Dr. Anthony J. Vega
DEGREES EARNED / CERTIFICATIONS / PROFESSIONAL TRAINING
- Ph.D. - 1994, Climatology, Louisiana State University
- M.S. - 1990, Meteorology, Mississippi State University
- B.A. - 1987, Geography, University of New Orleans
- Certificate of Broadcast Meteorology, 1990, Mississippi State University
PRIMARY Areas of Responsibility
Biology and Geoscience Department chair
- Basic Earth Science
- Natural Disasters
- Special topics in Earth Science
- Atmospheric teleconnections and their influence on surface climates
- Severe Weather
- Climate change and variation
MOST RECENT PUBLICATIONS / PRESENTATIONS
- Vega, A.J., R.V. Rohli and E. Wright, 2019. Changes in Growing Season in the Northeastern United States, Physical Geography, in press.
- Vega, A.J. and R.V. Rohli, 2018. Chapter 20. Energy Production and Consumption and Sustainable Development, in Capacity Building for Sustainable Development, V.U. James, Editor, CABI International Development, Wallingford, UK, pp 241-253. ISBN 978-1-78064-616-9.
- Vega, A.J. and R.V. Rohli, 2018. Chapter 23. Climate Change and Ozone Depletion: Building Capacity for Reduction of Impact on Climate, in Capacity Building for Sustainable Development, V.U. James, Editor, CABI International Development, Wallingford, UK, pp 273-284. ISBN 978-1-78064-616-9.
- Hemmings, C.A., J.M. Adovasio, F.J. Vento and A.J. Vega, 2018. Current Investigations Suggest Pleistocene Human Occupation, in Early Human Life on the Southeastern Coastal Plain, Ed. A. Goodyear and C. Moore, University Press of Florida, Gainesville, FL, pp 66-89. ISBN 978-1-68340-034-9.
- Rohli, R.V. and A.J. Vega, 2018, Climatology, 4th ed., Jones and Bartlett Press, Inc., Boston, MA, 418 pp. ISBN: 978-1-284-11998-5
HONORS AND AWARDS
- 2019 Excellence in Teaching award - National Society of Leadership and Success – Clarion University
- Phi Kappa Phi - Clarion University, 2002
- 1999 - Outstanding Paper Award, Bellwether Publishers (Physical Geography), 2000
- 1997 American Men and Women of Science - Distinguished Scientist
CURRENT PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS
- Association of American Geographers - Climate Specialty Group
- Phi Kappa Phi
- American Meteorological Society
- National Weather Association
- Pennsylvania Geographical Society
- I am a musician and play guitar and bass in various local/regional bands.
- I am a former two-time Mr. Louisiana and NABBF Pro Bodybuilder.
- I hold a black best in Okinawan Seito Ryu Karate.
- Curriculum Vitae