Dr. Miguel R. Olivas-Luján
DEGREES EARNED / CERTIFICATIONS / PROFESSIONAL TRAINING
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph. D.) in Business Administration, 2003, University of Pittsburgh
- Master in Business Administration (M.B.A.), International Business concentration, 1992, Tecnológico de Monterrey (Mexico)
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.), Computer Engineering, 1989, Tecnológico de Monterrey
PRIMARY COURSES TAUGHT
- Leadership & Organizations
- Nonprofit Management
- Marketing for Nonprofits
- Management Theory & Practice
- Labor Relations & Public Policy
- Business, Society & Corporate Conduct
- Gender & Diversity in Management & Marketing
- Global Leadership
- Operations Management & Information Systems
- Business Strategy
- Human Resources & Technology Across Countries
- Compensation & Management in Nonprofits
- Cultural Values & Ethics in Business
MOST RECENT PUBLICATIONS / PRESENTATIONS
- Madero, S.M. & Olivas-Luján, M.R. (forthcoming). Human Resource Management in Mexico, Central America and the Caribbean. Handbook of Research on Comparative Human Resource Management (2nd. ed.), by Brewster, C.; Mayrhofer, W. and Farndale, E. (eds.), Edward Elgar Publishing.
Hermans, M., Newburry, W., Alvarado-Vargas, M. J., Baldo-Ortiz, C.M.; Borda, A., Duran-Zurita, E.D.; Geleilate, J.M.G.; Guerra, M.; Lasio Morello, M.V.; Madero-Gómez, S.M.; Olivas-Lujan, M. R., and Zwerg-Villegas, A.M. (2017). Attitudes towards Women's Career Advancement in Latin America: The Moderating Impact of Perceived Company International Proactiveness. Journal of International Business Studies. 48: 90-112. DOI 10.1057/s41267-016-0039-7.
- Blancero, D.M.; Olivas-Luján, M.R.; and Stone, D.L.(2014). Introduction to Hispanic and Latin American Work Issues. J of Managerial Psych. 25(6): 602-3.
- Power, J.L.; Brotheridge, C.M.; Blenkinsopp, J.; Olivas-Luján, M.R.; and Nnedumm, A.U.O. (2013). Acceptability of Workplace Bullying: A Comparative Study on Six Continents. J of Bus. Res. 66(3): 374–380.
- Olivas-Luján, M.R. and Florkowski, G.W. (2010). Does IT Governance Matter in e-HRM? Int. J of Bus. Inf. Sys. 5(2): 134-147.
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Outstanding Service as MED (Management Education & Development) division Chair-Elect, 2017, Academy of Management (AOM).
- Outstanding Reviewer Award (AOM-MED 2017; Eastern AOM 2015).
- Best Iberoamerican Paper, 8th Meeting, Iberoamerican Academy of Management, São Paolo, Brazil, Dec. 2013.
- COBAIS Researcher of the Year Award; 1st place, 2016, 2013, 2008. Recognitions: 2014, 2011, 2010.
- Beta Gamma Sigma, Honor Society for AACSB International top graduates; 2004.
- Multiple grants, awards and scholarships at institutional (Clarion U.; U. of Pittsburgh and Tec de Monterrey), national (Mexico's National Researchers' System) and international levels (Canada's SSHRC).
CURRENT PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS
- Academy of Management, Education & Development (MED) Division Chairperson, 2014-19.
- Academy of International Business (AIB).
- Editorial boards: J Managerial Psych (JMP), J Applied Mgmt. & Entrep. (JAME), South Asian J Global Business Res. (SAJGBR), J Managerial Issues (JMI)
Dr. Olivas' resume shows more than one-hundred professional presentations and articles in journals, books, and business magazines and newspapers. He has taught more than a dozen different courses at Clarion and the University of Pittsburgh, in addition to teaching in universities in other countries (e.g., Mexico and Germany). His work has been published in English, Spanish, French and Portuguese. Dr. Olivas is fluent in English (full), Spanish (full), French (85%), Italian (80%), German, Dutch, and Irish (basic). He enjoys playing easy listening music in guitar, keyboards and other instruments, and earned a Korean-origin martial arts Black Belt in 2012.