Dr. Naomi (Bell) O'Neil
DEGREES EARNED / CERTIFICATIONS / PROFESSIONAL TRAINING
- Ph.D., Communication, 2007, The Ohio State University
PRIMARY COURSES TAUGHT
- Introduction to Human Communication
- Nonverbal Communication
- Public Speaking
- Mass Communication Theory
- Event Planning
- Integrated Communication
- Strategic Communication
- Advertising and Public Relations
- Grandparent/grandchild communication
- Family communication patterns
- Leadership and organizational communication
- Communication administration
- University high impact practices
MOST RECENT PUBLICATIONS / PRESENTATIONS
- O'Neil, N. B. (2018). University high impact practices: Bridges that support the path to student's professional identity. Journal of the Association of Communication Administration, 37.
- Maier, C. T., O'Neil, N. B., & Fritz, J. M. H. (2014). Who reads Catholic newspapers? Exploring readership in a changing industry. Journal of Media and Religion, 13(3). 153-169.
- Fritz, J. M. H., O'Neil, N.B., Popp, A.M., Williams, C., & Arnett, R.C. (2013). The influence of supervisory behavioral integrity on intent to comply with organizational ethical standards and organizational commitment. Journal of Business Ethics, 114, 251-263.
- O'Neil, N.B. (2010). Social constructionist's perspective of personal identity. In R. Jackson (Ed.), Encyclopedia of identity, Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications.
- Emmers-Sommer, T. M., Rhea, D., Triplett, L., & O'Neil, N. B. (2003). Accounts of single-fatherhood: A qualitative study. Marriage & Family Review, 35(1/2), 99-115.
HONORS AND AWARDS
- National Communication Association - Division of Communication and Aging - Dissertation Award - 2008
CURRENT PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS
- National Communication Association
- Eastern Communication Association
- Pennsylvania Communication Association