New Faculty Orientation
Welcome to Clarion university!
New Faculty Orientation:
- Center for Computing Services - For information on accounts and other services available to faculty and students at Clarion University, visit the Center's web site. For assistance please call the Help Desk at x2640 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Learning Technology Center (LTC) - The Learning and Technology Center (LTC) provides support for faculty interested in integrating technology into their teaching and research through professional development opportunities and technology resources. The LTC staff assist faculty in instructional design, course management, and technology integration. Our goal is to help faculty choose the most effective application to enhance teaching and learning. The LTC is a unit of the Center for Computing Services
- Desire2Learn - Many faculty use Desire2Learn (D2L) learning management system to supplement their face-2-face classes. Instructors can put their syllabus online, post their office hours, post grades for students viewing (password protected), send email, and much more. Contact the Learning and Technology Center staff for more information.
- MyClarion Portal - MyClarion is the student information system for Clarion University. Students, faculty, and staff utilize MyClarion for registration, grades, financial aid, billing, and many other services.
- Clarion eMail - The e-mail system for faculty/staff (called Exchange/Office365) provides expanded e-mail, calendaring, 50GB of storage quota, along with integration options for mobile devices. Outlook within Office and/or Outlook Web Access (OWA) can be used for accessing faculty e-mail.
- Smart Classrooms - Clarion University supports the use of technology in the classroom and has a large number of smart classrooms and wireless access installed on campus.
- MS One Drive - Faculty have 1 TB of file storage. Users can create or open files, make changes, and save them directly to the server and retrieve them at other locations on campus.