Dr. Dip N. Bhattaharya
DEGREES EARNED / CERTIFICATIONS / PROFESSIONAL TRAINING
- M.S ( Applied Mathematics ) 1971 SUNY at Stony Brook
- Doctorate ( Mathematics Education ) 1982 SUNY at Buffalo
PRIMARY COURSES TAUGHT
- Math 112 ( Excursions in Mathematics )
- Problem Solving and Problem Posing
- Mathematics Education
MOST RECENT PUBLICATIONS / PRESENTATIONS
- A Journey to the Origin of Chaturanga ( Chess ), Indian Science Cruiser, Volume 27, Number 4, July 2013, p 8-10
- "Mathematics – Hot and Cool "New York State Mathematics Teachers' Journal, 60 (January 2011 ): 135-139
- "Ramanujan, Srinivasa (1887-1920)," in J.A. Bell (Ed) Industrialization and Imperialism 1800-1914, A Biographical Dictionary, p. 295-296, Greenwood Press, 2002
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Received the 1980 Excellence In Teaching Award given by the State
- University of New York at Buffalo, Graduate School.
- Recipient of the Best Teacher Award from the Upward Bound Program for three years: Summer 1980, 1981, and 1982.
- Recipient of the 1980 Excellence in Teaching Award Given by the Student
- Association of the State University of New York at Buffalo.
CURRENT PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS
- United States Chess Federation , SHEMA