Dr. Mark Lepore
DEGREES EARNED / CERTIFICATIONS / PROFESSIONAL TRAINING
- Ed.D. Doctorate in Executive Counselor Education and Supervision, (CACREP Accreditation), Duquesne University, 2004
- MSW Master's in Social Work, West Virginia University, 1995
- MA in Human Services Administration, Duquesne University, 1984
- Principal Certification, Carnegie-Mellon University, 2002
PRIMARY COURSES TAUGHT
- Rehabilitative Science and Human Service courses
- Grief and Loss
- Crisis Intervention
- At-Risk Behaviors of Youth
MOST RECENT PUBLICATIONS / PRESENTATIONS
- Lepore, M. (2015) Adventures in America: Easing the Transition of Refugees in School and Community. Making Connections: Interdisciplinary Approaches to Cultural Diversity: July 2015, Vol. 16, No. 1, pp. 11-24.
- Lepore, M. (2014) Convert to Work: Navigating the Passage from School to Work for Graduates with Mental Health Challenges. In Eliason, G., Eliason, T., Samide, J., & Patrick, J. (Eds.). Career Development Across the Lifespan: Counseling for Community, Schools, Higher Education, and Beyond. Greenwich, CT: Information Age Publishing.
- Story, L. and Lepore, M. (2014) Social Cognitive Career Theory (SCCT): Lent, Brown, and Hackett. In Eliason, G., Eliason, T., Samide, J., & Patrick, J. (Eds.). Career Development Across the Lifespan: Counseling for Community, Schools, Higher Education, and Beyond. Greenwich, CT: Information Age Publishing
- Lepore, M. and Petrella, J. (2014) Improving Self-Concept through Experiential Learning and Individualized Instruction. In Eliason, G., Eliason, T., Samide, J., & Patrick, J. (Eds.). Career Development Across the Lifespan: Counseling for Community, Schools, Higher Education, and Beyond. Greenwich, CT: Information Age Publishing
HONORS AND AWARDS
- 2014 Volunteer Recognition, Fifteen Years of Dedicated Service, American Red Cross Disaster Services and Service to the Armed Forces
- 2011 Honor, Educator Hero. American Red Cross Southwestern Pennsylvania Region
- 2008 Award, Ten Year Meritorious Service Recognition, American Red Cross
- 2007, 2005, 2001, Award, Outstanding Volunteer Recognition, American Red Cross.
- 2002 Award, Lifetime Membership Award by the Pennsylvania Congress of PTAs for outstanding contribution to students and families
CURRENT PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS
- Member, American Counseling Association (ACA)
- Member, former Journal Editor, Pennsylvania Counseling Association (PCA)
- Advisory Council Member, The Mine Families First Response and Communications
- Committee for New Curriculum Development, ARC, SAF
Dr. Lepore has extensive knowledge of counseling psychology and counseling supervision gained from not only academic work, but also 20 years of clinical practice. Areas of specialty include school counseling, crisis counseling, using cognitive behavioral therapy, and grief and loss counseling. His instructional strategies are bolstered by many experiences working in the field of counseling and education. He uses these experiences to engage students to help them to understand the importance of the material and increase their understanding of subject matter.