applied to live at. We are using California's payment portal until the Penn West payment portal is completed.
- Check your Penn West email for "Your Application Has Been Received" confirmation
- If you are under 18 your parent or guardian will need to sign off on the application.
- Watch your Penn West email for Roommate Selection and Room Selection information and directions to be sent.
Roommate matching will occur starting April 25th. The end date is to be determined, but we will update the webpage when we know the end date. You will have the option to put in a specific roommate or search for someone who is compatible. If you choose to search for a roommate, you can take time to talk to them and decide if you will be a good match prior to confirming the request. Please, make sure you have completed this by the deadline as it is important for the room selection process.
Room Selection is anticipated to begin shortly after roommate matching ends. This will be done as a lottery with your position determined by the date and time of application submission. Until May 20th, students will be expected to fill the suite they wish to select. Students who wish to live in a 4 person suite, should match with 3 roommates during roommate matching. If a student wishes to live in a 2 person suite, they should match with a roommate. Students who do not have a roommate match can select a single room if available, or after May 20th can pick from open room styles.
Addittional Information about our current housing offerings is below. Please, contact Residence Life Services if you have any questions. The office can be reached at email@example.com or by calling 814-393-2352.
- Freshmen housing will be offered in Suites on Main South, Valley View, Suites on Main North (only in LLCs), and Campus View (only in LLC's)
- Housing Rates for 2021-2022 can be found here. The 2022-2023 housing rates have not been finalized. As soon as the housing rates
are determined for 2022-2023 they will be posted here.
- SINGLE ROOMS will be available in Suites on Main
- There will be an upcharge for the cost of the single (former shared semi-suite). In 2021-2022 it was $4995 which was an upcharge of $700 (each semester) from the standard shared semi-suite cost.
- You must complete the housing application contract and then select this room type in Suites on Main.
- We have a limited number of spaces available so it will be on a first-come, first serve basis.
- The additional bed will be removed but the dressers and desk/chair will remain for usable storage.
- Living Learning Communities (LLCs) will be filled on a first come first serve basis. If you select a Living
Learning Community, please know that will take precedence over room type. Roommate
requests for the LLCs should match Living Learning Community requests to ensure an
- To receive priority consideration for medical housing accommodations, students should contact the office of Disability Support Services to have their recommendation in to Residence Life before June 1.
- All students living within campus housing MUST have a meningitis vaccination or a waiver on file through the Clarion University Patient Portal before moving in. Please access the Patient Portal to update your information as soon as possible.