Dr. Kurt J. Regester
DEGREES EARNED / CERTIFICATIONS / PROFESSIONAL TRAINING
- Ph.D. Zoology, 2007, Southern Illinois University
PRIMARY COURSES TAUGHT
- BIOL 494: Population Biology
- BIOL 492: Animal Behavior
- BIOL 428: Ornithology
- BIOL 411: Wildlife Ecology and Management
- Wildlife biology, freshwater ecology, amphibians and reptiles
MOST RECENT PUBLICATIONS / PRESENTATIONS
- Regester, K. J., M. C. Allender, and K. Hayward. In press. Surveillance for the Snake Fungal Disease Pathogen Ophidiomyces ophiodiicola in the Eastern Massasauga Rattlesnake (Sistrurus c. catenatus), Pennsylvania, USA.
- Regester, K. J, H. C. Eisenman, J. L. Stragand, and C. S. Brooks. 2016. First Reported Detection of the Amphibian Pathogens Batrachochytrium dendrobatidis and Ranavirus in the Common Mudpuppy (Necturus m. maculosus). Herpetological Review 47: 397–400.
- Unger, S. D, E. J. Chapman, K. J. Regester, and R. N. Williams. 2016. Genetic patterns follow dendritic patterns in the Eastern Hellbender (Cryptobranchus a. alleganiensis). Herpetological Conservation and Biology 11: 40–51.
- Presentation at the 2016 conference of the Pennsylvania Chapter of the Wildlife Society and the American Society of Foresters: Ecology of the Eastern Hellbender (Cryptobranchus alleganiensis) in western Pennsylvania.
- Plenary presentation at the 2015 conference of the Pennsylvania Chapter of the Wildlife Society: Diseases of amphibians and reptiles in Pennsylvania: status and directions for research.
HONORS AND AWARDS
Mentored Student Awards
- R. Berry and T. Braunagel, Best Student Poster, 2017, PA Mtg., Wildlife Society
- C. Buell and N. Skelton, Best Undergraduate Student Poster, 2015, PA Mtg., Wildlife Society
- N. Hepfl, et al., Best Undergraduate Student Poster, 2013, Commonwealth of PA Biologists
- C. Roskosh and T. Hummel, Best Graduate Student Poster, 2012, PA Mtg., Wildlife Society
- A. Simpson and J. Martz, Best Undergraduate Student Poster, 2012, PA Mtg., Wildlife Society
- L. Bobnar, Felbaum Student Award, 2010, PA Mtg., Wildlife Society
- H. Simpson, France Allison Student Award, 2009, Clarion University Honors Program
Outstanding Community Service Award, 2010-2011, Clarion Chapter, Wildlife Society
Outstanding Community Service Award, 2008-2009, Clarion Chapter, Wildlife Society
CURRENT PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS
- Associate Editor: Herpetological Conservation and Biology (2008 to present)
- Member and Clarion University Chapter Advisor: The Wildlife Society (2008 to present)
- Member: The Society for the Study of Amphibians and Reptiles (2000 to present)
- Department of Biology and Geosciences Scholarship Coordinator