Last night at approximately 6:55 p.m., a vehicle accident occurred at the intersection of 8th Avenue and Wood Street. A male fled from the scene of the accident. Approximately 20 minutes later, Clarion Borough Police were dispatched to an apartment on Heidrick Street for a person who was stabbed. Responding officers determined the male suspect in the stabbing was the male who had fled the scene of the motor vehicle accident. The male was located at 8:38 p.m. in the residence of the owner of the vehicle that was involved in the accident at 8th and Wood. A detailed news story is accessible via the following link:
Clarion University issued an Eagle Alert when we became aware that borough police were searching for the subject near campus. An additional alert was issued when the suspect was apprehended by police. Residence Life and campus police were on alert and provided oversight to ensure the safety of our students and staff.
If you have not done so, please sign up for Eagle Alerts at http://www.clarion.edu/eaglealerts to receive information as soon as possible. None of the individuals involved are Clarion students, and the actions did not occur on university property.
Please keep in mind the following safety tips while on campus or traveling off campus:
- Stay alert to your surroundings at all times.
- Use the bus service when traveling at night.
- Stay close to friends and do not interact with strangers.
- Do not approach suspicious persons or vehicles.
- Avoid using devices that impair your hearing or sight while walking.
- Do not open apartment or residence hall doors unless you know who is on the other side of the door.
- Report any suspicious incidents, persons or vehicles to Campus Police at 814-393-2111 or off campus to 911.