Personal Enrichment Courses
One-On-One Computer Training
Have a new device or trying to adjust a new operating system and feeling a little lost or overwhelmed? Want to try something new, or become better acquainted with the programs? One-on-one tutoring can make the difference. No matter what operating system you have we will show you the basics and help you do the things you want to do most, including:
- Windows 10
- Computer Basics
- Internet 101
- Email 101
- Document and Photo Management 101
- Samsung Smartphone Basics (Android)
- Word Processing 101
- Spreadsheets 101
- And More!
If you are looking for something more complex, no problem – we can handle those requests too. The advantage of one-on-one training is that we focus directly on you and proceed at a speed you’re comfortable with. Purchase just one-hour, or as many as you need.
Daytime or evening hours available.
Instructor: Holly L Gibbons
If you love to sing, this class is for you. This large vocal ensemble offers you a rich musical experience. The class meets at Good Hope Lutheran Church at 800 Moran Street, Oil City, Pa. Good Hope offers scholarships covering 50 percent of the tuition. Applications are available in the office of Venango Campus Continuing Education. Concert Sunday, May 5.
Mondays, February 18 - April 29
7:30 p.m. – 9:30 p.m.
Instructor: Beth Orris
JUDO and Self-Defense sport program on CUP campus since it’s founding in FALL OF 1963 and is led by the same coach, Andor Paposi-Jobb, Sensei, USA Masters and World Masters Champion. Learn basic self-defense for law-abiding citizens and sport judo for fitness, competition and self-esteem.
Venango Campus; Rhoades Gymnasium
Wednesdays, January 16 - May 1
6:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Adult registration: $55
Youth Registration: $45
(50 percent for second immediate family member)
Sensei and Founder: Dr. Andor Jobb; USA and World-Masters Judo-Champion (Hachidan)
8th degree black belt in JUDO
9th degree black belt in JIU-JITSU
Paraprofessional Highly Qualified Teacher Aide Training
- Become a highly qualified paraprofessional in accordance with No Child Left Behind
- Allows you to work as a teacher aide in school districts, and other institutions which accept the program
- Quality program presented for the past five years
- Excellent presenters who are practicing professors, teachers, administrators, and supervisors
- Four days of workshops followed by one day of assessment (based on information from workshops)
- Relevant topics include: Roles & Responsibilities, Mathematics, Child Development, Writing Skills, Special Education (full day workshop), Reading Skills, and Behavior Management
“The presenters were very knowledgeable and interesting.”
“A lot of the knowledge I acquired through this workshop I used during my interview – I got the job I wanted!”