Dr. Gustavo Barboza
Degrees Earned / Certifications / Professional Training
- Ph.D. Agricultural Economics, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, 1997.
- M.S. Agricultural Economics, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, 1994.
- Licentiate. Economics, Universidad de Costa Rica, San José, Costa Rica, 1989.
- B.S. Economics, Universidad de Costa Rica, San José, Costa Rica, 1988.
Primary Courses Taught
- Administrative Decision Making (capstone BSBA)
- Strategic Decision Making (capstone MBA),
- Global Business Leadership (undergraduate and MBA)
1. Corporate social responsibility
2. Financial literacy and education
3. Trade openness economic growth, culture & technological knowledge
4. Spatial econometrics
5. Micro credit
Most Recent Publications / Presentations
- Capocchi, A., Barboza, G., DeMicco, F., and Vallone, C. An Empirical Estimation of the Value Added Impact of Lucca Comics&Games Festival on Hotels Performance. Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Management, Forthcoming.
- Barboza, Gustavo, S. Madero, and V. Pede. "Shared Social Responsibility. Dual Role of Consumers as Stakeholders in Firm strategy." Social Responsibility Journal Forthcoming. 2019.
- Barboza, Gustavo. "Social Collateral, Dynamic Incentives, and Joint-Liability in a Two-Step Trust Game. Lending to the un-bankable.", Economic Notes 2019.
- Barboza, Gustavo. "Endogenous Consumers' Preferences as Drivers of Green Corporate Social Responsibility." 2018. Social Responsibility Journal.
- Mishra, Ashok, V.O. Pede and G. Barboza "Perception of Climate Change and Impact on Land Allocation and Income: Empirical Evidence from Vietnam's Delta Region". Agricultural and Resources Economics Review. Aug. 2018.
Honors and Awards
- 2013. Phi Kappa Phi, Honor Society Member
- 2013. Society for the Advancement of Management. Third Place National Thomas Greensmith Open Case Competition, Clarion-SAM Advisor
- 2011. Outstanding Faculty Advisor Award. Society for the Advancement of Management
- 2010. Society for the Advancement of Management, First Place National Case Competition. James Rutherford. Clarion-SAM Advisor
- 2010. Outstanding Faculty Advisor Award. Society for the Advancement of Management
- 2010. Excellent Teaching Award. National Leadership Society, Clarion University Chapter
Current Professional Associations
- American Economic Association
- Academy of Management
- International Association of Business Society
- Academy of Business Education
- Society for the Advancement of Management
- Midwest Economic Association
- Eastern Academy of Management