Dr. Gustavo Barboza
Degrees Earned / Certifications / Professional Training
- Ph.D. Agricultural Economics, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, 1997.
- M.S. Agricultural Economics, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, 1994.
- Licentiate. Economics, Universidad de Costa Rica, San José, Costa Rica, 1989.
- B.S. Economics, Universidad de Costa Rica, San José, Costa Rica, 1988.
Primary Courses Taught
- Administrative Decision Making (capstone BSBA)
- Strategic Decision Making (capstone MBA),
- Global Business Leadership (undergraduate and MBA)
1. Corporate social responsibility
2. Financial literacy and education
3. Trade openness economic growth, culture & technological knowledge
4. Spatial econometrics
5. Micro credit
Most Recent Publications / Presentations
1. "The Interrelationship of Labor Flexibility Components, Fundamental Processes Alignment and Innovation. A Worker's Perspective." Revista de Contaduria y Administracion. Forthcoming. 2014 with Sergio Madero.
2. "Dynamic Estimation of the Relationship between Trade Openness and Output Growth in Asia". Journal of Asian Economics Forthcoming. 2014, with Sandra Trejos.
3. "The Role of Trans-Generational Financial Knowledge and Self-Reported Financial Literacy on Borrowing Practices and Debt Accumulation of College Students", Journal of Personal Finance. Forthcoming Fall 2014, with Chad Smith.
4. "Corporate Social Responsibility and Horizontal Differentiation in Imperfect Competitive Markets with Global Warming Effects". Journal of Reviews for Global Economics. Vol 2, 9-24, 2013, with Sandra Trejos.
5. "A Spatial Econometrics Analysis of Cultural Dimensions, Technology Knowledge and Economic Growth" Review of Development Economics, April 2012, 16.2: 262-275. with Val Pede.
Honors and Awards
- 2013. Phi Kappa Phi, Honor Society Member
- 2013. Society for the Advancement of Management. Third Place National Thomas Greensmith Open Case Competition, Clarion-SAM Advisor
- 2012. Beta Gamma Sigma AACSB Honor Society President, Clarion University of PA, Chapter
- 2011. Outstanding Faculty Advisor Award. Society for the Advancement of Management
- 2010. Society for the Advancement of Management, First Place National Case Competition. James Rutherford. Clarion-SAM Advisor
- 2010. Outstanding Faculty Advisor Award. Society for the Advancement of Management
- 2010. Excellent Teaching Award. National Leadership Society, Clarion University Chapter
Current Professional Associations
- American Economic Association
- Academy of Management
- International Association of Business Society
- Academy of Business Education
- Society for the Advancement of Management
- Midwest Economic Association
- Eastern Academy of Management