Dr. Scott Kuehn
DEGREES EARNED / CERTIFICATIONS / PROFESSIONAL TRAINING
- Ph.D. 1987 The Pennsylvania State University
- M.A. 1984 Northern Illinois University
- B.A. 1982 Purdue University
PRIMARY COURSES TAUGHT
- Communication Research
- Mass Media Critical Analysis
- Social Media Campaigns
- New Mass Communication Technologies
- Communication Law
- Communication Project Management
- New Media Technologies
- Semiotic Analysis of Popular Music
- Student Media Writing Attitudes and Competencies
MOST RECENT PUBLICATIONS / PRESENTATIONS
- Currently under contract with Sage Publications / CQ Press for a textbook (Fall 2016) Titled "The Basics of Media Writing: A Strategic Approach" co-authored with Dr. Andrew Lingwall.
- "In Their Own Words: A Thematic Analysis of Students' Self-Perceptions of Writing Skills in Mass Communication Programs." Presented at the 2014 Annual Convention of the Association For Education in Journalism and Mass Communication, Montreal, Canada, August 2014.
- Measuring Student Self-Perceptions of Writing Skills in Programs of Journalism and Mass Communication, Journalism & Mass Communication Educator December 2013 vol. 68 no. 4 365-386.
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Wilcox Award/Prize for 2014 AEJMC Paper presented at the 2014 AEJMC conference in Montreal Canada, August 2014.
CURRENT PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS
- Association for Education in Journalism and Mass Communication
- The National Communication Association
- The Eastern Communication Association