Get Help


When will classes begin and end? When are final exams?

Spring 2022 classes are scheduled to begin on Tuesday, Jan. 18, and end on Monday, May 2. Final exams will be held Tuesday, May 3, through Friday, May 6. View the detailed academic calendar for more information.

Will internships, clinical or student teaching be impacted?

Students in clinical, student teaching and other out-of-class assignments should follow the guidance of their placement location.


Contact Student Health Services at 814-393-2121 to let them know you are feeling unwell or that you have been asked to quarantine.

Contact your professor(s) to let them know you won't be in class. Ask for instructions about how to keep up or catch up on any missed material or assignments.

A medical excuse will be required upon return to the course or your absence(s) will be considered unexcused. Documentation provided by Student Health Services or Student Affairs is acceptable, but you are responsible for providing the documentation/excuse to each of your faculty members.

Will Student Health Services notify my professors that I am in quarantine or isolation?

No. Student Health Services will not notify faculty members that students are in quarantine/isolation due to privacy laws. Students are responsible for notifying faculty members that they will not be in class.

What campus dining options will be available during the spring 2022 semester?

Indoor dining in campus locations is now permitted. Masks must be worn at all times except when eating and drinking, and physical distancing guidelines should be followed. Grab-and-go options will remain available.

Are masks required on campus?

Yes. Approved face coverings must be worn over the nose and mouth at all times while inside university facilities.

Approved face coverings are strongly recommended to be worn outdoors by all individuals, regardless of vaccination status, and are required outside when physical distancing is not possible.

What is considered an approved face covering?

  • Higher-grade masks (KN95 or KF94) or disposable surgical masks (typically blue, which can be sealed above the nose) are strongly recommended.
  • Face shields, bandanas, neck gaiters, scarves, turtleneck collars, masks with valves, and balaclavas/ski masks are not acceptable.
  • Cloth and handmade face coverings are discouraged. If cloth or handmade masks are used it is strongly recommended they be worn with a surgical mask.
  • A mask must fit snugly over the wearer’s nose and mouth and under the chin, and snugly against the sides of the wearer’s face (no gaps around the sides).

Examples of suggested types of masks:


These requirements apply to all employees, students and visitors.

What should I do if I can’t wear a face covering due to medical reasons?

Students who are unable to wear a face covering due to a documented health condition or disability must request an exception by contacting:

Disability Support Services
Coordinator Mr. Ron Radaker,

Faculty members may ask for documentation of the accommodation. Students will not be asked to reveal the nature of the health condition.

Employees who cannot wear a mask due to a medical reason must request a medical accommodation from Human Resources. Upon a review of the request, HR will provide the faculty member with a determination.

What happens if a person refuses to wear an approved face covering?

The following procedure should be followed if a student arrives to class without an approved mask and does not have an approved accommodation:

  • If the student refuses to wear an approved mask, the faculty member can refuse entry to the class until such time that the student wears an approved mask; these may count as unexcused absences.
  • The faculty member should also report students who refuse to wear an approved mask to the Student Conduct office for their action.

Employees who do not wear an approved face covering and do not have an approved accommodation will be reported to Human Resources.

Is the university providing masks to students?

Students are encouraged to maintain their own supply of masks. A limited number of disposable masks are available at the campus information desk for students who have lost or forgotten to bring an approved mask.

Can I remove my mask to eat or drink during class?

No. Eating and/or drinking are not permitted in class at this time.

Is testing available on campus for students?

Free testing for asymptomatic students is available.

Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, 107-108 Eagle Commons

  • 7-11:30 a.m. PCR testing for any student (2-3 day send-out test)
  • Noon-2 p.m. Rapid/antigen testing for any student (15-30 minute test)

The testing clinic operates on a walk-in model, no appointment necessary.

Employees who experience symptoms should seek guidance from their healthcare provider and notify their supervisor.

Are in-person events and activities permitted?

Virtual meetings and events are strongly encouraged. Meetings and events convened by members of the campus community, including student groups and office hours, may be held in person following masking guidelines. Physical distancing is recommended when possible. 

Meetings and events involving outside groups will be permitted following masking guidelines.

How will office hours be conducted during the spring semester?

Virtual meetings are strongly encouraged. Office hours may be held in person following masking guidelines. Physical distancing is recommended when possible.

What should I do if I feel sick?

If you experience symptoms, visit MyHealth Clarion Scheduling ( to make an appointment, or call the Health Center at 814-393-2121 for additional information. Isolate in your room while you await results.

Employees –
Seek guidance from your healthcare provider and notify your supervisor.

Am I up to date on my vaccinations?

Ensure you are optimally protected against COVID-19 by getting vaccinated and staying up to date with a booster dose. Vaccine-specific information and booster eligibility details are available on the CDC’s website.

How will campus be notified about confirmed cases?

We have created a COVID-19 Tracker webpage to keep you informed of the number of confirmed positive cases involving a student or employee who has been living, working or taking an in-person class on campus or who may have presented an exposure risk to other members of the University community.

You are encouraged to visit the web page and review its content so that you are aware of the communications protocols and other procedures that have been put in place to address confirmed positive COVID cases.

Is university-related travel permitted?

COVID travel restrictions are lifted. For questions, contact your adviser or supervisor.

Do I need to wear a mask if alone in my workspace or office?

No. Masking is required in all campus buildings unless you are inside your own residence hall room or alone in a private study room or office.

Am I permitted to ask others about their vaccination status?

No. Neither the university nor any of its employees are permitted to ask any other employee or student about their vaccination status. This does not mean that you cannot discuss vaccination or COVID-related topics more generally. In the classroom, if these topics are relevant to the learning objectives of the course, then you can certainly discuss them. You may also discuss COVID-related matters in class as they relate to classroom safety and management – e.g., encouraging students to space themselves around the classroom where possible, the use of electronic assignments and exams to minimize the passing of physical materials as part of the class, appropriate laboratory protocols, reminders about mask-wearing when indoors, etc.

Can graduate assistants and student workers still work?

Yes. Graduate assistants and student workers can work as long as they follow masking and social distancing requirements.

Are food and drink permitted at campus events?

  • Food and drinks are permitted at indoor events and meetings; these gatherings should be hosted in a space that provides for ample physical distancing between participants when eating and/or drinking.
  • Food does not need to be pre-packaged, individually wrapped nor served by a food services professional; proper utensils are required to pick up food.
  • Food is not permitted in classroom settings.
  • Concession stands will be open during sporting events, following local food safety guidelines.
  • If shared food (e.g., pizza) is provided for a meeting or event, it is recommended that individual use a previously unused utensil (e.g. fork or spoon) to retrieve the food item.
Last Updated 2/11/22