Apply to a Living Learning Community
living learning communities at Venango
Living Learning Communities (LLC's) provide students the opportunity to live in an environment with others who share similar academic and career interests. Students live and attend classes together, form study groups, and explore common career aspirations. Venango offers LLC's in Nursing and in Medical Imaging/Respiratory Care, and are conveniently located in the student apartment complex across the street from the campus.
What can I expect from being part of a LLC?
- Start the year off with a Leadership Retreat full of obstacle courses, challenges and new adventures
- Network with health care professionals from the region
- Tour facilities: UPMC Trauma Center and Lake Erie College of Medicine Cadaver Lab
- Participate in end of the year excursions
Past trips include travel to:
- New York City
- Discovery Center Body Worlds Exhibit, NYC.
- National Institute of Health, Washington, D.C.
- National Museum of Military Medical History, Washington, D.C.
Comments from past LLC Members:
"This has been a great experience, especially with getting to know other people in
your major and making friends. Going to the trauma center in Pittsburgh was amazing
and really showed you what being in a hospital is like."
-1st year Nursing student
-1st year Respiratory Care student
"You get to learn about your personality and leadership styles and also interact with professionals in the hospitals that give you good advice about how to get jobs and what to expect in your clinicals and other places." -first year Medical Imaging student