New Student Housing Sign-ups
Incoming FRESHMEN FALL 2023 HOUSING
housing application will be
Monday, November 28 at 3pm
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT FRESHMEN HOUSING
- Freshmen housing will be offered in Suites on Main South, Valley View, Suites on Main North (only in LLCs), and Campus View (only in LLC's)
- Housing Rates for 2022-2023 can be found here. The 2023-2024 housing rates have not been finalized. As soon as the housing rates are determined for 2023-2024 they will be posted here.
- Limited SINGLE ROOMS will be available in Suites on Main.
- There will be an upcharge for the cost of the single (former shared semi-suite). In 2022-2023 it was $4995 which was an upcharge of $700 (each semester) from the standard shared semi-suite cost.
- You must complete the housing application contract and then select this room type in Suites on Main during the room selection phase.
- Living Learning Communities (LLCs) will be filled on a first come first serve basis. If you select a Living Learning Community, please know that will take precedence over room type. Roommate requests for the LLCs should match Living Learning Community requests to ensure an assignment together.
- To receive priority consideration for medical housing accommodations, students should contact the Office for Students with Disabilities to have their recommendation in to Residence Life before June 1.
- All students living within campus housing MUST have a meningitis vaccination or a waiver on file through the PennWest Clarion Patient Portal before moving in. Please access the Patient Portal to update your information as soon as possible.
Steps to sign up for housing
SIGN THE APPLICATION AND CONTRACT - November 28 at 3pm
Log into the my.pennwest.edu portal and find the Housing Portal under quick links.
Complete the application along with the $100 application fee.
ROOMMATE SELECTION - BEGINNING December 12 at 9am
The end date is to be determined, but we will update the webpage when we know the
end date. You will have the option to put in a specific roommate or search for someone
who is compatible. If you choose to search for a roommate, you can take time to talk
to them and decide if you will be a good match prior to confirming the request. Please,
make sure you have completed this by the deadline as it is important for the room
Room Selection - February 6 at 3pm
This will be done as a lottery with your position determined by the date and time of application submission.
*We have decided to not require students to fill their suite. The room selection process will be open starting at 3pm on Monday, February 6, 2023 for everyone to pick a room.
Please, contact Residence Life and Housing if you have any questions. The office can be reached at email@example.com or by calling 814-393-2352.