Refund Schedules For Specific Terms
For additional questions, please contact the Student Financial Services office by calling (814) 393-1071 or (800) 672-7171 (opt. 4) or by emailing email@example.com.
The refund guidelines established by the PA State System of Higher Education Board of Governors Policy 1983-19-A: Refund of Tuition and Fees are as follows:
Each university shall establish a refund policy in accordance with Board policy.
1. Students who are enrolled in regular session classes or a combination of regular and 7-week session classes
- Are eligible for a 100% refund if all classes are dropped prior to the end of drop/add
- Are eligible for a percentage refund if all classes are withdrawn during the refund
period (see tuition adjustment schedule for the dates and percentages)
2. Students who are only enrolled in 7-week session classes
- Are eligible for a 100% refund if all classes are dropped prior to the end of drop/add for that session
- Are eligible for a percentage refund if all classes for that session are withdrawn
during the refund period (see tuition adjustment schedule for the dates and percentages)
3. Students who complete a full semester withdrawal after the drop period will receive a refund for tuition and Clarion University mandatory student fees and housing based on the following schedule. There will be no refund for the technology fee after the end of the drop period. There will be no refund for tuition and Clarion University mandatory student fees after the end of 40 % refund period.
(Percent of Enrollment Period Completed)
(Regular 15-Week Session)
|0 - 8.50%||100%||Through Week 1 "Drop Period"|
|8.51 - 12.50%||80%||Through Week 2|
|12.51 - 19.44%||60%||Through Week 3|
|19.45 - 26.39%||50%||Through Week 4|
|26.40 - 33.33%||40%||Through Week 5|
|> 33.33%||0%||After Week 5|
* To see tuition adjustment schedules and term specific dates, please review the schedules at the top of this page prior to the start of each semester.
4. Full refund of tuition, the technology fee, and Clarion University mandatory student fees shall be granted to students of State System universities who are military reservists or members of the National Guard and are ordered to active military service by the President of the United States or the Governor of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
5. Refunds for housing are prorated based upon the University refund schedule and may be subject to contract cancellation fees, which are outlined in the housing contract. Refunds for dining will be based on usage and determined by the Residence Life Office. All housing and dining refund decisions made by the Residence Life Office are final. Please refer any questions to the Residence Life Office.
6. Refunds for Medical Withdrawals – The Provost or designee has the authority to
issue up to a full refund for tuition and Clarion University mandatory student fees
for medical reasons. A student must request a refund for medical reasons by contacting
the Student Financial Services Office and providing a medical excuse signed by a medical doctor (M.D. or D.O.) stating that the student cannot complete the semester due to medical
reasons. The amount of the refund will be determined at the time of the request.
Housing and Dining will be prorated based upon the university refund schedule. Medical
withdrawal refunds will not be granted for requests that are received by the Student
Financial Services Office more than 90 days after the end of the semester for which
the medical withdrawal is being requested.
Please note: Students receiving financial assistance from Clarion University are subject to the same refund policies as those who are not aid recipients.
Please note: Students, who are considering withdrawing or reducing their credit hour load, should contact the Student Financial Services Office first to determine the impact on their financial aid awards.
Refund Policy for 7-Week Sessions
Applies to students not enrolled in the regular 15-week session
7-week session courses will be refunded based upon the portion of the enrollment period completed at the time of the withdrawal, provided the student is not enrolled in the regular session. See the Refund Schedule above for refund period/percentage calculations.
Refund schedules with dates will be available at the top of this page prior to the start of each semester.