The Office of Career Services at Clarion University — Venango is dedicated to providing career advisement services specifically for the Venango campus population and, on occasion, to adult members of the surrounding community.
Career Services offers a variety of support to assist students in selecting a college major or making a career choice. Career planning is treated as a dynamic process that is in a state of constant development throughout one's life. Our society offers abundant choices, but careers do not just happen. Suitable career choices are the result of developing a plan through a systematic, multi-step process of self-exploration.
The pathway you follow to your future career should never be left to chance. You can determine the direction of your career and of your professional life with the guidance of our staff and through the use of the many resources we have to offer at Career Services.
Career Assessment and Exploration
- Online occupational career assessment
- Internet information and inventories
- Individual assessment interviews
- Internet research
- Career reference materials
- Re-careering information for returning adults
- Job shadowing opportunities
- Employment/mentor program
- Annual job fairs and other employer visitations
Job Search Skills
- Resume and cover letter writing skills
- Mock interviewing
- Effective interviewing tips
- Job-search development strategies
- Classroom presentations pertaining to major offerings
College Transition Information
- Adapting to the college environment
- How to choose a major
- What you can do with the major you choose
- How to keep yourself marketable
What's in it for me?
- A logical step-by-step program
- Assistance with selecting a college major
- Confidential interview with a qualified counselor
- Assistance with career and job research and educational requirements
- Convenient office hours
- State-of-the-art computer software programs
- Knowledge of skills needed to land a job