5K for 5 Causes Run-Walk
5K for 5 Causes fun Run-Walk
To kick-off Come Together Clarion, the Brothers of Sigma Phi Epsilon Fraternity are
hosting a fun family friendly, healthy start to our day. Anyone is welcome to participate
in the 5K, as an individual, family, or organization.
All proceeds from the 5K will directly benefit 5 local philanthropies which include:
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Clarion, Forest, and Venango Counties
- Clarion County YMCA
- Clarion University Relay for Life
- National Multiple Sclerosis Society – Northwest Pennsylvania Chapter
- Northwest Pennsylvania Rural AIDS Alliance
The event information is listed below. If you would like to participate in the 5K, please complete the registration form at the bottom of this page.
Date: Saturday, April 29, 2017
Pre-Registration: See form below
On-site Registration: 9 a.m. -10 a.m.
Race Time: 10 a.m.
Cost: Pre-Registration = $15
Day-of Registration = $20
Location: Intersection of 6th Avenue and Wood Street, Clarion, PA 16214
This event will be scored by The Runner's High using the ChampionChip Timing System. On race day, runners will be issued a rental computer chip which is attached to the shoe lace and worn throughout the race. Special mats at the finish will record a finishing time for each chip. All rental chips must be returned at the finish line.
You will need to make sure that you find a convenient parking spot that will allow you to access your car as needed throughout your day while you are participating in all of the activities. There will be limited street parking around the event on Main Street, Wood Street, and 6th Avenue. There are also public parking lots available in walking distance, just a few short blocks away in the following locations: On Madison Avenue between 5th and 6th Avenues, beside the Courthouse, and on Merle Road between 5th and 6th Avenues (behind the Clarion Volunteer Fire Department).
The CourseIf you are familiar with the Clarion area you can follow along with these directions for the course.
- Begin on 6th Avenue at the intersection of Wood Street and 6th Avenue
- Follow through Boundary Street to Corbett Street
- Cross Greenville Pike to Grand Avenue
- Turn Right onto Grand Avenue
- Proceed to the Clarion Moose Lodge #101
- Turn around and proceed North on Grand Avenue
- Follow on Grand Avenue toward Wood Street
- Continue Left onto Wood Street
- Turn Right onto 9th Avenue
- Cross Route 322 and proceed onto 9th Avenue
- Turn Left onto Liberty Street
- Finish at the intersection of Liberty Street and 6th Avenue
All questions may be directed to Alex Hargenrader, at email@example.com.