Faculty and Staff Training Opportunities
The Learning Technology Center offers a variety of workshops focused on both the pedagogical and technical information needed to assist faculty in developing rich, interactive learning experiences for students in both online or face-2-face classes. Each semester workshops are announced through the ALL-L listserv via the LTC Newsletter.
Spring 2021 Training Opportunities
To facilitate participation, the LTC offers face-2-face and online training sessions each semester. Registration is not required but is preferred for notification and planning purposes.
All sessions will be conducted via zoom. Click a tab below to view details and to
Please check back as workshops will continue to be added. LTC workshops are intended for faculty and staff only.
This session will cover everything you need to know about customizing what students see when starting and submitting their online quiz attempt(s). Topics will include:
- customizing quiz instructions
- postponing quiz grades display
- customizing quiz results viewing time frame
- best practices for online quizzes and question strategies will be covered if time allows
This session will review how to fix quiz question scores for all attempts after discovering an error in the question or answer selection.
Need a Custom training for your department or group?
Please call the LTC at x1848 or email ltcsupport to discuss possibilities for your training needs.Basic workshops :
- D2L Introduction
- Getting Started with Clickers
- Setting Up your D2L Gradebook
- Smart Classroom training
Advanced workshops with a focus on pedagogy include:
- Developing content for D2L through text, images, and audio
- Using D2L discussion forums for effective teaching and learning
- Developing small group work in online and face2face courses
- Developing effective quizzes and quizzing strategies in D2L
- Quality Matters: Evaluating Your Only Course using the QM Rubric