Dr. Gustavo Barboza
Degrees Earned / Certifications / Professional Training
- Ph.D. Agricultural Economics, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, 1997.
- M.S. Agricultural Economics, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, 1994.
- Licentiate. Economics, Universidad de Costa Rica, San José, Costa Rica, 1989.
- B.S. Economics, Universidad de Costa Rica, San José, Costa Rica, 1988.
Primary Courses Taught
- Administrative Decision Making (capstone BSBA)
- Strategic Decision Making (capstone MBA),
- Global Business Leadership (undergraduate and MBA)
1. Corporate social responsibility
2. Financial literacy and education
3. Trade openness economic growth, culture & technological knowledge
4. Spatial econometrics
5. Micro credit
Most Recent Publications / Presentations
- Barboza, Gustavo. "Endogenous Consumers' Preferences as Drivers of Green Corporate Social Responsibility." Forthcoming 2018. Social Responsibility Journal.
- Mishra, Ashok, V.O. Pede and G. Barboza "Perception of Climate Change and Impact on Land Allocation and Income: Empirical Evidence from Vietnam's Delta Region". Agricultural and Resources Economics Review. Forthcoming. 2018.
- Pede, Val., Adam H. Sparks, Justin D. McKinley, and Gustavo Barboza "Spatial considerations on the inequality and growth links. The case of provinces in the Philippines" Forthcoming, Journal of Asia Pacific Economy 23.3. (August 2018).
- Pede, Val., Gustavo Barboza, Harold Glenn A. Valera, Justin D. McKinley, Andrew M. McKenzie and Mohammad J. Alam. "Nonlinearities in Rice Price Dynamics in the Philippines: Evidence from a Smooth Transition Autoregressive (STAR) Approach" Forthcoming, International Journal of Applied Economics. (September 2018 issue).
- Barboza, Gustavo. "I will pay it tomorrow, or maybe the Day after, Issue on Credit Card Repayment" Dec 2017, Special Issue on Financial Literacy, Economic Notes.
Honors and Awards
- 2013. Phi Kappa Phi, Honor Society Member
- 2013. Society for the Advancement of Management. Third Place National Thomas Greensmith Open Case Competition, Clarion-SAM Advisor
- 2012. Beta Gamma Sigma AACSB Honor Society President, Clarion University of PA, Chapter
- 2011. Outstanding Faculty Advisor Award. Society for the Advancement of Management
- 2010. Society for the Advancement of Management, First Place National Case Competition. James Rutherford. Clarion-SAM Advisor
- 2010. Outstanding Faculty Advisor Award. Society for the Advancement of Management
- 2010. Excellent Teaching Award. National Leadership Society, Clarion University Chapter
Current Professional Associations
- American Economic Association
- Academy of Management
- International Association of Business Society
- Academy of Business Education
- Society for the Advancement of Management
- Midwest Economic Association
- Eastern Academy of Management