Dr. Marc Sanko
DEGREES EARNED / CERTIFICATIONS / PROFESSIONAL TRAINING
- Ph.D. 2018, West Virginia University
- M.A. 2013, Edinboro University of Pennsylvania
- B.A. 2011, Michigan Technological University
PRIMARY COURSES TAUGHT
- Public History
- U.S. History Since 1870
- 20th Century U.S. History
- Diplomatic History
- Digital history and community collaboration
- North American ethnic and immigration history
MOST RECENT PUBLICATIONS / PRESENTATIONS
- "The Gift of Empire: Maltese Migrants to Detroit, 1919-1924," Michigan Historical Review, Vol. 43, No. 2 (Fall 2017), 37-54.
- Book Review: Thomas, Teresa Fava. The Reluctant Migrants: Migration from the Italian Veneto to Central Massachusetts, for Journal of American Ethnic History, Vol. 37, No. 1 (Fall 2017), 95-96.
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Outstanding Graduate Teaching Assistant, Department of History, West Virginia University, 2015-2016.
CURRENT PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS
- American Historical Association (AHA)
- National Council on Public History (NCPH)