Dr. Ray Feroz
DEGREES EARNED / CERTIFICATIONS / PROFESSIONAL TRAINING
- Ph.D. Rehabilitation Counseling, 1983, University of Pittsburgh
- M.Ed. Counseling and Human Services, 1974, Boston University
- B.A. Sociology, 1972, Kent State University
- Certified Rehabilitation Counselor (CRC)
- National Certified Counselor (NCC)
- PA Licensed Professional Counselor (PA LPC)
- Human Services Board Certified Professional (HS-BCP)
PRIMARY COURSES TAUGHT
- REHB 460 Models of Human Service Delivery Systems
- REHB 475 Administration in Human Services
- REHB 575 Administering Rehabilitation Delivery Systems
- REHB 565 Seminar on Rehabilitative Service Delivery Systems
- REHB 538 Crisis Intervention in Rehabilitation
- Quality Improvement
- Organizational Behavior
- Workforce Planning
MOST RECENT PUBLICATIONS / PRESENTATIONS
- Feroz, R. & Fenwick M. (2014). Technology's impact on career development in Education. In Eliason, G., Eliason, T., Samide, J. & Patrick, J. (Eds.) Career Development Across the Lifespan. Counseling for Community, Schools, Higher Education, and Beyond. Greenwich, CT: Information Age Publishing.
- Feroz, R.& Fenwick, M. (2011). The Evolution of the Virtual Learning Environment and the Internet. In Samide, J. (Ed.) Career Development in Higher Education. Charlotte, NC: Information Age Publishing.
- Lui, J., Lui, K., Burkhalter, B. & Feroz, R. (2007). NRA – Creating a learning environment. Journal of Rehabilitation Administration. 31 (1), 15-22.
- Peterson, G. &Feroz, R. (2007). NRAA/NARL as a provider of professional training. Journal of Rehabilitation Administration. 31 (1), 7-14.
HONORS AND AWARDS
- President's Award, received from President H.S. "Butch" McMillan, 2009 President of the National Rehabilitation Association. September, 2009.
- Dr. Ralph N. Pacinelli Memorial Award for Leadership, presented by the Pennsylvania Rehabilitation Association. April, 2009.
- Social Equity Award, Clarion University, 2000.
- Region IX Leadership Award, American Association on Mental Retardation, 1988.
- Recognition Award for Outstanding Mental Health Professional of the Year. Venango County Mental Health/Mental Retardation Administration, 1987.
CURRENT PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS
- National Rehabilitation Association
2013 Member, Executive Director Search Committee
2009 Past President
- National Rehabilitation Counseling Association
1998 – 2000 Board Member-at-Large
- National Association for Rehabilitation Leadership
2006 Past President
2001- 2003 Secretary
1985 Regional Chair
- Pennsylvania Rehabilitation Association
2015 Board Member
2010 Past President
2008 First Vice Chairperson
2007 Second Vice Chairperson
- Pennsylvania Rehabilitation Administration Association
1990 – 1996 Secretary/Treasurer
- Pennsylvania Rehabilitation Counseling Association
- Rehabilitation Counselors and Educators Association
2007 Past President
2006 Founding President
- Rehabilitation Counselors and Educators Journal
2007 - Present Founding Co-Editor