Dr. Kurt J. Regester
DEGREES EARNED / CERTIFICATIONS / PROFESSIONAL TRAINING
- Ph.D. Zoology, 2007, Southern Illinois University
PRIMARY COURSES TAUGHT
- General Zoology (BIOL 305)
- Wildlife Ecology and Management (BIOL 411)
- Ornithology (BIOL 428)
- Animal Behavior (BIOL 492)
- Population Biology (BIOL 494)
Ecology of Amphibians and Reptiles (BIOL 375) at Pymatuning Laboratory of Ecology (U. of Pittsburgh)
- Wildlife Ecology and Conservation
- Amphibians and Reptiles
MOST RECENT PUBLICATIONS / PRESENTATIONS
- Regester, K.J. 2015. Diseases of amphibians and reptiles in Pennsylvania: status and directions for research. Presentation at Annual Conference of The Wildlife Society, Pennsylvania Chapter. Plenary Speaker.
- Unger, S.D, E.J. Chapman, K.J. Regester, and R.N. Williams. In Press. Genetic patterns follow dendritic patterns in the Eastern Hellbender (Cryptobranchus alleganiensis alleganiensis). Herpetological Conservation and Biology.
- Regester, K.J, H. Simpson, E.J. Chapman, and P.J. Petokas. 2012. Occurrence of the fungal pathogen Batrachochytrium dendrobatidis among Eastern Hellbender populations (Cryptobranchus a. alleganiensis) within the Allegheny-Ohio and Susquehanna River drainages, Pennsylvania, USA. Herpetological Review 43:18–21.
- Regester, K.J., M.R. Whiles, and K.R. Lips. 2008. Variation in the trophic basis of production and energy flow associated with emergence of larval salamander assemblages from forest ponds. Freshwater Biology 53:1754–1767.
- Regester, K.J., K.R. Lips, and M.R. Whiles. 2006. Energy flow and subsidies associated with the complex life cycle of ambystomatid salamanders in ponds and adjacent forest in southern Illinois. Oecologia 147:303–314.
HONORS AND AWARDS
Mentored Student Awards
- C. Buell and N. Skelton, Best Undergraduate Student Poster, 2015, PA Mtg., Wildlife Society
- N. Hepfl, et al., Best Undergraduate Student Poster, 2013, Commonwealth of PA Biologists
- C. Roskosh and T. Hummel, Best Graduate Student Poster, 2012, PA Mtg., Wildlife Society
- A. Simpson and J. Martz, Best Undergraduate Student Poster, 2012, PA Mtg., Wildlife Society
- L. Bobnar, Felbaum Student Award, 2010, PA Mtg., Wildlife Society
- H. Simpson, France Allison Student Award, 2009, Clarion University Honors Program
Outstanding Community Service Award, 2010-2011, Clarion Chapter, Wildlife Society
Outstanding Community Service Award, 2008-2009, Clarion Chapter, Wildlife Society
CURRENT PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS
- Journal of Herpetological Conservation and Biology (Associate Editor)
- Pennsylvania Amphibian and Reptile Survey (Clarion County Coordinator)
- Partners in Amphibian and Reptile Conservation (Northeast Region)
- Partners in Amphibian and Reptile Conservation (Hellbender Working Group)
- The Wildlife Society (Clarion University Chapter Advisor)
- Society for the Study of Amphibians and Reptiles
- National Audubon Society
- Department of Biology and Geosciences Scholarship Coordinator