Dr. Julia Aaron
DEGREES EARNED / CERTIFICATIONS / PROFESSIONAL TRAINING
- Ph.D. Philosophy, University of Rochester, 1990
- M.A. Philosophy, University of Rochester, 1986
- B.A. Philosophy, Wayne State University, 1983
- A.A. Henry Ford Community College, 1981
PRIMARY COURSES TAUGHT
- Environmental Philosophy
- Critical Thinking
- Truth Telling
MOST RECENT PUBLICATIONS / PRESENTATIONS
- "Truth-Telling and Trust," American Philosophical Association, December 28, 2013
- "Would a Virtuous Person Always Forgive?" 39th Conference on Value Inquiry: Virtue, Vice, and Character, April 12, 2013
- "Refusing to Forgive and Responsibility," Pittsburgh Area Philosophy Colloquium, September 8, 2012
- "A Pragmatic Focus on Humans" in Just Ecological Integrity: The Ethics of Maintaining Planetary
- Life, Peter Miller and Laura Westra, eds. (Rowman and Littlefield, 2002).
- Having and Raising Children: Unconventional Families, Hard Choices, and the Social Good, Uma Narayan & Julia J. Bartkowiak, eds. (State College: Penn State University Press, 1999).
- "Fear of God: Religious Education and the Common Good," in Having and Raising Children, Uma Narayan & Julia J. Bartkowiak, eds. (State College: Penn State University Press, 1999).
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Rush Rhees Fellowship, 1984-87: University of Rochester
- University Fellowship, 1984-88: University of Rochester
CURRENT PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS
- American Philosophical Association
- American Association of Philosophy Teachers