About The PennWest Clarion SBDC
The mission of the PennWest Clarion Small Business Development Center (SBDC) is to grow the economy of western Pennsylvania by providing entrepreneurs with the education, information and tools necessary to build successful businesses.
Since its inception in 1980, the PennWest Clarion SBDC has consulted with thousands of pre-venture and existing business clients in its 10-county region. This region in Pennsylvania includes the following counties: Armstrong, Cameron, Clarion, Clearfield, Elk, Forest, Jefferson, McKean, Potter, and Venango.
Funding support and resources are provided through a cooperative agreement with the US Small Business Administration; by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania through the Department of Community & Economic Development; and in part through support from PennWest Clarion and other sources. All services are extended to the public on a non-discriminatory basis. Special arrangements for persons with disabilities can be made by calling (814) 393-2060. All opinions, conclusions or recommendations expressed are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the SBA. SBDC services are not available to individuals or entities that have been debarred or suspended by the federal government. By agreeing to receive assistance from the SBDC you are self-certifying that you are not currently federally debarred or suspended and also agree to cease using SBDC services if you become federally debarred or suspended in the future.
The PennWest Clarion SBDC provides consulting services and educational programs to entrepreneurs looking to start or grow their small business. The PennWest Clarion SBDC consultants work with entrepreneurs in confidential, one-to-one engagements to help them with a range of business issues including testing a new business proposition, shaping a business plan, investigating funding opportunities, and much more. The SBDC works with a wide range of public and private organizations to allow for cross referral of clients and cooperative consultation services and training programs for the varied needs of the entrepreneurs. Because of this, the PennWest Clarion SBDC is able to provide a variety of consulting, research, and training services. Click here to sign up as a client and start receiving help from our consultants.
The PennWest Clarion Small Business Development Center has helped many entrepreneurs to expand their existing business or launch successful new business ventures.
PennWest Clarion Small Business Development Center
209 Still Hall
Clarion PA 16214-3873
Phone: (814) 393-2060
Fax: (814) 393-2636
Facebook: Join Our Facebook
Hours of Operation: 8:30 am to 4:30 pm | Monday through Friday
PennWest Clarion SBDC Staff
Cindy Nellis, Director (email@example.com)
Cindy has been with the PennWest Clarion SBDC since September 1996. Cindy is responsible for overseeing and directing the assignment and coordination of the SBDC staff and its operations. In addition, Cindy provides confidential one-on-one consulting to current or prospective small business owners and developing and instructing educational programs for the SBDC.
Amy Keth, Assistant Director (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Amy has been a business consultant with the PennWest Clarion SBDC since July 2004. The counties that she serves include Forest, Clarion, and Venango providing free, confidential one-on-one consulting to current or prospective small business owners. In addition, she instructs educational programs and seminars for the SBDC.
Prior to joining the SBDC, Amy worked in the banking industry. She also has experience as a tax-preparer. She is a PennWest Clarion graduate.
Amy meets with clients at the PennWest Clarion SBDC main office and at outreach locations within Forest and Venango counties.
Aleshia Marshall (email@example.com)
Aleshia has been a business consultant with the PennWest Clarion SBDC since November
2017. The counties that she serves include Elk, Potter and McKean providing free,
confidential one-on-one consulting to current or prospective small business owners.
In addition, she instructs educational programs and seminars for the SBDC. Aleshia
specializes in preparing comprehensive business plans that include financial forecasts,
as well as providing general management assistance.
Prior to joining the SBDC, Aleshia worked in the private sector as an account representative at a machine company. She also has retail experience and is a former intern at the PennWest Clarion SBDC. She is a PennWest Clarion graduate.
Aleshia meets with clients at the PennWest Clarion SBDC main office, via Zoom, and at outreach locations within Elk, McKean, and Potter counties.
Corry Riley (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Corry Riley graduated from PennWest Clarion and began working at the SBDC as a consultant
in May of 2005. Corry serves Cameron and Clearfield counties, providing free, confidential
one-on-one business consulting to current or prospective small business owners. He
also provides assistance with research, marketing, employee handbooks, QuickBooks
accounting software, and general management assistance. Corry instructs educational
programs and seminars for the SBDC, including the popular QuickBooks seminars. Corry
is a Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor.
