Foundation Job Opportunities
The Clarion University Foundation, Inc. is a not-for-profit corporation and charitable organization of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, formed to promote educational purposes in connection with or at the request of Clarion University. The Foundation is the organization designated to receive and manage private sector gifts provided for support of the activities and programs of the university. The operation of the Foundation, establishment of policies, acquisition of resources, stewardship of assets, and management of endowment funds are directed by the Board of Directors of the Foundation and are carried out by the Foundation staff.
Director of Annual Giving
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a passion and enthusiasm for the role that a strong annual giving program plays in advancing the important work of Clarion University and Clarion University Foundation, Inc., while simultaneously complementing and enhancing the major and planned gift program. Specifically, he/she will: work tirelessly to build and articulate a case for support that inspires donors to make consistent and recurring annual gifts, be well spoken and articulate, detail oriented, strategic in his/her approach to work, and able to collaborate with a diverse group of colleagues. Lead staff, students and volunteers to greater productivity by providing clear goals, leveraging existing budget resources toward the fulfillment of those goals, and measuring progress in real-time so that adjustments to strategy can be made as needed to meet goals. Thrive in a metric-oriented environment, be comfortable implementing both goals and metrics for staff members, as well as achieving his/her own set of goals and metrics established by the DOD, strategically manage a small portfolio of annual giving prospects with the philanthropic capacity to make leadership level annual fund gifts, embrace the highest degree of professional and personal integrity and strive to enhance the reputation of both Clarion University Foundation, Inc. and the Development profession as a whole. Enjoy living in a smaller community and actively engage in the Clarion University campus life.
A bachelor's degree from an accredited institution is required, along with 3-5 years of progressive experience in a high-functioning annual giving program, preferably from an institution of higher education.
For more information about this position and to read the full position description, please see the Director of Annual Giving position description at http://www.gonsergerber.com/services/executive-search-for-advancement-professionals/current-searches/clarion-university-foundation-director-annual-giving/
Compensation will be based upon the individual's qualifications and educational background, and how well she/he meets the requirements of the position.
NOMINATIONS AND APPLICATIONS
Nominations and applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Inquiries, nominations, and applications may be directed in confidence to: Charlie Shepard, c/o Gonser Gerber LLP, 1776 Legacy Circle, Suite 100, Naperville, IL 60563; email@example.com. To apply, please submit a cover letter, résumé, and three annotated professional references. References will not be contacted until later in the search process.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure that all organizational data management needs are met and effective processes are designed for collecting, managing, and using data throughout the organization.
- Software currently utilized: Blackbaud Applications (Raiser's Edge, Financial Edge, Net Community), RuffaloCody Campus Call, and various Microsoft products.
- Oversees all aspects of Raiser's Edge database usage and ensures policies and procedures are followed for efficient and effective use of data to support organizational goals.
- Create and run queries, exports, and reports as requested by staff to support fundraising and alumni outreach efforts.
- Maintain data integrity standards including security, accuracy, duplicate elimination, and conduct regular audits of database.
- Acquiring, cleansing, and integrating external and internally generated data into database and manage sharing of information with partners at Clarion University.
- Work collaboratively with Clarion University Computing Services in maintaining the organization's database as well as supporting all other software and hardware needs.
Successful candidates will possess:
- Bachelor's degree in Data Analytics, Information Systems, or related field.
- Valid PA Driver's License
- Minimum two (2) years relevant experience with relational databases
- An advanced Microsoft Office skill set required and experience with Blackbaud / Raiser's Edge ERP systems preferred.
- High degree of professionalism, including the demonstrated ability to timely manage responsibilities with accountability, flexibility, integrity, and tact.
- Effective interpersonal and written communication skills as well as organization skills are critical.
This position reports to the COO/CFO. Competitive salary and benefits package included. Please apply in writing with letter of interest, salary requirements, and resume to Deb Everett, Admin. Asst. /HR Coordinator, Clarion University Foundation, Inc., 840 Wood Street, Clarion, PA 16214 or e-mail same to firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE. Deadline for applications is April 20, 2018. No phone calls please.