Due to the extremely cold temperatures and wind chills expected to pass through our area late Tuesday night through Friday morning all classes for Wednesday, January 30 and Thursday, January 31 are canceled on both the Clarion Campus and Venango Campus
Classes will resume on Friday, February. 1,
- Student workers and graduate assistants should check with their supervisors regarding their work schedules for Wednesday and Thursday.
- All employees should report to work as scheduled on Wednesday and Thursday, following a regular schedule.
- Faculty are encouraged to provide notice to students regarding work to be completed or how class time will be made up following the closure through on-line contact.
- Students participating in student teaching should follow their assigned school district schedule.
- Students completing field work such as internships and clinical rotations should follow the schedule of their site.
- Athletic events and other activities will proceed as scheduled.
- Food service in all campus venues will be available during regular hours.
- The University Recreation Center will be open for regular hours.
- Carlson Library will be open for regular hours.
- The Center for Health and Wellness will be open during its regular hours.
On the Venango Campus the Suhr Library, the Fitness Center and The CrossRhoades Café will be available during regular hours.
All related updates will be posted to the University website.
We encourage you to check the website periodically for any changes to this information.
The National Weather Service (NWS) predicts dangerously cold wind chills as low as 30 below zero beginning early Wednesday morning and continuing through early Friday Morning.
The safety of our students and employees is of utmost importance. Please take all necessary precautions as the frigid temperatures move into our region.