Dr. Jesse A. Haight
DEGREES EARNED / CERTIFICATIONS / PROFESSIONAL TRAINING
- D.Ed. (2011) Indiana University of Pennsylvania
- M.Ed. (2004) Gannon University
- BSED Secondary Social Studies (1999) Edinboro University
PRIMARY COURSES TAUGHT
- ED 337 Methods of Teaching and Evaluating Social Studies
- ECH 416 Learning and Teaching Social Studies: Grades 1-4
- EDML 325 Teaching Middle Level Social Studies
- ED 424/425 Student Teaching Supervision
- Collective Efficacy and Hope Professional Leadership Assessment
MOST RECENT PUBLICATIONS / PRESENTATIONS
- Haight, J.A. (2016, December). Using College Councils to Take Informed Action in Social Studies. Session Presentation at the NCSS National Conference, Washington D.C.
- Haight, J.A. (2016, October). Interdisciplinary Learning for a Changing Planet. Session Presentation at the PCSS State Conference, Harrisburg, PA.
- Haight, J.A., Hilbert, T.A., & Deen, A.L. (2016, October). Bridging the Gap between Fantasy and Reality: Bringing Fantasy into Critical Thinking. Presentation at the PCSS State Conference, Harrisburg, PA.
- Snedecor, M. & Haight, J. A. (2016, April). The Flex Classroom: Synchronous Learning in an Asynchronous Environment or Asynchronous Learning in a Synchronous Environment? Why not both? Session Presentation at the NSTSC Conference, West Chester, PA.
- Haight, J.A. (2015, November). Above and Beyond: Increasing Social Studies Relevance through Field Experience. Session Presentation at the NCSS National Conference, New Orleans, LA.
HONORS AND AWARDS
- 2014 Student Athletic Advisory Committee Faculty of the Year
CURRENT PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS
- National Council for the Social Studies
- Pennsylvania Council for the Social Studies
- Association of Teacher Educators
- Pennsylvania Association of Colleges and Teacher Educators