Last Updated 5/12/17
Dr. Kate Overmoyer
DEGREES EARNED / CERTIFICATIONS / PROFESSIONAL TRAINING
- B.A. in Mathematics from The Pennsylvania State University (Minors: Computer Science
and Statistics), 2005
- M.A. in Mathematics from Bowling Green State University, 2007
- Ph.D. in Mathematics from Bowling Green State Univeristy, 2011
PRIMARY COURSES TAUGHT
- Math 270: Calculus I
- Math 321: Intermediate Applied Statistics
- Math 470: Real Analysis
- Math 300: Introduction to Advanced Mathematics
- Math 221: Elementary Applied Statistics
- Math 232: Calculus for Business I
- Functional Analysis
- Operator Theory
MOST RECENT PUBLICATIONS / PRESENTATIONS
- "Non-synthetic diagonal operators on the space of functions analytic on the unit
disk," with Steven M. Seubert (to appear in the Rocky Mountain Journal of Mathematics).
- "Writing Assignments in an Introduction to Mathematics Course," presented at the
2014 Joint Mathematics Meeting.
- "Reflections on Teaching Real Analysis," presented at the 2013 Allegheny Mountain
- "The Growth of Entire Functions," presented at the 2012 Allegheny Mountain MAA Meeting.
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Dissertation Fellow, Bowling Green State University, 2010-2011.
- Graduate Assistant Excellence in Teaching Award, Bowling Green State University, 2011.
- Judyta and Bronislaw Blass Memorial Scholarship, Bowling Green State University, 2006.
CURRENT PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS
- Mathematical Association of America