Corry meets with clients at the PennWest Clarion SBDC main office and at outreach locations within Cameron and Clearfield counties.
Jason Strohm (email@example.com)
Jason Strohm is a business consultant at the SBDC. He joined the PennWest Clarion SBDC in October of 2017. He serves Jefferson and Armstrong counties, providing free, confidential one-on-one consulting to current or prospective small business owners. He also provides research, marketing, and general business consulting. Jason is a graduate of PennWest Clarion. He has started and overseen multiple businesses of his own. He also has experience in web and graphic design, communications, marketing, and teaching.
Jason meets with clients at the PennWest Clarion SBDC main office and at outreach locations within Jefferson and Armstrong counties.
Jeanne Best (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Jeanne Best joined the PennWest Clarion SBDC in January 2018. Jeanne is responsible for coordination of training events and marketing them in all ten counties served by the SBDC. She also facilitates, teaches and does follow-up reporting for workshops, classes and other training events.
Jeanne has over 20 years of experience in many areas of business, including: management, operations, marketing, sales, customer service, human resources, and finance. She has worked in numerous industries, such as: marketing, education, health care, philanthropy and technology. Jeanne is an entrepreneur by nature and strives to help others start their own successful businesses.
Di Smith, Assistant Budget Director (email@example.com)
Di processes all necessary budget transactions, invoices, etc. She assists clients and counselors to obtain various types of business information requested.
PennWest Clarion SBDC Partners
The PennWest Clarion Small Business Development Center (SBDC) program is a public-private
partnership that leverages the resources of government, higher education and the business
community to facilitate the growth of small businesses in Armstrong, Cameron, Clarion,
Clearfield, Elk, Forest, Jefferson, McKean, Pottter, and Venango counties in Pennsylvania.
The PennWest Clarion SBDC is sponsored and partially funded by PennWest Clarion. Additional funding, support, and resources are provided by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania (Department of Community & Economic Development) and the United States Small Business Administration.
The PennWest Clarion SBDC is an accredited affiliate of the national network of Small Business Development Centers.
The PennWest Clarion Small Business Development Center (SBDC) program has many partners for regional economic performance:
The PennWest Clarion Small Business Development Center county partners are included in the alphabetical list below.
In order to meet the varied needs of entrepreneurs and small firms, the PennWest Clarion SBDC is an active participant in their community through involvement with a wide range of public and private organizations. These relationships allow for cross referral of clients and cooperative consultation services and training programs. The PennWest Clarion SBDC has strong working relationships with the following organizations among many others:
- Agribusiness and Food Specialty Centers (University of Scranton)
- Allegheny National Forest Visitors Bureau
- American Gas Association (AGA)
- American Petroleum Institute (API)
- America's Natural Gas Alliance (ANGA)
- Appalachian Regional Commission (ARC)
- Appalachian Regional Commission Local Development Districts
- Armstrong County Community Foundation
- Armstrong County Industrial Development Council
- Armstrong County Seat
- Ben Franklin Technology Center of Central & Northern PA
- Ben Franklin Technology Center of Northeastern PA
- Ben Franklin Technology Center of Southeastern PA
- Ben Franklin Technology Partners
- Bradford Area Chamber of Commerce
- Bradford City Website
- Bradford Economic Development Corporation
- Bradford Office of Economic and Community Development
- Bridgeway Capital
- Brookville Area Chamber of Commerce
- Cameron County Chamber of Commerce
- Cameron County Industrial Development Authority
- Cameron County Seat
- Catalyst Connections (IRC)
- Central Pennsylvania SCORE
- Clarion Area Chamber of Business & Industry
- Clearfield Chamber of Commerce
- Clearfield County Department of Planning & Development
- Clearfield County Economic Development Corporation
- Clearfield County Seat
- Clearfield Foundation
- Coudersport Chamber of Commerce
- Elk County Community Foundation
