Clarion University — Venango security & safety information
The University's Safety Department is responsible for ensuring that proper safety procedures are followed in all areas of campus. Departmental safety responsibilities include Fire Safety, Emergency Planning and Preparedness, Hazardous Material Management, and Occupational Safety.
Tips for Campus Safety:
- Know your surroundings and trust your instincts.
- Keep phone numbers of campus safety in your cell for emergency: +1 814 393 2111.
- Lock your door: do not loan your key to friends.
- Do not accept drinks (alcoholic or non-alcoholic) from others. Remember that alcohol is the #1 date-rape drug.
- When you go out, let someone know where you're going & when you plan to be back.
- Do not prop open doors.
- Use caution when posting personal information on Facebook, Twitter, SnapChat and other social networking sites.
CLARION UNIVERSITY OF PENNSYLVANIA
A member of the State System of Higher Education
NOTICE OF AVAILABILITY
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (20USC1092(f)) is the landmark federal law, originally known as the Campus Security Act, that requires colleges and universities across the United States to disclose information about crime on and around their campuses. The law is tied to an institution's participation in federal student aid programs. It applies to most institutions of higher education. The Act is enforced by the United States Department of Education.
Jason Hendershot, Chief of Police
+1 814 393 2111