Dr. Miguel R. Olivas-Luján
DEGREES EARNED / CERTIFICATIONS / PROFESSIONAL TRAINING
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph. D.) in Business Administration, 2003, University of Pittsburgh
- Master in Business Administration (M.B.A.), International Business concentration, 1992, Tecnológico de Monterrey (Mexico)
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.), Computer Engineering, 1989, Tecnológico de Monterrey
PRIMARY COURSES TAUGHT
- Leadership & Organizations
- Nonprofit Management
- Marketing for Nonprofits
- Management Theory & Practice
- Labor Relations & Public Policy
- Business, Society & Corporate Conduct
- Gender & Diversity in Management & Marketing
- Global Leadership
- Operations Management & Information Systems
- Business Strategy
- Human resources and technology across countries
- Compensation and management in nonprofits
- Cultural values and ethics in business
MOST RECENT PUBLICATIONS / PRESENTATIONS
- Campos-García, I.O. and colleagues (2019). Managing Gender Diversity in Companies Operating in Different National Contexts: The Case of Spanish MNCs in Latin American Countries. In Georgiadou et al. (Eds.). Diversity within Diversity Management. Emerald Group Publishing, Bingley, UK.
- Gutiérrez-Martínez, I.O. & Olivas-Luján, M.R. (2019). Managing Workplace Inequality in Mexico: An Analysis of Gender, Age and (Dis)Ability Status. In Georgiadou et al. (Eds.). Diversity within Diversity Management. Emerald Group Publishing, Ltd. Bingley, UK.
- Salin, D. and colleagues. (2018). Prevention of and Interventions in Workplace Bullying: A Global Study of Human Resource Professionals' Reflections on Preferred Action. IJHRM. DOI 10.1080/09585192.2018.1460857.
- Hermans, M. and colleagues. (2017). Attitudes towards Women's Career Advancement in Latin America: The Moderating Impact of Perceived Company International Proactiveness. JIBS. DOI 10.1057/s41267-016-0039-7.
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Outstanding Service as MED (Management Education & Development) division Chairman, 2014-19, Academy of Management (AOM).
- Outstanding Reviewer Award (AOM-MED 2017, 2018; Eastern AOM 2015).
- Distinguished Visiting Professor, Technische Hochschule Deggendorf (Germany) and Uniwersytet Marii Curie-Skłodowskiej (Poland).
- COBAIS Researcher of the Year Award; 1st place, 2016, 2013, 2008. Recognitions: 2014, 2011, 2010.
- Beta Gamma Sigma, Honor Society for AACSB International top graduates; 2004.
CURRENT PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS
- Academy of Management, Education & Development (MED) Division Chairperson, 2014-19.
- Academy of International Business (AIB).
- Editorial boards: J Managerial Psych (JMP), J Applied Mgmt. & Entrep. (JAME), South Asian J Global Business Res. (SAJGBR), J Managerial Issues (JMI)
Dr. Olivas' resume includes more than 100 professional presentations and articles in journals, books, and business magazines and newspapers. He has taught more than a dozen different courses at Clarion, at the University of Pittsburgh, as well as in universities in other countries (e.g., Mexico, Germany, Poland). His work has been published in English, Spanish, French and Portuguese. Dr. Olivas is fluent in English (full), Spanish (full), French (85 percent), Italian (80 percent), German, Dutch, Irish, Polish, and Portuguese (basic). He enjoys singing and playing easy-listening music in guitar, keyboards and other instruments. He earned a martial arts Black Belt in 2012.