- Elk County Industrial Development Authority
- Elk County Planning Department
- Elk County Redevelopment Authority
- Elk County Seat
- Federal Energy Regulatory Commission
- Forest County Business & Tourism
- Forest County Industrial & Commercial Development Authority
- Franklin Area Chamber of Commerce
- Franklin Industrial and Commercial Development Authority
- Forest County Industrial Development Corporation
- Forest County Office of Community & Economic Development
- Forest County Seat
- Independent Petroleum Association of America (IPAA)
- Industrial Resource Center Network (IRC)
- Industrial Resource Center North West Pennsylvania (NWIRC)
- Industrial Resource Center South West Pennsylvania (SWIRC)
- Innovation Works (Ben Franklin Technology Center of Southwestern Pennsylvania)
- Jefferson County Department of Development
- Jefferson County Seat
- Johnsonburg Chamber of Commerce
- Johnsonburg Industrial Development Corporation
- National Association of Royalty Owners (NARO) United States
- National Association of Royalty Owners (NARO) Pennsylvania
- National Fuel Gas Company
- Natural Gas Forum For Landowners
- New Bethlehem Chamber
- North Central Pennsylvania Regional Planning & Development Commission
- Northwest Pennsylvania Regional Planning & Development Commission
- Penn State College of Agricultural Sciences
- Penn State Cooperative Extension
- Penn State Marcellus Center for Outreach and Research (MCOR)
- Pennsylvania Association of Sustainable Agriculture
- Pennsylvania Career Link (Employment, Job Programs, & SEA Program)
- Pennsylvania Career Link (Find Local Offices)
- Pennsylvania Center for eBusiness and Advanced IT (eBizITPA)
- Pennsylvania Chamber of Business & Industry
- Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture
- Pennsylvania Department of Community & Economic Development
- Pennsylvania Department of Conservation and Natural Resources (DCNR)
- Pennsylvania DCNR Bureau of Topographic and Geologic Survey
- Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection (DEP)
- Pennsylvania DEP Bureau of Oil & Gas Management
- Pennsylvania Department of Labor & Industry
- Pennsylvania Department of Treasury
- Pennsylvania Directory of Economic Development Organizations
- Pennsylvania Downtown Center
- Pennsylvania Economic Development Association (PEDA)
- Pennsylvania Economy League of Southwestern Pennsylvania
- Pennsylvania Find and Apply For Funding
- Pennsylvania Governor's Action Team
- Pennsylvania Independent Oil & Gas Association (PIOGA)
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accounts
- Pennsylvania Landowners’ Association, Inc. (PLA)
- Pennsylvania Legislators
- Pennsylvania Office of Vocational Rehabilitation (OVR)
- Pennsylvania (PAHRA) Housing Authorities
- Pennsylvania (PAHRA) Redevelopment Authorities
- Pennsylvania Recycling Markets Center
- Pennsylvania Small Business Development Centers
- Pennsylvania Technical Assistance Program
- People's Gas Company
- Potter County Education Council
- Potter County Redevelopment Authority
- Potter County Seat
- Punxsutawney Chamber of Commerce
- Punxsutawney Regional Development Corporation (PRDC)
- Saint Marys Area Chamber of Commerce
- Service Corps Of Retired Executives (SCORE)
- Service Corps Of Retired Executives (SCORE) Erie Branch
- Small Business Administration (Pittsburgh District Office)
- Small Business Administration (SBA)
- Smethport Chamber of Commerce
- Southwestern Pennsylvania Commission
- State Review of Oil & Natural Gas Environmental Regulations (STRONGER)
- Strongland Chamber of Commerce
- Team Pennsylvania Foundation
- Titusville Community Development Agencies
- Titusville Industrial Development Authority
- United States Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau
- United States Department of Agriculture Rural Development (USDA)
- United States Department of Commerce
- United States Department of Commerce Bureau of Industry and Security
- United States Department of Commerce Economic Development Administration
- United States Department of Energy (DOE)
- United States Department of Labor (DOL)
- United States Department of the Treasury (DOT)
- United States Department of Transportation
- United States Department of Veteran Affairs
- United States Energy Information Administration
- United States Government
- United States Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- United States Trade and Development Agency
- Venango Area Chamber of Commerce
- Venango Area Emerging Technology Center (ETC)
- Venango Area Industrial Complex (VAIC)
- Venango County Seat